K-Popjustice Charts | January 2019 Edition | NO.1 SONG REVEALED | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts | January 2019 Edition | NO.1 SONG REVEALED

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Jan 21, 2019.

1. 《BUBBLING UNDER CHART》
    ALBUMS

[​IMG]

LONELY NIGHT
    KNK
    220 Entertainment

12 points

Voters:
    7 - @BEST FICTION
    5 - @Coming Century

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

REBOOT
    Wonder Girls
    JYP Entertainment

13 points

Voters:
    7 - @Island
    6 - @eliminathan

eliminathan: Honestly I haven't listened to many albums outside of No.1 so this is my safe bet bop album, and no points for Seventeen.

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

BLACK DRESS
    CLC
    Cube Entertainment

14 points

Voters:
    7 - @PopZeitgeist, @eliminathan

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

WATCH OUT
    NeonPunch
    A100 Entertainment

16 points

Voters:
    8 - @Cotton Park, @thommyh

Cotton Park: By the way, the short little intro at the beginning is really good.

thommyh: Not them having a song called "Like It" too on here nn. These poor girls.. CLC just obliterated them...

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

TIME FOR THE MOON NIGHT
    GFriend
    Source Music

17 points

Voters:
    9 - @junglefish
    8 - @Artemisia

2. Oh, I didn't know we could vote for releases from outside the month. I definitely would've voted for more albums then.

evilsin, ohnostalgia, vague and 8 others like this.
  3. Now I feel bad for not including old GFRIEND albums in my album chart even though I've been hammering them lately.

4. DDD, @Slice of Life watching the conversation in the thread suddenly pick up and being ready to jump on the next page bump. We stan a professional.

5. Kii at Reboot resurfacing every month to remind us all how much of timeless masterpiece it is.

6. 《BUBBLING UNDER CHART》
    SONGS

[​IMG]

ROOFTOP
    N.Flying
    from the Fly High Project #2 Rooftop single album
    FNC Entertainment

16 points

Voters:
    6 - @Remorque
    4 - @Lego
    3 - @Sanctuary
    2 - @OspreyQueen
    1 - @eliminathan

This is... stunning. I don't even know why I stopped checking out N.Flying's releases despite enjoying last year's How R U Today. I will definitely start following them again. Seunghyub is still that oppa

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

LONELY NIGHT
    KNK
    from the Lonely Night single album
    220 Entertainment

17 points

Voters:
    7 - @eliminathan
    5 - @Coming Century, @BEST FICTION

This isn't bad. It's actually really decent. But compared to the other January boy group releases, this just didn't cut it. Please come back with a more mature image!

eliminathan: Honestly a weaker comeback of theirs but I'll be damned if I don't support my KINGS who left their label and lost their most talented member and are still doing the damn thing. You'll get your first win soon kings.

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

MEMORIA
    GFriend
    from the Time for Us album
    Source Music

21 points

Voters:
    8 - @ryan_riot92
    7 - @Love Deluxe
    6 - @junglefish

ICONIQUE SONG IN JAPANESE. ICONIQUE SONG IN KOREAN.

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

LIKE IT
    CLC
    from the No.1 mini album
    Cube Entertainment

23 points

Voters:
    7 - @Twinkle, @thommyh
    6 - @Apricot
    2 - @PopZeitgeist
    1 - @RUNAWAY

DDDDDD I swear to Shaman Unnie, they have, like, fifteen songs with "like" in the title. No complaints though. Like It is the bomb.

thommyh: Another entry in their "Like" songs. Likey Likey by TWICE found shaking!

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

YOU ARE NOT ALONE
    GFriend
    from the Time for Us album
    Source Music

25 points

Voters:
    7 - @Artemisia, @junglefish
    4 - @vague, @ThighHighs
    3 - @codecat

YATH ABSOLUTELY ONE OF THE MANY HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ALBUM. I'm sad that didn't do better though. Spoiler alert: aside from the single, this is the only song from the album that charted this month.

ThighHighs: The bloopy, spacey opening leading into the production fully crashing in gave me a MOMENT the first time I heard this. It's a great little ditty and one of their best album track moments. Maybe a little cheesy, but it makes me happy to hear so let me LIIVE.

7. JSJDUSOSIS I SWEAR I WASN'T AWARE OF THE CONVERSATION HAPPENING. But thanks nonetheless. x

Now enjoy these results as I now go and eliminate another song in the #KSOTY2018 Rate.

[​IMG]

8. I suddenly regret not dropping all those songs I was planning to drop to vote for 5 CLC songs.

All of these songs are BRILLIANT. One of the best CLC b-sides which is all bops, the best GFRIEND b-side for this comeback, the best GFRIEND song of last year, and my new best buddy zaddies KNK and N.Flying all together. I absolutely didn't expect N.Flying to get any other votes so I just threw ha a 1 but a stanning was had by the sistren and I didn't even know. I promise to come back with a more in-the-know image and vote for all the songs I should have.

9. DDDDD I'M SO SORRY, UNNIE. I'm probably gonna need to update the rules section.

10. Don’t worry unnie, I voted for all the CLC tracks bar Like It (even though I love it). The Stan jumped out.
    [​IMG]

11. Praying for WJSN

[​IMG]

12. He

He

I should’ve voted for the masterpiece that is I Need U.

13. [​IMG]

I really need to start voting for albums, fuck.

14. Miss opportunities.... sigh.
    I should have made it #1. I can't live without it.

15. 《MAIN CHART》
    ALBUMS

[​IMG]

WARNING
    Sunmi
    Make Us Entertainment

18 points

Last Month's Position: 7
    Peak Position: 1
    Months on Chart: 5

Voters:
    7 - @Love Deluxe
    6 - @Island
    5 - @Oleander

Sunmi's second mini album, Warning, clings for dear life and spends another month on our charts. That's five months now. An actual icon.

Warning was one of the very best albums of last year and I am so glad it still receives immense support from the KPJ unnies. Except from Sunmi's number 1 stan, @BEST FICTION unnie. What's good??? Where are the points???

Love you.

16. 14

[​IMG]

FACE
    Key
    SM Entertainment

20 points

Last Month's Position: 4
    Peak Position: 3
    Months on Chart: 3

Voters:
    9 - @He
    6 - @Love Deluxe
    5 - @vague

Just like Sunmi, Key also spends another month on our album chart with his excellent first album, Face.

Key is now scheduled to enter the Korean military and ughhhh, I'm sad. But before he does, he will release a repackage version of Face so at least he'll leave us with something. I'm so excited. I just know he's gonna serve excellence again.

Come back safe from the military, oppa! See you in two years.

17. The first new album to chart this edition of the KPJC is...

[​IMG]

EVEN SO
    Luna
    SM Entertainment

22 points

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 13
    Months on Chart: 1

Voters:
    8 - @enjoy v2.0
    6 - @He, @Oleander
    2 - @Slice of Life

Yes, this was eligible for the charts ddddd. And yes, I know why most of y'all didn't vote for this ddddd.

Luna is back on our album chart since forever with her first single album (I believe?), Even So. It contains three tracks: the title track, Even So, Do You Love Me (feat. George), and Bye Bye. Luna co-wrote all the songs. TALENT, etc.

And you know what, I actually really enjoyed this. I literally had zero expectations when I listened to it. I was already dreading listening to ballads and shit. And yes, even though all three tracks are not bangers, there's actually a lot to enjoy here. Second track, Do You Love Me, which features a male artist named George is gorgeous. Ugh, the silky smoothness is everything. I have no idea who George oppa is but I'm stanning his voice which perfectly complements Luna's. Bye Bye is also really cute??? It's very track 7 of an IU album.

I think I have accepted that Luna will never return to her Free Somebody days. And yes, that shit still hurts but we have to accept things, unnies. We have to let go! While the Free Somebody shits all over Even So, I cannot deny the charms of the latter.

I'm shook at all the songs having music videos??????? Where did the budget come from???

18. Ok but Luna’s mini was gorgeous. I think we served taste and intellectualism with our votes.

Oleander, vague, He and 3 others like this.
  19. 12

[​IMG]

LET'S PLAY CHERRY BULLET
    Cherry Bullet
    FNC Entertainment

31 points

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 12
    Months on Chart: 1

Voters:
    7 - @enjoy v2.0
    6 - @Serg., @Empty Shoebox
    4 - @OspreyQueen
    3 - @vague, @Reboot
    1 - @ryjm, @Slice of Life

A respectable rank for a debut! Cherry Bullet, FNC Entertainment's second girl group, debut on our album chart with their first single album, Let's Play Cherry Bullet.

The album contains three songs: the single, Q&A, Violet, and Stick Out. The album sold 6,736 copies according to Wikipedia which is okay for any other rookie girl group but Cherry Bullet aren't just any other rookie girl group. They are AOA's successors! And they were promoted really hard by FNC Entertainment. Oh well, it's too early to worry for them, I think.

To be honest, I just needed one more album to fill my ballot and since I listened to this album once, I just decided to give it 1 point. No shade though because I think this album is decent. Second track, Violet, is an excellent ballad (?). It's not a boring ballad, I swear. It reminds me of early Girls' Generation album tracks. Stick Out is that messy bawp. It has a Twice album track quality to it. I think it works well as a b-side to Q&A but compared to the latter, it doesn't stack up.

Overall, Let's Play Cherry Bullet is a cute if a bit forgettable affair. Can't wait for a more exciting release for their comeback.

ryjm: An adequate debut single album, nothing quite matches the quality of Q&A yet nothing is outright awful. Curious to hear more.

20. Well we’ve gone three years without a new title track, so makes sense they’d have enough money earmarked.

Vixen, codecat and Slice of Life like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.