K-Popjustice Charts - December 2017 Edition - COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts - December 2017 Edition - COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Dec 17, 2017.

1. @Squashua just made me want a collaboration I hadn’t even thought about.

I hate you.

RUNAWAY, Slice of Life and Squashua like this.
  2. OUR TOP 3 WILL BE REVEALED TONIGHT BUT FIRST...

[​IMG]

JAZZCLUB
    BoA
    from a yet to be released Japanese album ddddd
    SM Entertainment / Avex Trax

39 points

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 6
    Months on Chart: 1

VOTERS:
    8 - @send photo, @Cotton Park
    5 - @Kuhleezi, @Ceir, @Serg., @Slice of Life
    3 - @ryan_riot92

And Kween of Pop BoA just missed the top 5 with her latest single, the bawp-tastic Jazzclub.

This is so fun! It is of course very jazzy which is not exactly my favourite genre but Kween made me like it somehow. I think the chorus is particularly stellar. I didn't love this at first though. I thought it was a little... uninspired. Like, I was sure I heard this song before kii. But I was obviously won over by Kween. I'd say the fabulous choreography helped me warm up to the song.

The music video - the beginning scene, especially - makes me scream somehow??? Like, who the fuck calls their ex just to say they have gotten married already??? Like, I did not ask for information??? Delete it. Poor BoA.

Your comments!

Ceir: This jazzy club bop, though. I didn’t even realize this was coming out! (SOL: I don't think anyone knew about this release, unnie ddddd.)

ryan_riot92: That intro in the video was kind of awkward but the song is an absolute knock-out!! You would think with a name like Jazzclub, the song would be a bit more down-tempo … but binch we know bettah. Everything about this song from the sax to the scat is fabulous. I’m stoked for this upcoming album!

ohnostalgia, RUNAWAY, Ceir and 8 others like this.
  3. Are y'all ready for a surprise result?

[​IMG]

HEART SHAKER
    Twice
    from the Merry & Happy repackage album
    JYP Entertainment

74 points

Peak Position: 5

VOTERS:
    10 - @Aries, @Serg.
    9 - @junglefish, @BEST FICTION
    7 - @Cotton Park, @ryan_riot92, @eccentricsimply
    6 - @Slice of Life
    4 - @Squashua, @eliminathan
    1 - @ThighHighs

Oh wow. I did not expect this to miss the top 3. What happened???

Heart Shaker is Twice's latest Gaon chart-topper and I'm actually really loving this???

This is no Likey, that's for sure, but Heart Shaker is also such a strong release. I can't remember which one of y'all said it but yeah, this does sound like a Laboum song which is amazing to me [EDIT: IT WAS SQUASHUA UNNIE]. At first, only the chorus grabbed my attention but upon further listens, the verses clicked with me as well.

YOU CAN DO IT. LOVE IS TIMING.

[​IMG]

The music video, in usual Twice fashion, is really good as well. Twice does the fun, girl-next-door concept so well.

And yes, Sana is gay, Nayeon. We been knew.

Your comments!

Squashua: Is Sana Gay? And which Sana are we even talking about? Welcome to JYP's Idol Clone Submarine-meets-Supermarket Factory where we play Laboum tracks through the tannoy system and the Twice gals just trash everything whilst doing that weird hobbit walk dance around the floor. You know what? I'm here for that as a concept.

ThighHighs: Meh, this one isn't very good, but the chorus is cute and fun. I worship at Sana's altar.

eliminathan: A great song but Nayeon having the whole chorus and shrieking the entire way through is a bit grating. Her voice is fine when its countered by Jihyo in other songs. (SOL: NOOOOO I LOVE NAYEON'S CHORUS OMG.)

ryan_riot92: As if we didn’t have enough TWICE this year, they had the audacity to release YET ANOTHER anthem that we all can bop to! It has a but of this university vibe that Knock Knock had with a lovely bubble-gum pop tone. Not to mention we get another amazing amazing dance routine. These girls can do no wrong. They just … need a break. I kind of fear these girls are being rung dry by JYP at this point. (SOL: Ddddddddddd and then they just released Candy Pop.)

eccentricsimply: I was entirely unimpressed with this at first, but then I gave it another shot and I was absolutely hooked, especially with the "is Sana gay?" chorus. People underestimate Twice a lot, I feel. They constantly deliver songs that are just effortlessly light and sometimes there's nothing better for your mental and emotional health to listen to these happy songs that aren't attempting to be more than just sheer entertainment. (SOL: YATHHHHH THIS IS SO TRUE. A true pick-me-up anthem.)

BEST FICTION: It's not my favourite Twice song, but I have a reputation to uphold. (SOL: That Taylor Swift promo just won't let up.)

Aries: I feel this is underrated which is a shame but understandable given how much they've released this year. I think it may be one of my favourites because it is such a sweet, earnest track and it never fails to make me smile and sing along. (SOL: YATH.)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    ohnostalgia, Ceir, Serg. and 9 others like this.

4. I'm sorry, unnie.

[​IMG]

NEW
    Yves
    from the Yves single album
    BlockBerryCreative

80 points

Last Month's Position: 4
    Peak Position: 4
    Months on Chart: 2

VOTERS:
    10 - @Kuhleezi, @ThighHighs
    9 - @Alouder98, @Aries
    8 - @Sanctuary, @junglefish
    7 - @karmarisma, @Overdose
    5 - @D is for Danger!
    4 - @digitalkaiser
    2 - @Serg.
    1 - @Monkey0

Guess who snatched another top 4 placement? It's the new LOOΠΔ HBIC, Yves.

Alright, alright, I concede. This has grown on me so much and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stan this all out next month ddddd.

I think the reason why New took time to grow on me is because it wasn't OEC-sounding. It was probably hard for me to let go of my precious OEC girls. Forgive me, unnies. I'm emotional like that kii. But now, I have seen the light. I still don't stan this as much as y'all but I can definitely see why y'all are stanning this.

Your comments!

Monkey0: My Christmas gift to all those suffering from LOONA syndrome, I see your struggle and I admirer the conviction. (SOL: THE SCREAM I LET OUT! MESS!!!)

D is for Danger!: There's something sinister about those synths that I love. I didn't connect to it as quickly as with OEC, but it's definitely up there in quality.

karmarisma: is karmarisma finally opening her heart to Loona. It took till the 9th girl to completely crack my heart open with this mellow 80s-90s bop. I've been waiting for this all my life (SOL: It's never too late to join Team Talent, unnie.)

ThighHighs: I can't remember if I gave this any points last month, but I think I submitted too early to give Yvesus Christ her flowers, so here she goes. And I thought THIS was as sapphic as LOONA was going to get.

Overdose: Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show-stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, binch you know the rest. YVES DID THAT!

ohnostalgia, RUNAWAY, Ceir and 9 others like this.
  5. [​IMG]

Ceir, Serg., Mikl C and 7 others like this.
  6. It's an all-female, all-solo artist top 3!

I think this is the first time this happened?

FINALE #SOON.

CHUU

UHM JUNG HWA

HYUNA

Place your bets!

Goodnight! x

7. I'm a flop. I'm so sorry. <3

8. Poor Yves Saint Laurent can't even get a Top 3 placement. Truly Kimberly's most deserving heiress.

9. My condolences. ♡

10. It needs to go down like this:

3: Chuu
    2: HyunA
    1: Queen Uhm Jung Hwa

11. I knew Heart Shaker wouldn’t do well. It’s nowhere near as good as LIKEY.

12. Get Junghwa out

13. But we're not at #1 yet?

[​IMG]

Monkey0, RUNAWAY, Serg. and 8 others like this.
  14. Y’all need to respect your elders!! But not enough to get#1.

15. 3

[​IMG]

LIP & HIP
    HyunA
    from the Lip & Hip single album
    Cube Entertainment

98 points

Peak Position: 3

VOTERS:
    10 - @D is for Danger!, @ohnostalgia
    9 - @Squashua, @Kuhleezi, @He
    8 - @Alouder98, @eccentricsimply, @ThighHighs
    6 - @eliminathan
    5 - @digitalkaiser
    4 - @ryan_riot92, @Serg.
    3 - @BEST FICTION
    2 - @send photo
    1 - @Sanctuary, @junglefish, @karmarisma

Bubble pop is out. Boob pop is in.

Kween Hyuna scores another top 3 KPJC hit with the winning Lip & Hip. And nips. Keke.

After the surprisingly left-field (at least for HyunA's standard) Babe, HyunA Kim returns to her sex kitten persona and uhm, still sl&ys? Yath. Lip & Hip is pure filth and escandalo. Seriously, the music video is screaming to be banned. I love her.

Confession time. I... actually forgot to vote for this. PLEASE FORGIVE ME. Please know that I am 100% stanning this. It's just I haphazardly prepared my ballot so yeah, forgot about this. Sawry. x

This is nowhere near Babe, for sure, but something about the HAM-ness of this release really speaks to me. Just when y'all thought HyunA was probably gonna tone down the sex, she actually amps it up. I'm gonna admit that the pre-chorus is so funny to me because we all know HyunA's incapable of delivering those vocals. Kii. Still love her though.

Your comments!

BEST FICTION: I forgot this happened this month. It's not as good as BABE, but... Not much is.

eliminathan: I kind of wish HyunA released this when Gashina came out and then Babe could really shine but this song goes hard too.

eccentricsimply: I............... bit my tongue with this one. When I first listened to it I was like "oh for fuck sakes Hyuna /this/ after Babe?" bUT DAMN. Sometimes we just need a good hoe anthem to give us life, ain't it? Not to mention there's also some implicit social criticism in this song as well as the music video, like what she did with Babe, that I can appreciate a lot. (SOL: Kween HyunA is the new woke kween.)

ThighHighs: The perfect trashy bop for getting NYE ready, this got a lot of play in my apartment. I love any pop star who isn't afraid to break out a little tongue onstage, so when the good sis licks her hands like a cat, my gay ass falls all the way out. #OralFixation

Kuhleezi: After hours of rehearsals, I think I've got the lip pops just about right. For the choreo I'll need a bit more time. (SOL: OMG, I need a video juseyo.)

Squashua: At first it was fine. Then there was the Inverted High Class Street Corner Carrot lewk. Then there was the choreo with licking one's hand like you spilled BBQ sauce during a burger raid. THEN there was ButtDonald's, ridiculous innuendos, straight up sexuality and a day glo dork in the dorm, sex kitten in the klerb MV. THEN THEN THEN.... that popping sound effect took over my life. I find it difficult not to emulate the boob (or in this case moob) bounce everytime it happens. No one makes ridicu-bops like HyunA.

D is for Danger!: I've been obsessed with 3 songs this month, this being one of them. I love the lip & hip chorus and post-chorus. Perfect for singalongs!

ryan_riot92:
    Two words … Boob pop.

[​IMG]

16. 2

[​IMG]

HEART ATTACK
    Chuu
    from the Chuu single album
    BlockBerryCreative

103 points

Peak Position: 2

VOTERS:
    10 - @digitalkaiser
    9 - @ohnostalgia
    8 - @Squashua, @Aries, @Serg.
    7 - @Sanctuary, @junglefish, @ThighHighs
    6 - @Kuhleezi, @D is for Danger!
    5 - @BEST FICTION
    4 - @Alouder98, @Ceir, @He
    3 - @Slice of Life, @Overdose
    2 - @eccentricsimply, @karmarisma

Jinsoul tried and failed.

Choerry came close but nah.

Yves Saint Laurent just didn't have the luck.

Even Kimberly, Kween of Longevity, couldn't do it.

ONLY CHUU.

Chuu's solo single, Heart Attack, is now the highest ranking solo LOOΠΔ song in the history of KPJC. Penguinnie did thaT!

Honestly, at first, I was so sure Chuu would just be a ~visual~ member. So hearing her effortlessly go for riffs and runs on Heart Attack was such a pleasant surprise. It's unfair to look as cute as her AND be talented. I hate her.

I've seen people call this Girl's Day-lite and it really is. I can even hear some of Minah's signature wails here and there ddddd. And honestly, I'm thankful that BBC gave Chuu a completely different sound because as much as I love the LOOΠΔ tracks we're getting, it's all becoming one-note to these ears. So I really appreciate this surprise. Even the music video is different! I will miss the white borders but I will live as long as BBC continues to feed me with all these sapphic vibes kekeke. Chuu in the music video reminds me of Rooney Mara's character in the movie Carol. I'm stanning Chuu so hard. She's now my second fave after Miss Lip.

Your comments!

eccentricsimply: I admittedly haven't listened to this track much, but it's still a very cute bop. That video is what makes it though - who'd have thought LOONA would give us such a sapphic unit? Love it.

karmarisma: Brassy Bop

Overdose: LGBT QUEEN

Ceir: RISE MY PENGUIN QUEEN.

BEST FICTION: Girls Day lost a few members?

D is for Danger!: This is quite the departure from the previous Loona releases. Doesn't mean it's bad. I like the funky beat of the pre-chorus. The percussion and chimes definitely give the song a December & xmas feel.

Kuhleezi: I can't with LOONA. After Chuu slightly disappoints me with the single, of course she would go and release the best video thus far. I CAN'T!

ThighHighs: She's so adorable, and though the song isn't as instant as the last 5-6 LOONA singles were, I still bop on the regular.

Squashua: YATH @ my pretty penguin top-tier stalker unnie with a baby diva queen voice and personality for days not only coming up trumps with a sassy, marching pop bop but ALSO sneaking through the Lipbalm vs New Year's Yves stanwar with her big ol' stealth-scope camera and becoming potentially the most successful LOONA solo thus far. That ImpacT. Yes she will crush on ha HBIC Nuna whether she likes it or not. She's got the wardrobe down, the song AND video streaming for those bonus chart points and will eat her 5 a day no matter what you say. Urgh, can't wait for her LOONA Tvs - i'm kinda expecting a new bias honestly. (SOL: TWINS YATHHHHHHHHHHH. Lip and Yves stans can choke each other xoxo)

17. 1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ENDING CREDIT
    Uhm Jung Hwa
    from the The Cloud Dream of the Nine - The Second Dream mini album
    Mystic89 Entertainment

140 points

Peak Position: 1

VOTERS:
    10 - @Squashua, @Monkey0, @ryan_riot92, @He, @junglefish, @BEST FICTION, @Slice of Life, @Overdose
    9 - @Ceir, @send photo, @Cotton Park, @digitalkaiser, @ThighHighs
    4 - @Kuhleezi, @Aries
    3 - @D is for Danger!
    2 - @Sanctuary, @ohnostalgia

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know I can't give this song justice with this post but I'm gonna try anyway ddddddd.

Ending Credit is the latest single of the Evergreen Mawma, Uhm Jung Hwa. And it. is. jaw-droppingly. amazing.

Being a female K-Pop star is tough, we all know. The amount of scrutiny that these girls amass is enough to drive someone mad. Be skinny, people will pick on you. Be full-bodied, people will still pick on you. Be anything and literally people will lynch you. So seeing someone like Uhm Jung Hwa, 48 years old, still do her thing fearlessly and flawlessly is inspirational especially to the younger female idols. To see someone serve choreography like she's on her debut stage, strut her legs like she's an early 20s supermodel, and not succumb to the rigid Korean standards on how to act - on how to be - is so refreshing. Korea needs her. And I'm so glad she's delivering.

Ending Credit, the song, is just magical. There's no other way I could describe it. It is sad and hopeful. It is bitter and sweet. It is whimsical and real.

Your comments!

D is for Danger!: I love the dream like quality of the song.

Ceir: ELECTRONIC EMPRESS

This is what Eodiya’s older sister would be. She’s at the end of the relationship, she’s a little jaded, and she’s so much wiser than she was at the start. I love it.

ThighHighs: The exact kind of perfect dreamy synthpop that creams my corn better than anything else. God bless an age defying Princess of K-Pop.

Monkey0: Mother has arrived. I LOVE when song creates a specific world and pulls me into it. I need a story, an emotional message and visuals. She gave me all of that and scalped me completely.

[​IMG]

ryan_riot92: THE QUEEN HAS RETURNED!!! Bless us all with this absolute gem! I will admit tht I wasn’t keen on the song when I first heard it but after listening to it a few times, my love for it grew substantially!! Watching the choreography and the filmography of the video is just remarkable and lovely. This queen truly deserves to be the top this month.

BEST FICTION: I never paid attention to Uhm Junghwa except that one performance with Ga-in, and a bitch is mad because I've been missing out. What the fuck at this song? I felt like Peniel oppa cause I was SNATCHED BALD after this. (I'm sorry that's insensitive to people with alopecia, but I couldn't help myself.) (SOL: AJDHSJSJDDGSGSHSHHS I HATE DIS.)

Overdose: I can't help but watch with pride when I see Queen Uhm Jung Hwa. To still be outperforming the current idols after 20+ years in the business is insane and she makes it look so easy. She has such a serene quality about her and this song captures it perfectly. Everything about her is stunning and this single has certified me as a stan. SNATCH MY #1 QUEEN! (SOL: And snatch she did.)

Squashua: For an industry that's so quick to sign you up for a few short years of actual band-life (if you make it that far) only to cast you aside and move on to the next illustrious unit of 14 year olds, to find a gal that's not only still killing the game, still singing and still dancing like her life depended on it but also continuing to fearlessly herself within her musical ballpark & vision - that's nothing short of miracle. Well enter Uhm Jesus Hwa with this heart-wrenchingly bittersweet ode to the inevitable end of things, the acceptance of the past and the stoic resolve to watch the credits roll unflinchingly, just a tear in your eye. She literally took everything I stanned about CLC's Where Are You? and ramped it to to 1987 - gave me choreo, looks, drama, emotions, beats, bops... There was no one even close this festive season. We salute you Unnie Jung Hwa, come back every year with more Cloud Dreams if they're always going to be this magical. (SOL: I'm crying because.)

18. A DESERVED WIN FOR AN ICONIC SONG.

[​IMG]

19. HyunA, Chuu and Unnie Jung Hwa are all queens in their own way but I’m ECSTATIC UJH claimed the #1. As her celeb pal monologued profusely in Photographer: “She’s an inspiration.”

Y’all better not bomb this in the SO+Y Rate now I swear...

20. Wait at this being one of the most iconic Top 4s in the history of the chart.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.