K-Popjustice Charts - January 2018 Edition + 2nd GRAMAMA Awards - COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts - January 2018 Edition + 2nd GRAMAMA Awards - COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Jan 23, 2018.

1. He

He

Poor baby Holland, I should have thrown some points his way.

I haven’t listened to that Hani / Solji song, what a flop.

Aries, Serg., Sanctuary and 1 other person like this.
  2. Everyone who didn't vote for Hollegend is no longer LGBT.

3. He

He

It's ok, I'll vote his duet with Go Won next month.

vague, Island, Aries and 4 others like this.
  4. Holland, great lgbt legend, beautiful lgbt legend. But his song was shit.

vague, Aries, Lego and 4 others like this.
  5. Suddenly....
    [​IMG]

vague, Ceir, Island and 14 others like this.
  6. It’s not the best video chart. Page me when we get a better song.

vague, Island, Aries and 4 others like this.
  7. And better vocals ddd.

vague, Aries, Slice of Life and 2 others like this.
  8. DDD.mp3 sorry for the delay, unnies. Just got flooded with ~personal~ issues. Plus I struggled with the graphics for our songs dddddd. Anyway...

❈❈❈MAIN CHART❈❈❈
    ALBUMS

[​IMG]

FACES OF LOVE
    Suzy
    JYP Entertainment

12 points

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 10
    Months on Chart: 1

VOTERS:
    3 - @Gintoki, @Aries
    2 - @Alouder98, @BEST FICTION, @eliminathan

Kween of Korea Bae Suzy graces our album chart once again with her second mini album, Faces of Love.

I'm not gonna lie. I have zero desire to listen to this. I stanned her first mini album last year and I was so looking forward to be sl&yed by her 'decent' vocals once again... but the singles off Faces of Love just don't excite me. As I have said before, if I don't enjoy the single, I'd probably not check out the album. Kii.

Maybe one day I'll get over the beigeness of Faces of Love's singles and listen to this. we_just_dont_know.gif

YOUR COMMENTS!

eliminathan: I couldn't fit ha ballad in the singles so I'll give ha a low spot in the albums even though I've only heard the beautiful track 1 ballad and nothing else. (SOL: ddddddddd a mess.)

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

THE HOTTEST
    N.Flying
    FNC Entertainment

13 points

Peak Position: 9

VOTERS:
    5 - @BEST FICTION, @junglefish
    3 - @Squashua

I think this is the first time N.Flying bothered our album chart? Congrats on your KPJC Album Chart debut, oppars.

The Hottest is the group's third mini album and it... uh... didn't do that well in the Gaon Album Chart peaking at a dismal 24th position. Well, at least the album reached 9th place on KPJC, the more important chart so...

I haven't listened to this yet but I'm tempted to since I trust the taste of our 3 voters. Well, not really @junglefish unnie's taste but whatever. xoxo

vague, Ceir, karmarisma and 13 others like this.
  9. I can't believe I forgot to vote for the N.Flying album! I was padding my scores with albums I don't even really care about to give Momoland their flowers and should have put in N.Flying!

10. I downloaded the N.Flying album and even listened to it, but I really can't recall it ddd.

vague, Serg., karmarisma and 3 others like this.
  11. Let's continue.

[​IMG]

TOP SEED
    Infinite
    Woollim Entertainment

13 points

Peak Position: 8

VOTERS:
    5 - @Ceir
    4 - @Squashua
    3 - @Monkey0
    1 - @Sanctuary

Oops, I fucked up a bit. Despite listening to and enjoying this, I forgot to vote for it. Keke. I'm sorry, my OG babies, Infinite.

Top Seed is the third full album of Infinite and their first after member Hoya left the group to pursue a solo career. Hoya was one of my Infinite faves (thanks to his iconic role in the drama Reply 1997) so I'm a bit sad to see him go. Best of luck though, oppar!

I think my early favourite tracks are Synchronise (that euphoric chorus), TGIF (doesn't sound like it belongs to the same album but I love it anyway) and Break (summer, Seventeen feels~). I even like the slow songs. Talent. I might have to renew my Infinite stan card after all.

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

Ashmute
    Mirrorball Music

16 points

Peak Position: 7

VOTERS:
    5 - @ryan_riot92
    4 - @Kuhleezi, @ohnostalgia
    3 - @Serg.

And the highest ranking indie album this edition belongs to Ashmute.

01 is the first mini album of Ashmute. I really don't have any important thing to say here because - spoiler alert - I haven't listened to this. I'm just gonna link this pretty swell review from Korean Indie.

Your comments!

ryan_riot92: Absolutely hands down my number one album this month. Each track is such an experience to witness.

vague, Ceir, Aries and 9 others like this.
  12. He

He

Top Seed is such a choice of a name.

vague, Ceir, karmarisma and 10 others like this.
  13. 6

[​IMG]

COUNTDOWN
    EXO
    SM Entertainment

17 points

Peak Position: 6

VOTERS:
    5 - @Serg.
    4 - @ryjm, @Monkey0, @eccentricsimply

Oh wow. I didn't even know EXO have a new (Japanese) album. A mess.

And apparently this is just their first Japanese album? Why am I only learning this stuff? I thought this was their 3rd or 4th already dddd.

Anyway, Countdown is the first Japanese album of EXO. The album contains their previous Japanese singles and four new songs. And because they are EXO, of course this sold a shit ton amount of copies. We love consistency!

I'm actually excited to listen to this after quietly liking some of EXO's releases last year.

Your comments!

ryjm: Bops for days. Perfect party pre-drink playlist.

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

SECRET GARDEN
    Oh My Girl
    WM Entertainment

24 points

Peak Position: 5

VOTERS:
    5 - @Squashua
    4 - @ThighHighs, @junglefish
    3 - @Kuhleezi, @Slice of Life
    2 - @GeiPanda
    1 - @BEST FICTION, @SophiaSophia, @digitalkaiser

FINALLY. Talent has arrived.

After only bothering the Bubbling Under Chart with their previous albums, Pink Ocean and Coloring Book, Oh My Girl finally lands on the Main Chart with Secret Garden. And straight to the top 5 at that. Talent.

Secret Garden is Oh My Girl's sixth (already???) mini album. It peaked at number 4 on the Gaon Album Chart and on its way to outsell their previous mini album, Coloring Book. Yath, destroy that abomination (even though I still stan it dddd).

Honestly speaking, I don't really find this all that. It's cute and all but it's not Closer or Windy Day level of amazing. My favourite album track is actually Magic. It sounds mature but still very Oh My Girl. Although I kinda stan the tackiness of Sixteen too ddddddd.

Your comments!

ThighHighs: Love O'Clock is such a bop!

vague, Ceir, Aries and 12 others like this.
  14. Oh man I took Electric Kiss off of my singles because it didn't fit and I forgot to add this to my albums. I'm an EXO anti now.

vague, karmarisma, Ceir and 4 others like this.
  15. Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  16. Dddddddd sorry but I can't post any result tonight, unnies. My body is basically begging me to sleep right now ddddd. I promise I'll post something tomorrow. Goodnight xoxo

[​IMG]

17. 4

[​IMG]

GREAT!
    Momoland
    Dublekick Company

26 points

Peak Position: 4

VOTERS:
    5 - @ThighHighs
    3 - @PopZeitgeist, @send photo, @He
    2 - @SophiaSophia, @digitalkaiser, @Squashua, @Aries, @eccentricsimply
    1 - @ryjm, @GeiPanda

New Icons of Sajaegi (Laboum who?), Momoland, make their debut on our album chart! Congrats, gorls!

Momoland is back with their mini album, the confidently titled Great! In a surprising turn of events, I have actually already listened to this ddddd. I just didn't listen to it that much and that's why it didn't appear in my ballot.

Listening to it now again though, there's a lot to enjoy here. Curious is that positive vibe bop that K-Pop is so good at doing. Fly's production is so pretty and reminds me a bit of some of Oh My Girl's b-sides. Same Same is okay, I guess. Keke.

Your comments!

ryjm: You are indeed correct Momoland. Bravo. (SOL: Welcome to the KPJC family, unnie! <3)

ThighHighs: Same Same is such a bop! (SOL: dddd oop.)

vague, Ceir, eccentricsimply and 11 others like this.
  18. 3

[​IMG]

OFFSET
    Chungha
    MNH Entertainment

29 points

Peak Position: 3

VOTERS:
    5 - @Island
    4 - @BEST FICTION
    3 - @Sanctuary
    2 - @ryjm, @He, @junglefish, @Slice of Life, @Gintoki, @ohnostalgia, @R92
    1 - @RUNAWAY, @Serg., @eccentricsimply

The future of K-Pop female soloists, Chungha, also debuts on our album chart! We love talent!

Offset is the second mini album of Chungha after last year's Hands on Me. The mini album contains four songs and an intro. And honestly, I stan.

Offset sees Chungha flex her vocals more - and this time, with only minimal straining kekeke. Chungha's vocals especially shine on Do It and its shouty chorus. Go off, unnie! Bad Boy reminds me of Taetiseo which may or may not be a good thing xoxo. Remind of You is the token ballad that we're all used to in K-Pop albums.

Your comments!

ryjm: Nothing off about this. Chun Ha is ON IT.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    vague, Ceir, Sanctuary and 13 others like this.
  19. QUEEN!

Kuhleezi, karmarisma, Serg. and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.