K-Popjustice Charts | July 2019 Edition | COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts | July 2019 Edition | COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Jul 24, 2019.

1. I COMPLETELY forgot to add Sulli to my rate! Oops. Glad to see she charted anyway...

That GOT7 album art is aggressively simple.

2. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

Nn they only needed a couple of points to get into the top 20 too

baby_im_fool.jpg

3. CIX isn’t going to chart at all, r they?
    I am... genuinely sad about that tbh tbh

4. I gave them points xoxo

vague, ysev and Slice of Life like this.
  5. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

I gave them...a handful of points too.

vague, ysev and Slice of Life like this.
  6. Oh wow... suddenly I have two new ultimate biases!!!
    [​IMG]
    That means both the single and the EP entered the main charts!!!!1!!111!!

Wills, Kuhleezi, vague and 4 others like this.
  7. Depending on the amount of points of given, it still could have missed the bubbling charts to be honest dddd

Kuhleezi, vague, nikkysan and 3 others like this.
  8. They got a fair amount of points from me too!
    [​IMG]

Kuhleezi, ysev, vague and 2 others like this.
  9. WAIT at this being an amazing album. Pleasantly shook.

[​IMG]

vague, Oleander, ThighHighs and 2 others like this.
  10. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

《MAIN CHART》
    ALBUMS

[​IMG]

OO DA DA
    Sumin
    Mother Media

35 points

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 15
    Months on Chart: 1

Voters:
    10 - @Island, @ryjm
    9 - @Cotton Park
    6 - @ysev

We start our main chart with an entry from the K-Indiejustice crowd. This is Sumin's OO DA DA.

To be honest, this is my first listening to Sumin. And I kinda struggled when I was Googling her ddddd. So apologies for my very limited knowledge about the good unnie.

As a first time listener, I think what really caught my attention was the production. It's very... loud and busy. As @ryjm puts it, this is PC music meets K-Pop. The first two songs, Shaker and Meow, are bops of the highest order. Shaker is a great opening song too.

The third song, Love Dance, is my absolute favourite though. It's decidedly more chill than the two prior songs but it doesn't make it any less stellar. But for the fourth song, Bee, Sumin unnie is back with her booming sound. It's a rather short track (only 2:33 minutes) but it does so much in that period.

The next song, Pocket, sees Sumin almost rapping. I love her delivery of the song here. And for the last track, Stardust, Sumin dials things back yet again and delivers her version of... a ballad??? I love it. The production is as sharp as usual but there's a certain softness to the song that is absent in most of the album's other tracks.

But despite the focus on production, I will say that Sumin's voice never sounds secondary. Unnie can sang and her vocals shine through the busiest of productions. Talent! I will definitely return to this album because I loved everything I heard. A stanning today.

ryjm: The Charli XCX of KPOP. This is the PC Music x KPOP mashup I’ve been craving. A titillating collection of insanely bonkers and experimental songs. The mini boasts an eclectic range of soundscapes, from the literal purr of the bass in Meow to the aggressive buzzing synths in Bee, Sumin has delivered a finely crafted collection of adventurous and conceptual tracks. The video released alongside this mini is nothing short of incredible, acting as a form of extended album sampler with some seriously gorgeous cinematography. The whole package is a visceral sensory overload and I fucking love it.

Cotton Park: She's a gift from God. My favorite indie artist by far right now.

Wills, Rem, Sanctuary and 24 others like this.
  11. Slice of Life

[​IMG]

WHAT A LIFE
    EXO-SC
    SM Entertainment

39 points

Peak Position: 14

Voters:
    10 - @RUNAWAY
    8 - @eccentricsimply
    7 - @BEST FICTION
    6 - @Serg.
    3 - @ryjm, @Oleander
    2 - @Slice of Life

They may have flopped on our song chart but not on our album chart. EXO-SC's debut mini album, What a Life, charts at number 14. Big congrats!

When this subunit was first announced, I was like, "meh." Chanyeol and Sehun aren't exactly the most talented EXO members so what was there to be excited about? Sehun's visuals, that's what. Kekeke.

So when I listened to What a Life, I was actually pleasantly surprised. It helped that I have zero expectations for this album ddddd but I kinda enjoyed listening to it? It's full of mindless bops and sometimes, that's just what one needs.

The album features three singles and the one is Closer to You. Why wasn't this chosen as the main single??? This is a perfect summer chill anthem. Thankfully, it got a music video where Sehun blesses us with his iconique visuals. Did I mention I love Sehun's visuals? Because I love Sehun's visuals. The song utilized Chanyeol and Sehun's rapping really well. And I love that it isn't as cringey as What a Life.

Elsewhere, I also really dig Borderline. It's another perfect summer song. The island music vibe is strong here. The rather simple chorus works too. The ending song, Daydreamin', is another surprisingly solid effort from this duo. It's the type of song I imagine one will play after a busy day. It's rather relaxing.

If you compare EXO-SC's album to EXO's or even EXO-CBX's, of course it won't stack up. But taken on its own, it's good enough. Great at times, even. She's a cute girl.

ryjm: I mean this is no CBX is it? I’m struggling to identify what SC’s sound is. While CBX had a very clear distinction from the main group, the only distinguishable quality I can find about SC is that it’s all slightly underwhelming. With that said, I’m still an SM whore and I do enjoy this. The album is pretty chill and carefree but it’s just a shame they didn’t deliver something as remarkable as their associated groups.

Wills, Rem, Sanctuary and 22 others like this.
  12. Slice of Life

[​IMG]

SUM(ME:R)
    Pentagon
    Cube Entertainment

41 points

Peak Position: 13

Voters:
    10 - @Sanctuary
    7 - @Serg.
    6 - @eliminathan, @BEST FICTION
    4 - @FunkyButChic, @Coming Century, @Slice of Life

Pentagon are back with their ninth mini album, the annoyingly titled SUM(ME:R). What's with Cube Entertainment's obsession with parentheses and unnecessary symbols??? Make it make sense.

Thankfully and unlike the album title, SUM(ME:R) is great! The album consists of just four songs which is kinda... not great dddd. Giriboy produced two songs here, Humph! and Fantasystic. The other two songs are Summer! and Round 2 (which is a bonus track for some reason???)

Of the two Giriboy songs, it's Fantasystic that I love. God, what a missed single opportunity. I don't hate Humph! like most of y'all but Fantasystic is definitely the better of the two. Third track, Summer!, is kinda emotional-sounding for a summer song??? Weird but I like it.

Round 2, the last song, is MY FAVE. It's the type of song that only Pentagon can do. There is screamo, ASMR... it's a mess. I love the skit nature of the song and it showcases the cute charms of Pentagon.

SUM(ME:R) is far from Pentagon's best but I still enjoyed it. I just wish it was longer.

eliminathan: The title track is a wet shart so I'll give them my points here so as to not show public support for....that.

Wills, Rem, Sanctuary and 21 others like this.
  13. Slice of Life

Last result for tonight because I'm sleepy as fuck ddddd.

[​IMG]

FLOURISHING
    Chungha
    MNH Entertainment

44 points

Last Month's Position: 2
    Peak Position: 2
    Months on Chart: 2

Voters:
    9 - @He
    7 - @Love Deluxe
    6 - @ThighHighs, @Deja-Boo
    5 - @Sanctuary
    4 - @vague, @savilizabeths
    3 - @RUNAWAY

Chungha's latest mini album, Flourishing, spends another month in the top 15! KWEEN!

I still very much use Flourishing. And in addition to Snapping, I also still listen to Chica regularly. I'm so glad Chungha decided to promote this song on music shows too. We love an empowering anthem!

ThighHighs: Chica is still THAT. GIRL.

Wills, Sanctuary, Kuhleezi and 20 others like this.
  14. And here is the dance practice so you can enjoy Hongseok's visuals at 2:16.

Wills, Sanctuary, Rem and 5 others like this.
  15. Omg??? The last track in that video. Amazing.

Wills, ysev, ryjm and 4 others like this.
  16. @ryjm - I'm SO glad you said it because I didn't wanna but... yeah... ikr?

ysev, ryjm, vague and 1 other person like this.
  17. Oh it's already been a year since you gave GFriend album 9 instead of 10 points. Happy Anniversary!!!

18. Slice of Life

Except the good sis didn't give 9 points to GFriend's Sunny Summer mini album. She gave it... zero points. Kii.

Will @Artemisia betray GFriend yet again? Let's find out #soon.

19. GIF OF THE WEEK!

ysev, ryjm, vague and 1 other person like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.