K-Popjustice Charts - January 2018 Edition + 2nd GRAMAMA Awards - COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 23 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts - January 2018 Edition + 2nd GRAMAMA Awards - COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Jan 23, 2018.

1. vague and Slice of Life like this.
  2. He

He

May I direct you to the lavish amazingness that is Queen-ris’s instagram?

vague, Aries, Gintoki and 10 others like this.
  3. OTHER VOTES

ONCE
    (Twice fans)

VOTERS:
    @BEST FICTION
    @Cotton Park

﹌﹌﹌

LOOΠΔ FANS

VOTERS:
    @Sanctuary

﹌﹌﹌

LIPBALMS
    (Kimberly Lippington fans)

VOTERS:
    @Squashua

﹌﹌﹌

LIGHTS
    (HIGHLIGHT fans)

VOTERS:
    @eliminathan

eliminathan: Lights for supporting their redebuting flop zaddies Highlight

﹌﹌﹌

SHAWOLS
    (SHINee fans)

VOTERS:
    @eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply: Shawols for going through the most absolute hell

vague, Aries, Sanctuary and 10 others like this.
  4. He

He

The Toronto mess from ARMY!!

How are they so incredibly ridiculous and scary? Not wanting other kpop acts to have exposure because BTS did it first?

What the actual fuck is wrong with them? Disgusting children.

vague, Aries, send photo and 3 others like this.
  5. Iconique vote, unnie.

vague, Aries, junglefish and 6 others like this.
  6. Sorry Jinyoung zaddy but Ahgase are boring

Sanctuary, Serg. and Slice of Life like this.
  7. I should've voted for Missterrians, the loyal stans of DJ Hyo.

vague, Aries, Monkey0 and 8 others like this.
  8. Just say @ohnostalgia.

vague, Aries, ThighHighs and 9 others like this.
  9. vague, Aries, ThighHighs and 6 others like this.
  10. #NeverForget

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

vague, Aries, ThighHighs and 10 others like this.
  11. [​IMG]

vague, Aries, Serg. and 8 others like this.
  12. [​IMG]

We are down to our last three awards - our Daesangs, if you will. Let's start the show with...

〄〄〄OPPA OF THE YEAR〄〄〄

The nominees are...

[​IMG]

Lee Donghun of A.C.E (Braces Oppa)
    Park Bogum (Shaman Oppa)
    BTS
    Jang Moonbok
    Big Marvel (Chicken Toy Oppa)

5TH PLACE

[​IMG]

JANG MOONBOK

VOTERS:
    @Cotton Park

Slice of Life: I have such a soft spot for this oppa. He is the very definition of inspirational. I'll just post this Reddit comment explaining Moonbok's story:

Korean men promised (at least on the Internet) that they would ensure that Moonbok will make it to the final group. Well, since men are always a disappointment, they abandoned Moonbok by not voting for him religiously and he got eliminated from the show. It would've been such a scream if he made the final group. He isn't crazy talented by any means. And his looks are not your typical Korean flower boy look. It would've been such a statement. Oh well, at least Moonbokie still gets jobs here and there. SUPPORT HIS MUSIC TOO!

2ND PLACE
    THREE WAY TIE

[​IMG]

BTS

VOTERS:
    @Salami
    @ryjm
    @BEST FICTION
    @Island

Slice of Life: Okay, okay. Some of y'all side-eyed me when I nominated the guys of BTS for this award. But let me defend these guys' very deserved nomination. BTS are not from a big entertainment company. These guys aren't from the Big 3 - not even from slightly bigger agencies like Cube, Pledis, DSP, etc. And yet look at them now. They are probably the strongest K-Pop act that could make it in the West post-Psy. How did they do it? I would like to say through talent and charisma and hardwork and these are all true. The boys are supremely talented and they worked their asses off to get where they are now. But I'd also like to highlight their very strong social media game. Like, have you seen the amount of content these guys release??? The BTS Bomb videos, their V Lives, their very active Twitter account. These guys and their company know fanservice and it isn't a shock that they have captured fangirls' hearts through the sheer amount of content that they put out. And the way they handled the Western media's fascination and attention is really admirable as well. From the countless big-time performances (late night shows, award shows) to savvy collaborations (...The Chainsmokers... a choice but a necessary one, I suppose) to the fascinating interviews. They really handled everything well. And to see them achieve great things really makes me proud of them even if I don't consider myself a stan. Now can we get amazing music as well, kids? Please.

[​IMG]

PARK BOGUM (SHAMAN OPPA)

VOTERS:
    @ThighHighs
    @ryan_riot92
    @Gintoki
    @eccentricsimply

Slice of Life: DDDDDDDDD HJALP. This nomination was honestly just me being cheeky. But y'all really rallied for this Oppa. As you all know, Shaman Unnie is iconic and all that. So I wanted to introduce a new shamanic character. And that character is Park Bogum aka Shaman Oppa. Park Bogum is said to be a member of a Korean cult. AND HIS RELIGION IS CONNECTED TO SHAMAN UNNIE. He is yet to really speak up about his religion but I just have a feeling that one day, he will snap. Kii. I actually really like the guy (minus the cult part, of course). I think he's a really great actor.

[​IMG]

LEE DONGHUN OF A.C.E (BRACES OPPA)

VOTERS:
    @Sanctuary
    @Serg.
    @Slice of Life
    @Monkey0

Monkey0: A Warrior we don’t deserve but need. He will end evil reign of Yang Hyun Suk!

Slice of Life: YATHHHHH DAD. Donghun or Braces Oppa is an iconic member of the iconic group A.C.E. And he absolutely murdered Yang Hyun Suk when the rat came for A.C.E's gig of wearing short shorts.

Anyone who dares to talk back to YG will always be a hero. YATH AVENGE MY 2NE1 GIRLS! MY BLACKPINK GIRLS! MY DAUGHTER LEE HI! DRAG HIM. SL&Y HIM! ETC.

vague, Gintoki, Aries and 8 others like this.
  13. And the GRAMAMA Award for...

〄〄〄OPPA OF THE YEAR〄〄〄

goes to...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BIG MARVEL (CHICKEN TOY OPPA)

VOTERS:
    @PopZeitgeist
    @Ceir
    @He
    @junglefish
    @GeiPanda
    @Kuhleezi
    @Squashua
    @karmarisma
    @Aries
    @SloMover

DDDDDDDDDDDDDD WHAT KIND OF LANDSLIDE VICTORY??? AND HE WASN'T EVEN IN MY INITIAL NOMINEES LIST! I CAN'T.

Big Marvel oppa is a YouTube content creator and yeah, he makes weird videos that often involves a chicken toy that emits the funniest sound. Said chicken toy is even used for very serious song covers. Name the song and Chicken Toy oppa probably already covered it. I think the funniest part of his videos is his unwavering poker face. Like, he literally doesn't have a reaction when he does these weird videos. How he manages to not laugh and not get embarrassed while shooting these videos (sometimes even in public) is talent and honestly, God bless him. God bless him so, so much.

He: Pure talent in that deadpan delivery. Also, vocals!

SloMover: I mean, he managed to improve Havana by giving it a not annoying vocal. Canola, heaux?

Congratulations, Big Marvel (Chicken Toy Oppa)! Please accept your GRAMAMA statuette!

[​IMG]

vague, Aries, Island and 10 others like this.
  14. OTHER VOTES

JINYOUNG OF GOT7

VOTERS:
    @eliminathan

vague, Aries, send photo and 7 others like this.
  15. [​IMG]

vague, Aries, Island and 9 others like this.
  16. I don't know how I missed those chicken toy's covers until now if they were so popular here but Likey's cover is AMAZING and Havana is better than Camila's version.

vague, Aries, Sanctuary and 4 others like this.
  17. Our second Daesang is...

〄〄〄UNNIE OF THE YEAR〄〄〄

And the nominees are...

[​IMG]

Sulli
    Amber
    JooE
    IU
    Rachel Platten

5TH PLACE

[​IMG]

AMBER (OF f(x))

VOTERS:

[​IMG]

Slice of Life: This is why you, @ohnostalgia unnie, should've voted. Kii. Oh well. Amber became a hot topic in the subforum when she called out SM Entertainment's apparent lack of support for her solo career. Some of y'all sympathized with her and some of y'all thought she's just being dramatic. Either way, the unnie generated buzz so she deserved this nomination. Also, the good unnie got BBC coverage so that's something too.

4TH PLACE

[​IMG]

RACHEL PLATTEN

VOTERS:
    @Salami

Salami: I don’t know why Rachel Platten is here but I just googled her so I’ll go with her (SOL: Scream! What did you find out?)

Slice of Life: An iconic unnie! No this isn't a pity nomination. She has every right to stand next to the other nominees. She allegedly sat on Rap Monster's lap during the American Music Awards.

[​IMG]

And because BTS stans are so chill, they of course attacked the poor unnie. I remember me and my cyst @junglefish fighting against BTS stans on Rachel unnie's Instagram post ddddddddd. Too bad she disabled the comments on it now.

3RD PLACE

[​IMG]

IU

VOTERS:
    @ryjm
    @Ceir
    @GeiPanda
    @Kuhleezi
    @Island

Slice of Life: Iconic Kween of Korea! IU's career has always fascinated me and even if I hated her music (which I don't), I'd still stan. From her humble beginnings as a guitar-donning chanteuse to her rise to fame due to Good Day and it's life-threatening three-octave high note (or whatever it's called) to her ICONIC SCANDAL involving a Super Junior member to her ANOTHER CRAZY BUT STILL ICONIC LOLITA SCANDAL to her often-panned acting which is weird because I always thought she was a competent actress... she has survived them all. And come 2017 where she notched four (!!!) Gaon number 1 singles. How she managed to survive all of these despite being a female is inspirational. A true Talent Always Wins tea. I am so ready for her next step.

2ND PLACE

[​IMG]

SULLI

VOTERS:
    @Serg.
    @BEST FICTION
    @Slice of Life
    @Monkey0
    @eccentricsimply
    @Cotton Park

Serg.: Trendsetter Taste maker. Home maker. Cake baker. Home wrecker. Heart breaker. King maker. Money maker.

BEST FICTION: tits out for the boys! (SOL: Oh wow, so you did submit commentary dddddd. Sorry unnie. I'll add your commentary points in the next Mix Produce Uni+ episode xoxo.)

Monkey0: Stay crazy attention-seeker sis!

eccentricsimply: I was going to vote for JooE but like Sulli was iconic just by breathing

Slice of Life: Sullegend finished third last year. And now she's second place. Will she finally win next time around (assuming she's still gonna get nominated dddd)? Only time will tell. But yes, I voted for Sulli because ugh, she's such goals to be honest. Her ability to make K-netizens foam at their mouths just because of a cheeky Instagram post should be considered talent. And to think she's still causing so much tears despite already breaking up with her beau, the equally iconic Choiza. Some people thought SM Entertainment was crazy for still re-signing with her but honestly, they can choke. Sulli still gets magazine covers. Sulli still gets endorsements. Sulli still gets acting gigs (remember that iconic movie with Kim Soohyun??? AMAZING!). I stan Sullegend. I stan her so much.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    vague, Aries, Vixen and 9 others like this.
  18. Me checking if I actually voted for a nominee instead of doing my own bullshit:

[​IMG]

vague, Aries, RUNAWAY and 2 others like this.
  19. And the GRAMAMA Award for...

〄〄〄UNNIE OF THE YEAR〄〄〄

goes to...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JOOE OF MOMOLAND

VOTERS:
    @Sanctuary
    @Alouder98
    @PopZeitgeist
    @send photo
    @ThighHighs
    @He
    @ryan_riot92
    @junglefish
    @Squashua
    @karmarisma
    @Gintoki
    @Aries
    @SloMover

When I decided to include JooE as a nominee, I knew she would win. And win, she did. A well-deserved win for the HBIC of Momoland.

JooE's journey towards fame is pretty interesting. Unlike Hani of EXID, she didn't go viral because Koreans were fapping to her fancam mesmerized by her beauty and sexy dancing skills. JooE went viral because she danced like no one's looking!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

But more than that, she successfully pushed Momoland out of nugudom which is no easy task. For every Hani, there's a Cao Lu who failed to bring attention to Fiestar. So seeing JooE help her Momoland sisters to achieve success is really astonishing. Tropicana Sparkling unnie did thaT. I hope she (and Momoland) gets more CFs. And I'm gonna need a sequel to Bboom Bboom asap. Thank you.

send photo: I threw my neck out for u queen

He: Ms Tropicana got her CF and ran with it, bringing memes and several music show wins! Also, she’s really amazing, queen of masked singer, queen of dance practice videos, queen of tommy hip sweaters…

ryan_riot92: tropicanaaAAA SPARKLING!

SloMover: Have you ever seen anything as pure as her now iconic meme dance? Queen.

Congratulations, JooE! Please accept your GRAMAMA statuette!

[​IMG]

vague, Aries, PopZeitgeist and 13 others like this.

20. OTHER VOTES

MINA OF TWICE

VOTERS:
    @eliminathan

vague, Aries, send photo and 6 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.