K-Popjustice Charts | December 2018 Edition + 3rd GRAMAMA Awards | COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 18 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts | December 2018 Edition + 3rd GRAMAMA Awards | COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Dec 20, 2018.

1. And the winner of the...

〰COUPLE OF THE YEAR〰

is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

VOTERS:
    @Dangerous Maknae
    @Twinkle
    @GeiPanda
    @Gintoki
    @ThighHighs
    @Kuhleezi
    @Monkey0
    @ohnostalgia
    @Cotton Park
    @eccentricsimply
    @Serg.
    @He
    @SloMover
    @Slice of Life
    @PopZeitgeist
    @Vesperly
    @Artemisia
    @Island
    @thommyh

There is no way any other couple was winning this. I would've rigged the results if they lost anyway. xoxo

No but really, Hyuna & E'Dawn are trailblazers for being soooo public with their relationship. Openly flirting on Instagram videos? Kissing in public like it's the most natural thing in the world? Not giving a flying fuck? The conservative Korean society is shaken to its core. Ugh, I stan.

It helps that their chemistry is off the charts and they look super cute together. I hope they stay together forever and ever. My mom and dad.

Monkey0: For showing CUBE's true colours, I just hope the D is excellent because sis HyunA lost some coins over this.
    [​IMG]

eccentricsimply: Looking forward to further enabling the straight agenda by voting on Jennie and Jongin next year! (SOL: Didn't you also vote for Kai and Krystal as Couple of the Year on the 1st GRAMAMAs? Twins!)

He: Fuck a Cube.

SloMover: They really have zero fucks in them and I love it. I hope the whole ridiculous debacle around them will be a tipping point in showing companies that idols dating is literally not a big deal but the messery around Jennie and Kai still shows some weird stigma against idols dating which is so bizarre.

Vesperly: It's got to be these hets. I mean, the grief. (SOL: shdghjsgdfh I can't cope.)

thommyh: Anything for MY Empress' happiness.

Congratulations, HyunA and Hyojong! Please accept your GRAMAMA statuette!

[​IMG]

Sanctuary, Oleander, thommyh and 18 others like this.
  2. [​IMG]
    Three's a crowd hunty

[​IMG]

Oleander, thommyh, vague and 12 others like this.
  3. Okay, time to get messy.

Our next category is...

〰MOST DISAPPOINTING SONG OF THE YEAR〰

Our nominees are:

AOA - Bingle Bangle
    BTS - Idol
    Jennie - Solo
    Luna - Night Reminiscing
    Oh My Girl Banhana - Banana Allergy Monkey
    Red Velvet - Really Bad Boy
    Sohee - Hurry Up
    Suzy - Holiday
    Tiffany - Over My Skin

Twice - Dance The Night Away

〈9TH PLACE〉
    TWO WAY TIE

[​IMG]
    SOHEE

VOTERS:

[​IMG]

Slice of Life: DDDDD I thought some of y'all hated this. As for me, I love this. Kekeke. Sohee 4ever!

[​IMG]
    SUZY

VOTERS:

[​IMG]

Slice of Life: Ugh, I love Suzy more than I love some people in real life but this song is not the tea. Next!

〈7TH PLACE〉
    TWO WAY TIE

[​IMG]
    OH MY GIRL BANHANA

VOTERS:
    @Oleander

Oleander: I'd vote for BTS just to drag them but I haven't heard Idol kiiii. So.....Oh My Girl Banhana - Banana Allergy Monkey is my vote. It has grown on my a bit, though.

SOL: Once again, I love this sdfgksdgfhsdjkf. The poor taste jumped out. I'm not sorry. x

[​IMG]
    BTS

VOTERS:
    @Cotton Park

Slice of Life: Umm, definitely the worst song here but not the most disappointing. When the group has been a disappointment for, like, two years now, you kinda don't set expectations anymore. xoxo

〈6TH PLACE〉

[​IMG]
    LUNA

VOTERS:
    @ryjm
    @Monkey0

ryjm: It's some sick twisted cosmic joke that SM has the audacity to force a ballad (a ballad) down our throats when we know Luna can deliver the bops. Years of silence from f(x) and this is what we get? No ma'am.

Monkey0: No, it's not 'Idol' because I knew it's going to be shit considering everytime K-Pop acts enters Western mainstream they serve watered down bop based on current American trend to appeal the masses.
    I have no time for Luna in her current state. Your ballads are trash, your singer-songwriter output is trash, get huge bops and serve it girl.
    [​IMG]

Slice of Life: Unnies, I'm gonna be honest. I don't even remember how this song goes so I really can't comment on it. Kekeke.

〈5TH PLACE〉

[​IMG]
    TWICE

VOTERS:
    @PopZeitgeist
    @Love Deluxe
    @vague

Slice of Life: This is getting hard. I genuinely love this shdfghsd. But I also see why people will find this disappointing.

〈4TH PLACE〉

[​IMG]
    JENNIE

VOTERS:
    @Kuhleezi
    @eccentricsimply
    @SloMover
    @Slice of Life
    @Artemisia

eccentricsimply: I was going to vote for BTS but then I realized I wasn't really expecting much more than that to be disappointed nñn

SloMover: This is a intro, not a full song. Jennie’s too talented and charismatic to be releasing this Selena Gomez beige nothingness.

Slice of Life: Sigh. I was soooo looking forward to this. And then we got... that. I don't like not supporting my faves so I forced myself to love this for, like, three weeks. And I only hated it more dddddd.

〈3RD PLACE〉

[​IMG]
    TIFFANY YOUNG

VOTERS:
    @Dangerous Maknae
    @ThighHighs
    @Reboot
    @evilsin
    @eliminathan
    @Vixen

Dangerous Maknae: Not necessarily the worst song on the list but this hurt the most when it came out. Also shout out to AOA and Jennie since they let me down too.

eliminathan: Just YIKES on that one honestly.

Slice of Life: @Dangerous Maknae voting for Tiffany on the Most Disappointing Song of the Year and the Artist that Needs Improvement Award is a mood. We stan a sensible stan. I genuinely wish Tiff finds her footing again.

〈2ND PLACE〉

[​IMG]
    RED VELVET

VOTERS:
    @Sanctuary
    @Gintoki
    @Empty Shoebox
    @ohnostalgia
    @FunkyButChic
    @junglefish
    @BEST FICTION

FunkyButChic: They can do better, c’mon.

Empty Shoebox: Or all the Red Velvet singles.

Slice of Life: I have spoken about my feelings for the song so I'm just gonna let y'all have this.

Sanctuary, Oleander, vague and 13 others like this.
  4. And so the winner of the...

〰MOST DISAPPOINTING SONG OF THE YEAR〰

is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

VOTERS:
    @Twinkle
    @GeiPanda
    @Serg.
    @He
    @codecat
    @Vesperly
    @Island
    @thommyh

Oh wow. Winning over Red Velvet's RBB by just a single vote is AOA's 2018s single, Bingle Bangle. I actually didn't peg this as the winner of this category.

And despite me occasionally bopping to this when it comes on shuffle, Bingle Bangle just doesn't measure up to AOA's past singles. And this is their first single post-Choa so there was definitely expectations for them to deliver. And they didn't.

But will we still get an AOA comeback now that Cherry Bullet are gonna debut in a few days??? Stay tuned. x

He: this was not the tea, not after the best member left. I’m glad it didn’t flop, but please do better next time, unnies :) (SOL: This also came after Excuse Me and this is an insulting follow-up.)

codecat: Bingle Bangle is still the stuff of Silent Hill penis-shaped monster nightmares and anyone who stands for it is a child of Satan (SOL: Hot.)

Vesperly: None of my personal picks are here and I'm not too salty about AOA since I liked this mini as a whole... but yeah, Bingle Bangle is garbage and Ladi Dadi should've been the title track.

Island: y’all writing for including Holiday

thommyh: I'm sorry, but I genuinely cannot stomach this song in any capacity.

Congratulations (???), AOA! Please accept your GRAMAMA statuette!

[​IMG]

5. Red Velvet luckily surviving not one but two "disappointing" awards

[​IMG]

Sanctuary, Oleander, thommyh and 14 others like this.
  6. T A L E N T

[​IMG]

Oleander, thommyh, vague and 15 others like this.
  7. These are our remaining categories.

MESS OF THE YEAR

SUBFORUM MESS OF THE YEAR

OPPA OF THE YEAR

UNNIE OF THE YEAR

COCKSUCKER OF THE YEAR

All are Daesangs by the way. I was gonna post Mess of the Year tonight but an unnie is tired and needs to sleep now.

I will try to finish the GRAMAMA Awards tomorrow. It's Saturday here tomorrow so I have more time writing the posts. So for the finale, please prepare your best, most sickening red carpet lewks. I'm expecting a lot. xoxo

Goodnight, unnies. ♡​

Sanctuary, Oleander, vague and 15 others like this.

8. So How about an intermission? Sit back, relax and relive
    DECEMBER:

Sleep well, @Slice of Life !​

Sanctuary, Oleander, vague and 17 others like this.
  9. ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Sanctuary, Oleander, vague and 13 others like this.
  10. It'd be funny if someone who doesn't know about the forum watches along to these and suddenly December is a literal jumble of random songs from the whole year rather than mostly December releases. Iconic video as usual sis~

Edit: DDD forgot that Ladi Dadi was in the top 3 that's even weirder.

Sanctuary, Oleander, thommyh and 14 others like this.
  11. Thanks! Yeah, I had to make fun of the Ladi Dadi thing at the end... (I didn't get the PM, though...) ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Oleander, vague, BEST FICTION and 5 others like this.
  12. f(x), SNSD, and Rachel Stevens. Legends only.

Oleander, vague, PopZeitgeist and 4 others like this.
  13. Me showing up at my sis wedding

Oleander, vague, evilsin and 8 others like this.
  14. I really didn’t want to vote heterosexual but I also enjoy idols fighting against the Kpop Machine.

Sanctuary, Oleander, vague and 5 others like this.

15. I do not recommend. xoxo

Oleander, vague, junglefish and 10 others like this.
  16. Bingle Bangle getting "most disappointing" song is a lot to take in. I can't hate a song whose physical mini album comes with stickers! Stickers!

Oleander, thommyh, vague and 2 others like this.
  17. [​IMG]

Welcome to the finale of the 3rd GRAMAMA Awards!

Continuing with the theme of ~mess~...

Our next category is...

〰MESS OF THE YEAR〰

The nominees are:

ARMYs mess
    CL mess
    CLC vs. IZ*ONE mess
    Hyuna&E'Dawn vs. Cube mess
    Jennie mess
    Nilo and Shaun mess
    Mixnine mess
    Momoland and Sunmi plagiarism
    San E mess
    Violence mess
    Wendy imitating black women mess

〈10TH PLACE>
    TWO WAY TIE

[​IMG]
    (Jennie mess)

VOTERS:

[​IMG]

Slice of Life: The Jennie mess refers to fans and anti-fans alike who called out Jennie for being lazy on stage. And I think that mess wasn't felt enough here on KPJ so I understand why it didn't get any vote ddddd.

[​IMG]
    (Momoland and Sunmi plagiarism)

VOTERS:

[​IMG]

Slice of Life: I mean, I thought this would get at least one vote ddddd. But since it happened in January of last year, I understand that it wasn't messy enough for y'all.

〈6TH PLACE>
    FOUR WAY TIE

[​IMG]
    (CL mess)

VOTERS:
    @Vesperly

Vesperly: Honestly, ALL OF THE ABOVE but I'll go for CL because it hurts my heart #justiceforcl

Slice of Life: DDDDDD this was an iconique mess. Basically, CL called out YG multiple times for not giving her the time of the day. She also ~fought~ with BLACKPINK stans because she apparently shade Jennie. But in the end, this is just CL finding a platform - any platform, really - to be heard. Sure, she could've chosen a different, less messy approach but when you're in her shoes, I don't think you don't have that much options, really. Poor unnie.

[​IMG]
    (CLC vs. IZ*ONE mess)

VOTERS:
    @eliminathan

eliminathan: I understand that it was out of CLC and IZ*ONE's control, POSSIBLY even out of CUBE's control. HOWEVER, this is tragic and the fact that they have been hinting at it, preparing for it, practicing for it, recording a reality show for it, and then losing their comeback is a disaster.

Slice of Life: This was messy but then again, Cube Entertainment is involved so did we expect any less??? This was also sad on CLC's side because yeah, they did lose out on an amazing song - a song that, as @eliminathan pointed out, they have already prepared so much for. Tragic. But the CLC girls are making a comeback this month and we should all focus our attention to that. BUY IT, STREAM IT, GIFT IT, ANYTHING TO HELP THE GIRLS.

[​IMG]
    (Nilo and Shaun mess)

VOTERS:
    @Twinkle

Slice of Life: DDDDDD this is so pathetic and I will be forever pressed that these men blocked Twice TWICE from getting perfect all kills.

[​IMG]
    (Violence mess)

VOTERS:
    @evilsin

Slice of Life: First of all, I am so sorry for not explaining this. But what I meant with "violence mess" is the countless physical and sexual violence we have seen in K-Pop in 2018. The most famous example is probably when Hara got assaulted by her ex-boyfriend. There was also MASC's Chibin who was physically harmed by a member of his group. Then there was actor Lee Seo Won who sexualy assaulted and threatened female celebrities. And there also was the tragic mess that was The East of Light controversy where two members of the group was allegedly physically assaulted by a producer. Whew, that was a lot. I hope the victims of these cases get the justice that they deserve.

〈5TH PLACE>

[​IMG]
    (Mixnine mess)

VOTERS:
    @ThighHighs
    @SloMover

ThighHighs: While HyunA and E’Dawn were huge messes, it will NEVER fail to gag me that the entire reality show ran its course and then the winning group just… didn’t. No single, no videos, no photoshoots even after the finale? They just… didn’t happen. Poor its.

SloMover: I’m going to pray into existence that 2019 brings more YG dragging.

Slice of Life: This was just... a fucking hot mess. YG not keeping his promises??? pretends_to_be_shocked.gif But this was a different level altogether. This time, YG broke his promise of a debut TO TRAINEES THAT ARE NOT EVEN UNDER HIS COMPANY. What the fuck. And his excuses for not debuting these poor trainees??? Tragic, tragic all around. I hope he resigns from YG already. Stop fucking things up, you stupid rodent-looking asshole.

〈4TH PLACE>

[​IMG]
    (Wendy imitating black women mess)

VOTERS:
    @GeiPanda
    @Reboot
    @Vixen

Slice of Life: If you haven't watched the video yet, watch it now and prepare to cringe.

[​IMG]

〈3RD PLACE>

[​IMG]
    (San E mess)

VOTERS:
    @Kuhleezi
    @Monkey0
    @vague
    @junglefish

Monkey0: The patriarchy and in particular "nice guys" revealing their ugly face.

[​IMG]

Slice of Life: So San E attacked feminists through a song and in a surprising turn of events, South Korea dragged his ugly ass to filth. He has also been dropped by his label, Brand New Music.

〈2ND PLACE>

[​IMG]
    (ARMYs mess)

VOTERS:
    @ryjm
    @Gintoki
    @He
    @Slice of Life
    @thommyh

ryjm: honestly the worst fandom out there, I despise the fact that their utter delusion and lunacy is casting a dark shadow on the rise of KPOP. These idiots are making a bad name for the KPOP community and they all just need to chill. The rise of KPOP is a fucking beautiful thing but we don't need these mindless stans souring what should be a really positive thing.

He: I petition to have an Army centric mess award, there’s no way it won’t get worse (SOL: If they continue being the twats that they are, I will for sure make an Army-centric mess award for the next GRAMAMAs dddd.)

thommyh: Honestly, this is the messiest stan group I've seen in a while. And I survived the great 2013 Katy vs Gaga war, so I know about messy stans. nn

Slice of Life: I mean, this is the fandom who trended #ENDViolence... then immediately goes violent towards other fandoms. This is the fandom who honestly believes that BTS aren't K-Pop... meanwhile, BTS continuously refer to themselves as a K-Pop group. This is the fandom that believes that other K-Pop groups would be nothing without BTS' fame in the Western world. This is the fandom who takes shit on the most improper places and genuinely does not know how to use a deodorant. This is the fandom who... you know what, I don't think I can list everything they did in the past year alone. They are just a big fucking mess. The fact that I cannot enjoy ANY BTS song now because whenever I do, I am reminded of their nasty, nasty fandom is tragic. The BTS boys are genuinely the sweetest boys. They deserve so much better than having a fandom as gross as ARMYs.

Sanctuary, Oleander, thommyh and 16 others like this.
  18. And so the winner of the...

〰MESS OF THE YEAR〰

is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

VOTERS:
    @Dangerous Maknae
    @Sanctuary
    @Oleander
    @Empty Shoebox
    @ohnostalgia
    @Cotton Park
    @eccentricsimply
    @Serg.
    @FunkyButChic
    @codecat
    @PopZeitgeist
    @Love Deluxe
    @Artemisia
    @Island
    @BEST FICTION

If it weren't for my huge hatred of the ARMY fandom, this would definitely get my vote.

The Hyuna & E'Dawn versus Cube Entertainment saga is just... a lot. It was so bizarre and frankly, I still scream every time I think about it. Cube Entertainment threw the biggest fit ever by kicking out HyunA and E'Dawn from the company for... dating. I mean, I get that they wanted to reprimand HyunA & E'Dawn for, like, not telling the company about their relationship in advance. But to kick them out of the company altogether??? And I thought I was dramatic.

eccentricsimply: LIKE............... CUBE DONE KICK OUT THEIR MOST FAMOUS ARTIST OF THE COMPANY BECAUSE SHE WAS GETTING SOMEONE'S DICK WET?????????? What the fuck Cube I never thought I'd say this but can you take SM's and YG's example for once??

Empty Shoebox: Ain't you ever seen a princess be a bad bitch? (Yes, I've used that before but do you care? No. You don't).

Congratulations (???), HyunA, E'Dawn and Cube Entertainment! Please accept your GRAMAMA statuette!

[​IMG]

19. Our next category is...

〰OPPA OF THE YEAR〰

Our nominees are:

E'Dawn
    Jaden Jeong (LOOΠΔ Creator)
    Lee Joowon (Happyface Entertainment CEO)
    SHINee
    Seungri

〈5TH PLACE>
    TWO WAY TIE

[​IMG]

VOTERS:
    @eliminathan

eliminathan: After finally releasing songs that are more suited to KPJ's expanding tastes, the forum can now all agree that she is beautiful.

Slice of Life: We'll let @eliminathan unnie have this. Jinyoung is indeed a beauty.

[​IMG]
    HAPPYFACE ENTERTAINMENT CEO

VOTERS:
    @codecat

codecat: I chose this vote out of my level of thirst. SHINee and Seungri would have been some obvious choices but there's no bigger turn-on than standing up for yourself and for your business, so I'm picking Happyface CEO Lee Joowon. Suing YG on the account of the MIXNINE mess? For a relatively small account just to set an example that smaller companies can't be bullied into submission by bigger ones? Including a drag such as “I want to ask about the similarly-formatted YG audition program ‘YG Treasure Box’ and whether they have an obligation to debut [the group] if the show doesn’t do well”? I'm sweating as if I just had seen a shirtless gif of Wonho parading his tits.

Slice of Life: Perfectly put, @codecat unnie. Lee Joowon oppa, I stand by you. Please continue taunting The Rodent.

〈4TH PLACE>

[​IMG]

VOTERS:
    @Gintoki
    @Serg.

Slice of Life: I went from being an E'Dawn hater during the Like This era to a fan in the Shine era. And when it was revealed that he was dating THE Kim HyunA since he was still a trainee... I just had to stan.

〈2ND PLACE>
    TWO WAY TIE

[​IMG]
    LOOΠΔ CREATOR

VOTERS:
    @GeiPanda
    @evilsin
    @vague
    @Island
    @Vixen

Slice of Life: Thank you for giving us the most gag-worthy pre-debut shenanigans ever. Thank you for not giving up on LOOΠΔ during that time even if they were selling, like, two copies of their solo albums ddddd. Thank you for the wonderful songs. Sincerely, THANK YOU SO MUCH, OPPA.

[​IMG]

VOTERS:
    @Twinkle
    @Sanctuary
    @Monkey0
    @Slice of Life
    @Artemisia

Monkey0: He got thicc and got the money so I'm into it.
    [​IMG]

Slice of Life: MY OPPAAAAAAA. I knew SHINee was gonna win anyway so might as well throw my one true oppa a vote. Kekeke. No but really, 2018 is a banner year for him and I'm glad 5 of us agree ddddd. We love the best Big Bang member!

Sanctuary, Oleander, vague and 14 others like this.
  20. And so the very deserving winner of the...

〰OPPA OF THE YEAR〰

is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

VOTERS:
    @ryjm
    @Oleander
    @ThighHighs
    @Reboot
    @Kuhleezi
    @ohnostalgia
    @Cotton Park
    @eccentricsimply
    @FunkyButChic
    @He
    @SloMover
    @PopZeitgeist
    @Vesperly
    @Love Deluxe
    @junglefish
    @BEST FICTION
    @thommyh

Four amazing singles.

A firecracker of an album.

The first and only male group to have a number 1 song in the K-Popjustice Charts.

But in the end, it was their resilience and grace that truly made them the only acceptable winner of this award.

Jonghyun oppa would be so, so proud. We love and miss you, oppa!

ryjm: The sheer courage, strength and resilience they have shown getting through such unimaginable pain and strife is truly inspiring. To see them preserve and continue following their vision to bring joy and happiness to the world is a phenomenal thing. Everything they have released this year has been a triumph and is testament to all that the five of them represent. They shall forever be the reigning princes of pop. (SOL: Amen.)

ThighHighs: Always, if they’re an option.

eccentricsimply: Slicey I'm counting on you to rig this one so SHINee will win (SOL: No need for rigging, unnie. They won this by a landslide ddddd.)

He: Always

SloMover: To go through what they did, and to go through it with such grace like they did… They deserve it.

Vesperly: <3 (also, of course Loona's creator is called Jaden ddd) (SOL: LET JADEN OPPA LIVE, OKAY.)

Congratulations, SHINee oppas! Please accept your GRAMAMA statuette!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Sanctuary, Oleander, askew and 19 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.