K-Popjustice Charts | December 2018 Edition + 3rd GRAMAMA Awards | COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 16 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts | December 2018 Edition + 3rd GRAMAMA Awards | COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Enough about Belarusian Telephone System (CC: @Empty Shoebox)...

Let's all be unnecessarily hopeful with our next category...

〰2019 WILL BE MY YEAR AWARD〰

Our nominees are:

(G)I-DLE
    fromis_9
    LOOΠΔ
    Stray Kids
    WJSN

〈5TH PLACE〉
    TWO WAY TIE

[​IMG]

VOTERS:
    @Monkey0

Monkey0: Album sales don't lie.
    [​IMG]

Slice of Life: Objectively speaking, they should've won this award. But we don't care about being objective here so whatever. They have monster album sales. They just need their Growl moment or whatever 2PM's breaththrough single was.

[​IMG]

VOTERS:
    @eliminathan

eliminathan: If it ain't their year then catch me voting for them in "Disbandment of the Year" in the 2019 GRAMAMAs.

Slice of Life:
    [​IMG]

〈4TH PLACE〉

[​IMG]

VOTERS:
    @Twinkle
    @codecat

Slice of Life: Even without the China Line, their album sales are steadily increasing. And they snatched their first music show win in 2018 too. 2019 will be theirs.
    [​IMG]

〈3RD PLACE〉

[​IMG]

VOTERS:
    @Kuhleezi
    @ohnostalgia
    @Cotton Park
    @FunkyButChic
    @junglefish

Slice of Life: They just need that one hit single. I thought Love Bomb would be it but I guess not. I trust the fromage_9 girls. They will make it.

〈2ND PLACE〉

[​IMG]

VOTERS:
    @Dangerous Maknae
    @GeiPanda
    @Gintoki
    @ThighHighs
    @Reboot
    @Empty Shoebox
    @Serg.
    @SloMover
    @Vesperly
    @Artemisia
    @thommyh

ThighHighs: They’ve laid the foundation perfectly, but now they’ve just got to bring it home with another smash and they’ll be a top tier group. CUBE was right to let CLC flop so that (G)I-DLE could live. (SOL: OH WOW AT THE LAST SENTENCE. @eliminathan, kill ha!)

Vesperly: If Cube manages to screw them over then I'll switch my vote to fromis_9 ddd.

thommyh: YAASS!!!! These girls deserve it.

Empty Shoebox: As if it would be anyone else?

Slice of Life: This was such a close fight but the Girdle girls just lost by 2 votes. Tragique. It's okay though. They already have two hit singles - two more than LOOΠΔ. Kekeke. So don't fret, Girdle stans.

Sanctuary, thommyh, vague and 16 others like this.
  2. And so the winner of the...

〰2019 WILL BE MY YEAR AWARD〰

is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

VOTERS:
    @ryjm
    @Sanctuary
    @Oleander
    @eccentricsimply
    @He
    @Slice of Life
    @PopZeitgeist
    @evilsin
    @Love Deluxe
    @vague
    @Island
    @BEST FICTION
    @Vixen

KPJ Orbitches are on another level as they give LOOΠΔ their third GRAMAMA win. Talent.

Their album sales are surprisingly solid and they have the fandom power (I mean, they are staging big concerts already WTF). They just need that hit single - which is so easy to say but so hard to get.

I really hope the girls somehow find more relevance soon. They have worked so hard for it and I would hate for them to fail big time after the amount of effort they have shown. In Heejin's CFs we trust.

ryjm: Our girls have put in so much effort this year and truly deserve to blow up in 2019. I feel it in my bones, 2019 will be the year that South Korea (and the world) wakes up and recognises LOOΠΔ as the saviours of music.

He: Please, let them have a hit!

Congratulations, LOOΠΔ! Please accept your GRAMAMA statuette!

[​IMG]

Sanctuary, thommyh, vague and 17 others like this.
  3. Didn't Loona win this same award last year as well?

*Insert Sana's shady gif here*

Sanctuary, thommyh, vague and 16 others like this.
  4. DDDDDDD they did.

Sanctuary, thommyh, vague and 14 others like this.
  5. I'm contractually obligated to do this:
    [​IMG]
    (LG, you frickin' owe me.)

vague, RUNAWAY, evilsin and 8 others like this.
  6. I predict them winning "Next Year Will be My Year" award for seven years in a row will be a record on Guinness in 2024. Talent!

thommyh, vague, Mikl C and 12 others like this.
  7. Don't try it mawma! CUBE don't even remember CLC exist to "let" them anything. CLC flopped on their OWN and I'll ask you to remember THAT.

[​IMG]

thommyh, vague, Mikl C and 15 others like this.
  8. Wait I just noticed Slicey ditched the best performance award this year. I was ready to give this my vote

vague, Island, Oleander and 4 others like this.
  9. Our next category for tonight is...

〰ARTIST THAT NEEDS VACATION AWARD〰

Here are our nominees:

BTS
    GOT7
    iKON
    Red Velvet
    Twice

〈5TH PLACE〉

[​IMG]

VOTERS:

[​IMG]

Slice of Life: I guess you didn't work enough in 2018, boys. Even @eliminathan failed you. xoxo

〈3RD PLACE〉
    TWO WAY TIE

[​IMG]

VOTERS:
    @Slice of Life

Slice of Life: DDDDDD I'm not sorry. They literally come back every two months. WHAT ABOUT LEE HI? WHAT ABOUT AKDONG MUSICIAN? WHAT ABOUT ONE? WHAT ABOUT BLACKPINK??? THEY DESERVE COMEBACKS TOO.

[​IMG]

VOTERS:
    @Sanctuary

Slice of Life: DDDD They do seem overworked these days despite still looking so fab and fresh. Take a vacation, kids. And come back again with another divisive bawp. xoxo

〈2ND PLACE〉

[​IMG]

VOTERS:
    @Twinkle
    @ryjm
    @Oleander
    @Empty Shoebox
    @ohnostalgia
    @eccentricsimply
    @SloMover
    @Artemisia
    @junglefish
    @eliminathan
    @Vixen

ryjm: Please just disappear for a while so other successful and groundbreaking artists can receive the attention that is rightfully theirs..and the insufferable army scourge can retreat from whence they came.

Oleander: So long as their hardcore deluded stans go with them.

eccentricsimply: The Twice girls as well but like these boys could use an entire military enlistment as a break

eliminathan: Take your time sis, and then take some more. Come back in 2021 or something honestly.

Empty Shoebox: Preferably for about 45 years so their fans FUCK THE FUCK OFF

Slice of Life: DDDD I was so close to voting for them but decided last minute that no, I need more ARMY mess in my life. The chaotic binch jumped out. Although I can't wait for the debut of Big Hit Entertainment's new boy group. I need to see ARMYs being pressed that a new group is using BTS' name to be successful. xoxo

Sanctuary, vague, RUNAWAY and 12 others like this.
  10. Our winner of the...

〰ARTIST THAT NEEDS VACATION AWARD〰

is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    VOTERS:
    @Dangerous Maknae
    @GeiPanda
    @Gintoki
    @ThighHighs
    @Reboot
    @Kuhleezi
    @Monkey0
    @Cotton Park
    @Serg.
    @FunkyButChic
    @He
    @codecat
    @PopZeitgeist
    @Vesperly
    @evilsin
    @Love Deluxe
    @vague
    @Island
    @BEST FICTION
    @thommyh

NAWT ANOTHER BACK-TO-BACK WIN.

This time, it's Twice. They also won this award in the last GRAMAMAs. Oh wow.

If even a superstan like @BEST FICTION wishes for Twice to take a break, then you know shit's getting real. This is actually worrying. Their schedule is giving me T-ara at their peak and we all know what happened there. #PROTECTWICE

It's also worrying when the girls get sick... like when Mina had to pull out from a performance or something. Fix this shit asap, @JYP. And what happened to your statement about being in cult??? I need to know the answers, oppa.

ThighHighs: LET THEM SLEEP, JUSEYO!

Monkey0: I'd enjoy vacation from them too.
    [​IMG]

FunkyButChic: An actual vacation please. Not too long though, K-Pop might start forgetting what a good song actually sounds like without their bops to save the day.

He: I do enjoy their singles a lot (though it’s been a nosedive since Likey), but the girls REALLY need some time off. GIVE THEM HOLIDAYS JYP!

PopZeitgeist: it's not like the quality warrants the quantity...

Vesperly: Hopefully JYP's new girl group will mean they finally get to rest longer than a week (but also that they won't disappear, New Girl Group Syndrome is real.)

Congratulations (???), Twice! Please accept your GRAMAMA statuette!

[​IMG]

11. How convenient that they've won this when J-Line is in Japan & Tzuyu is in Taiwan for a week off...probably because this is coming up really soon

2nd compilation album of Korean title tracks in Japanese, we're getting Likey in Japanese... YATHHH

Sanctuary, vague, RUNAWAY and 9 others like this.
  12. DDDDDD I didn't watch that much live performances last year so I couldn't come up with a decent list of nominees. Mianhae. ♡

13. I thought vacation meant we hated them, not that we were genuinely concerned for their health .ddddd.

Sanctuary, thommyh, vague and 14 others like this.
  14. SABFSDFGSADHF I'M SO SLEEPY BUT I NEED TO STICK TO THE SCHEDULE.

LET'S DO THIS. LET'S GET THIS BREAD.

Our last category for tonight is...

〰ARTIST THAT NEEDS TO MAKE A COMEBACK AWARD〰

The nominees are:

BLACKPINK
    CLC
    HyunA
    Nine Muses
    Pristin

〈5TH PLACE〉
    TWO WAY TIE

[​IMG]

VOTERS:
    @Cotton Park
    @Love Deluxe

Slice of Life:
    Also Slice of Life:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

VOTERS:
    @SloMover
    @Artemisia

SloMover: They’ve already conquered K-pop with like six songs, what’s with the hesitation around them?

Slice of Life: I NEED A COMEBACK BEFORE THE WORLD TOUR. IT'S NOT REALISTIC BUT LET A BINCH DREAM OKAY.

〈4TH PLACE〉

[​IMG]

VOTERS:
    @Dangerous Maknae
    @GeiPanda
    @Reboot
    @Kuhleezi
    @Slice of Life

Slice of Life: Pristin won, like, three dozen rookie awards. So what did Pledis Entertainment do? Not give them a comeback since. WTF. I sincerely hope they don't go through the shit After School went through. That would be the stupidest ending ever.

〈2ND PLACE〉
    TWO WAY TIE

[​IMG]

VOTERS:
    @Twinkle
    @Empty Shoebox
    @Monkey0
    @codecat
    @vague
    @junglefish
    @BEST FICTION

Monkey0: I miss them and their bops.
    [​IMG]

codecat: LOVE CITY WAS IN FUCKING AUGUST OF 2017. Star Empire and their shitshack building is going to ROCK if we don't get our deserved comeback in 2019. I wish we could vote for one more acts because Pristin deserve that goddamned comeback as well, and to see one of the most promising and talented groups in the business rotting away in a basement like this is sad. Not even a freaking event (yeah!!! there was one!!!!) managed to help the poor girls out ffs why are Pledis SO BAD AT THIS!!?!?!?! (SOL: Hold me, unnie, while you sing We Like to me.)

Empty Shoebox: Because when have they ever disappointed us? (SOL: Okay, tea.)

Slice of Life: To be honest, I'm worried, girls. I really hope they aren't headed for a disbandment because it will break me. I'm not kidding. Gimme that comeback, juseyo.

[​IMG]

VOTERS:
    @Oleander
    @eccentricsimply
    @FunkyButChic
    @PopZeitgeist
    @eliminathan
    @Vixen
    @thommyh

eliminathan: Day 318 - I can hear the WIZ*ONE's laughing at us Cheshires from outside the dungeon. How did we end up like this, with a BLACKPINK release schedule. Sorn said something about releasing an album again, but I don't know what to believe. It's dark and cold and I want to go home. (SOL: SORN DIDN'T LIE KEKEKE.)

thommyh: Finally, an award CLC is actually eligible for. nn. But, yeah, I really miss their presence. Like, really? One song a year? BLACKPINK is shaking.

Slice of Life: WTFFFFF THEY ARE ACTUALLY COMING BACK THIS MONTH I'M SCREAMING. They didn't win this award but they won a comeback so all is well.

Sanctuary, thommyh, vague and 18 others like this.
  15. I was ready to vote for that category too sis.

[​IMG]

Not them releasing Japanese AND Korean music videos in December and nobody giving them the time of day because we had to vote for SOTY entries. They can't go on vacation because we need more of their BOPS in 2019 to snatch SOTY places during slow months.

RUNAWAY, Oleander, ThighHighs and 3 others like this.
  16. And our winner for the...

〰ARTIST THAT NEEDS TO MAKE A COMEBACK AWARD〰

is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

VOTERS:
    @ryjm
    @Sanctuary
    @Gintoki
    @ThighHighs
    @ohnostalgia
    @Serg.
    @He
    @Vesperly
    @evilsin
    @Island

Miss HyunA just snatched her first ever GRAMAMA. Yath.

I didn't vote for HyunA because I knew for sure she'd come back this 2019 but yes, I am so excited for new music from Miss Kim.

Whenever you're ready, my lovely unnie.

ryjm: I need HyunA to be that binch and rise like a motherfucking phoenix from the ashes, unleash an uber mega bop and eviscerate all the competition. Unnie needs to remind Cube and the industry why she is such a force to be reckoned with. Gag them sis with your talent and eleganza. Do it for the gays, do it for the WOMEN, and do it for yourself. (SOL: We need not to worry, unnie. HyunA will deliver. I speak that into existence!)

ThighHighs: Come back and show the world who’s boss, babe!

He: Please come back with an earthshattering bop solo, and a collab with your bae. (SOL: WAIT I FORGOT ABOUT E'DAWN DDDD SORRY OPPA.)

Vesperly: I need to see what that comeback is like.

Congratulations, HyunA! Please accept your GRAMAMA statuette!

[​IMG]

17. Hey, that's a valid reason for wanting them to take a vacation too. ♡

Sanctuary, vague, evilsin and 7 others like this.
  18. On a completely related note, does anyone own an LG anything?

19. Why do I constantly not know when rates/awards things have already started on here? I'm forever out of the loop.

I'm so proud of WJSN winning "Best Choreography". Legends only.

Slice of Life likes this.
  20. My mom suggested I buy an LG TV on Black Friday because it was the best price and even though I DESPERATELY need a new TV, I laughed in her face.

Sanctuary, Oleander, vague and 6 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.