K-Popjustice Charts ♕ July 2020 Edition ♕ Complete Results | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts ♕ July 2020 Edition ♕ Complete Results

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Jul 21, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

I'm surprised this charted into the top 20 actually!! Thank you tasteful unnies... and we WILL see Yukika be into the top 10 of the SOTY2020. Mark my words. I am going to reach out to @codecat to see what plan we can cook up to rig the votes if we need to.

Oleander, Crisp X, vague and 15 others like this.
  2. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

[​IMG]

R.O.S.E BLUE
    Dreamcatcher
    from the R.o.S.E Blue single album
    Dreamcatcher Company

55 points

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 13
    Months on Chart: 1

Voters:
    9 - @Crisp X, @GeiPanda
    7 - @eliminathan
    6 - @Ana Raquel, @Empty Shoebox, @Oleander
    4 - @Remorque
    3 - @Kuhleezi, @Gintoki
    2 - @vague

Dreamcatcher are back with an OST for a mobile game. This is R.o.S.E Blue. That is an interesting way of spelling of rose huh. This was produced by ESTi which I'm guessing is the same ESTi who produced Yukika's Soul Lady? Damn, the range!

I like this. It's not as iconique as Scream for sure but for an OST??? This is extremely praiseworthy. Dreamcatcher are gonna make a comeback this August so they better bring it harder than this though. Kii.

Empty Shoebox: Possibly the first time I haven't been excited by a Dreamcatcher single.

3. Slice of Life

Our highest charting male single is...

[​IMG]

SUMMER BREEZE
    SF9
    from the 9loryUS mini album
    FNC Entertainment

72 points

Peak Position: 12

Voters:
    9 - @Wills, @junkos, @Slice of Life
    8 - @ysev, @ryjm
    7 - @Salami, @Deja-Boo
    6 - @Sanctuary
    4 - @eliminathan
    2 - @Squashua
    1 - @BeingNormal, @soratami, @OspreyQueen

Remember when SF9's Good Guy topped the K-Popjustice Charts last January? Ugh, still iconique. They didn't quite hit that peak with their latest single, Summer Breeze, but that's maybe because the competition is a lot fiercer this time around.

I love this! It's the perfect summer bop without sounding like an obvious summer song dddd. It's really just a huge bop. It's like O Sole Mio without the Latin influences. The music video is a bit too masc for me but that's okay because the boys still served major visuals as per usual.

eliminathan: It reminds me of that Queendom Minstrelmoo song called Destiny. Like why is the title of the song such a huge mouthful that they have to blurt out in two seconds. (SOL: Ffffff the last sentence is tea btw.)

4. Slice of Life

And just missing the top 10 is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WHAT YOU WAITING FOR
    Somi
    from the What You Waiting For single album
    The Black Label

82 points

Peak Position: 11

Voters:
    10 - @Gintoki
    9 - @Ultravioletvvvvv, @Salami, @Serg., @Sanctuary
    6 - @ryjm, @Rem
    5 - @eccentricsimply, @BEST FICTION
    4 - @eatyourself
    3 - @Shockbox, @Island
    2 - @evilsin
    1 - @ysev, @thommyh

So this song...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's alright. It's better than Birthday for sure and I appreciate Somi's improvements. The more I listen to this, the more I like it.

But honestly, I'm never gonna be a fan of her vocals so yeah.

thommyh: Another bop added in the "Waiting For" playlist. (R.Tee x Anda, Z-GIRLS, gwen stefani.. dd) but yeah work. And her saying "ring the alarm" is delicious huntyness stannery.

5. Wait y'all are actually listen to this song ? I thought we were joking :(

[​IMG]

Crisp X, vague, ohnostalgia and 14 others like this.
  6. I got you...we will prevail somehow...we will

[​IMG]

Oleander, Crisp X, vague and 13 others like this.
  7. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

I was hoping Telephone would have out charted 1 Billion Views but it seems it wasn't meant to be....

vague, nikkysan, He and 3 others like this.
  8. Slice of Life

We start our top 10 with...

[​IMG]

HOLO
    Lee Hi
    from the Holo single album
    AOMG

82 points

Peak Position: 10

Voters:
    10 - @Crisp X, @Slice of Life
    8 - @evilsin, @Deja-Boo
    7 - @Cotton Park
    6 - @ysev
    5 - @Island, @vague
    4 - @Wills, @ohnostalgia
    3 - @eccentricsimply, @Love Deluxe, @Empty Shoebox
    2 - @codecat, @GeiPanda
    1 - @Newbie Four, @Gintoki

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A top 10 single!!! I'll take it!!!

Lee Hi is back with her first single after successfully escaping YG's dungeon. This is Holo. And this song... just fucking destroys me with every listen. What a cathartic release! I'm so proud of my baby Hayi.

Holo is sad but hopeful. Lee Hi is so good with this kind of songs (see also: Breathe). Her voice has matured a lot and now packs so much emotion. She just sounds marvelous here.

Really, thank you to everyone who voted for Holo. She deserves this so much and more.

9. Slice of Life

[​IMG]

MERMAID
    Jang Yeeun (feat. Rohann)
    from the Good Girl FINAL mini album
    Stone Music Entertainment

83 points

Peak Position: 9

Voters:
    10 - @Crafty, @ryjm, @eliminathan
    9 - @thommyh, @BEST FICTION, @Newbie Four
    6 - @Slice of Life
    5 - @Crisp X, @junkos
    4 - @ysev
    3 - @He, @Deja-Boo

New Kween of Pop Jang Yeeun is back with another masterpiece. And I thought Barbie was already the peak of recorded music. But no, Yeeun had the audacity to release another gorgeous song just a month after the release of Barbie. This is Mermaid.

This is really good... like really, really good. Barbie is the bigger bop but Mermaid is just much more fully realized. The production - courtesy of my faves FULL8LOOM - is literally perfect. And Yeeun, despite being a rapper, slays the vocals here too. When is she making her solo debut tbh. I need more of this.

I didn't really like the live performance though fffff. Maybe it's the reason she lost to KARD's Jiwoo.

thommyh: Another bop from ms. Yeeun. The Queen of Pop is coming. But seriously this girl is so talented.

eliminathan: Absolutely stunning, this song is so tranquil and Yeeun sounds gorgeous.

10. Slice of Life

Okay, it's getting pretty late here so here's the last result for tonight.

[​IMG]

PLAY
    Chungha (feat. Changmo)
    from the Play single album
    MNH Entertainment

83 points

Peak Position: 8

Voters:
    7 - @evilsin, @ryjm, @Slice of Life
    6 - @Ultravioletvvvvv, @Squashua, @He, @Hurricane Drunk, @eliminathan, @vague
    4 - @Love Deluxe, @thommyh, @BEST FICTION, @Empty Shoebox
    3 - @Crafty
    2 - @junglefish, @Salami
    1 - @aux, @Rem, @Deja-Boo

This is the first time in a long, long time that Chungha missed the top 5 and I'm kinda shqqk??? Even Chungha's biggest stan @Sanctuary didn't give this a single point. WTF!!!

Anyway, let's talk about this song. Chungha is back with her second pre-release single, Play, which features Changmo. And I think it's really, really good? I love it! It's maybe not as iconique and memorable as Stay Tonight but then again, nothing else is. Maybe Stay Tonight just set the bar way too high.

I love the music video and I think it definitely helped in making me more obsessed with the song. Matador Chungha is so sexy, I'm living! And the choreography!!! Chungha always brings it when it comes to choreography but I'm still in awe every time I see her dance. She is so talented and I'm living for the Big Pop Girl energy she exudes these days.

thommyh: I love Chung Ha so this catapulted this above 8th place even though I find the song a bit generic dd.

Empty Shoebox: Better than the Tango song or whatever it was that she released after Stay Tonight.

11. nñ I didn't listen to the SOMI song until, like, 72 hours ago... and I love it quiTe a biT. I don't know what she does to me, but I also loved 'Birthday' so perhaps I've just been tasteless all along!!

Crisp X, vague, ohnostalgia and 7 others like this.
  12. Yeah I really critically underscored this song, definitely a top 3 for me now, I've been listening to it in a main rotation of about 3-5 songs this week. I really love the music video so lemme hijack this comment reply/thread a bit again (sorry other forumers nn) and if I knew ms. @Slice of Life would include my commentary I would've mentioned that: it really kind of encapsulates that feeling of when you're suffering a (usually self-imposed) mental block (there's a point to be made about depression or whatever in here) but it's just how it reads across to me, specifically maybe like... wanting to go out to a party and wanting to get dressed up and serve looks at it but like lacking the self-confidence even though you know you can do it! and also while we're in our youth! Well, maybe that's just a me-problem I'm projecting into it nn.

And also the other missed commentary on my part was that I completely f*cking forgot about the "What You Waiting For" song by TWICE...

Crisp X, vague, ohnostalgia and 10 others like this.
  13. He

He

This Somi payola.

Crisp X, vague, ohnostalgia and 9 others like this.
  14. I wanted to give Somi a couple of points but I forgot ddd Justing for Yeeun!

vague, ryjm, Slice of Life and 3 others like this.
  15. I had to cut "pit-a-pat" from my ballot in the end. Apols.

16. @Slice of Life just a recommendation (and for people who usually listen to bsides): if you're going to post album tracks please don't use color coded videos since those usually steal the copyright from the artist. You can use the audio instead. But that's just a recommendation <3. The chart is still amazing

Crisp X, vague, Vixen and 5 others like this.

17. And the lesson here is...never sign with YG.​

Crisp X, vague, ohnostalgia and 6 others like this.
  18. So Jelly and Creme Brûlée didn’t chart? Guess you guys don’t deserve... DESSERT.

Crisp X, vague, ohnostalgia and 8 others like this.
  19. Poor Crème Brulée! I even threw it 2 points ":-("

20. Shit, I totally forgot to vote for this dddd.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.