K-Popjustice Charts | June 2019 Edition | COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts | June 2019 Edition | COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Jun 23, 2019.

1. ddd I have, but it's rare and to be honest I do prefer the terms "lounge music" instead kii

2. YATH at Ateez outcharting my expectations. Say My Name is still probably my boy group bop of the year.

Sanctuary, ysev, Serg. and 2 others like this.
  3. I now regret not giving LP more points, it's become my favourite off the album! I too have seen many comparisons to it being called elevator music, but people also see it as the girls taking an elevator down to the deeper depths of the ReVe Festival that laps over to Day 2, hence why the song just burns out at the end followed by that "DING!", it's the girls getting off the elevator. We love a narrative.

ysev, Oleander, vague and 7 others like this.
  4. Honestly I think I mostly stan because the beat kicking in reminds me of:

Yas @ my aquatic faves!

LP's old-timey bossa nova is also sensational. It's been said, but the mini really is so strong (helped along by my love for Zimzalabim dd).

ATEEZ disappointed me a tad this month. The whole record's really solid, but nothing hits as hard as any of their previous singles.

ysev, Oleander, vague and 4 others like this.
  5. 14

[​IMG]

BING BING
    Red Velvet
    from the The ReVe Festival Day 1 mini album
    SM Entertainment

41 points

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 14
    Months on Chart: 1

Voters:
    8 - @eccentricsimply
    6 - @He, @Vixen, @Hurricane Drunk
    5 - @Rainbow Road
    4 - @Vesperly, @GeiPanda
    1 - @Cotton Park, @Kuhleezi

We start today's reveal of results with... another album track. YATH! This time, it's Red Velvet's Bing Bing.

Bing Bing is track number 4 of Red Velvet's sixth mini album, The ReVe Festival Day 1. And yes, outside of Zimzalabim, Bing Bing is the biggest bop of the whole album. I'm so glad it made an appearance on our chart as its my third most favourite song off the album after Zimzalabim and Sunny Side Up! Talent!

There's something so intense about this song. It sounds so menacing, so dangerous. Listening to it really makes my heart race. It's probably because of that weird-ass panting sound we hear throughout the song dddddd. What the fuck is that? And why do I stan???

Once again, the girls display their golden harmonies. And Wendy kinda truly snapped with that humongous high note to end the middle 8. Seriously, I think this could very well be Wendy's vocal peak. I know she's pretty problematic but credit where credit is due. The good sis snapped properly here.

If Zimzalabim wasn't the single, I can see Bing Bing getting that slot. What a rush!

Cotton Park: Just pure intensity. I love the rapid fire acoustic guitar off in the background adding a crunchy flavor to the driving bass and electric rhythm guitar. Their most intense, driving track since my Led Belbet favor "Hit That Drum." But not as good.

Vixen: Oh this is funky as FUCK. I mean, that bassline???? Come on, new summer queens. We love an electro-pop-funk-rock anthem. Only Red Velvet, literally only Red Velvet. The harmonies on this are gorgeous, as one would expect from the girls. But God, do Wendy have one hell of a voice. She sounds fantastic on this. (SOL: We still need the Vocal Vixen segment to return, unnie.)

6. 13

[​IMG]

ME
    CLC
    from the Me single album
    Cube Entertainment

41 points

Last Month's Position: 3
    Peak Position: 3
    Months on Chart: 2

Voters:
    10 - @FunkyButChic
    7 - @Hurricane Drunk
    5 - @eliminathan, @Twinkle
    4 - @SloMover
    3 - @Reboot, @PopZeitgeist, @BEST FICTION
    1 - @enjoy v2.0

The only returnee on our chart this month is CLC's number three-peaking Me. The devil works hard but @eliminathan works harder huh.

This was on my shortlist of songs to vote for (since I didn't vote for it last month shfgjshd). But I decided to vote for a newer song instead. I apologize, KPJ Cheshires kekeke.

This has grown on me soooo much, it's crazy. I love that ALL of the girls felt present in the song. This is probably the first time Eunbean felt necessary to the group ddddd. I love her vocals. While the chorus remains... cute, it is saved by that gorgeous as fuck middle 8. Ugh, so good.

I hope CLC finally gets their first win on our charts for their next single when/if that gets released. They deserve it so much.

enjoy v2.0: I like this one eventhough can't help but feel disappointed. Prechorus is fire though.

eliminathan: That was a classic, that was a classic.

7. 12

[​IMG]

OH MY SUMMER
    WJSN
    from the For the Summer mini album
    Starship Entertainment

54 points

Peak Position: 12

Voters:
    10 - @He
    8 - @Cotton Park, @Vixen, @Hurricane Drunk
    6 - @Serg.
    5 - @FunkyButChic
    4 - @PopZeitgeist
    2 - @enjoy v2.0
    1 - @eccentricsimply

Another album track in your area!!! And look, it's another album track from WJSN. This is Oh My Summer.

Oh My Summer is track number 2 of WJSN's new mini album, For the Summer. And while I absolutely love Boogie Up, I could also picture Oh My Summer as the title track. It's just a relentless bop... with an actual chorus at that. xoxo

While there's nothing cosmic about Oh My Summer, it still sounds perfect for WJSN. The disco element of the song is a right fit for these cosmic ladies. Like Let's Dance, Oh My Summer is another unapologetic, louder song for WJSN. The production goes hard but Yeonjung's vocals go harder. That giant high note... she won't just let Wendy win without putting up a fight.

This was briefly promoted by WJSN for their comeback stages along with Boogie Up. It's a shame that they didn't perform the whole song though. I bet the choreography would've been lit again.

Still, Oh My Summer remains a bop of the highest proportion. It's another welcome addition to WJSN's growing number of iconique album tracks.

enjoy v2.0: should have been the title track over Boogie Up to be honest. Why are girlgroups letting me down for picking wrong songs as the title

Cotton Park: I pre-cringed when I saw that my favorite humongous cosmicly themed world-class choreo group (sorry orbitches) was doing a "summer themed E.P." but this one works. This is classic disco in the best possible way, had it come out when I was a kid, it would have rocketed up the dance club charts. Yeonjung absolutely crushes the hard parts, vocally.

Vixen: This is honestly one of the absolute best song released this year. And I feel like the production and melodies are strong enough for this to be a single. And honestly...it should have been? This or 'Lets Dance' as they're both so much superior to the actual title song...which we won't talk about! This is fantastic. Just the right amount of disco flair, a perfect summer atmosphere and just a whole lotta fun. Make it chart, juseyo!

8. I just saw the words Monsta X and Dads next to each other and I’m going to vomit.

9. Please say that Boogie Up just didn’t chart.... the idea that it has outcharted the perfect ‘Oh My Summer’... I cannot....

10. He

He

Ddd and people were saying how Yeonjung isn’t essential for WJSN. Tsk tsk.

Kuhleezi, ysev, Oleander and 5 others like this.
  11. Why does this read as such shade to me?

Rem, codecat, eliminathan and 10 others like this.
  12. Well...
    [​IMG]
    Time to leave the premises before @eliminathan kills me. xoxo

13. CLC releasing two singles in matter of 6 months is already four times more than their single release ratio in 2018 so let's not be ungrateful.

eliminathan, Kuhleezi, Serg. and 11 others like this.
  14. A Bom almost shading CL but quickly changing the subject tea.

Turns out the Twitter user who posted the original clip had their account suspended so I had to make this myself dddd.

eliminathan, Kuhleezi, Serg. and 12 others like this.
  15. SCREAM. Out of all topics she could have chosen, she started talking about the weather ddddddd.

Oleander, vague, eliminathan and 8 others like this.
  16. The dedication!

Oleander, ysev, vague and 5 others like this.
  17. He

He

I'm still cackling. I love Bom.

Oleander, ysev, vague and 6 others like this.
  18. And just missing the top 10 is...

[​IMG]

ZGZG
    SAAY
    from the ZGZG single album
    Universal Music

55 points

Peak Position: 11

Voters:
    10 - @Kuhleezi
    7 - @ohnostalgia
    6 - @ryan_riot92, @vague
    5 - @ThighHighs, @Oleander, @Empty Shoebox
    4 - @codecat
    3 - @ysev, @Island
    1 - @Rainbow Road

Kween of Cool SAAY is back with a spanking new single, ZGZG. Jiggy jiggy, if you will.

SAAY released one of the best albums - K-Pop or otherwise - last year with CLAASSIC so I was very excited for this new single of hers. And she didn't disappoint. She's cooler and more confident than ever. That music video is... a slay of epic proportions. What a superstar.

SAAY sounds great as per usual. She even rapped. Multi-talented Kween! And that dance break is killer. I forgot she was once a K-Pop idol. Iconique.

While I don't think this is better than most of the songs in CLAASSIC (hence why I didn't vote for it), I can still appreciate ZGZG for being such a breath of fresh air in a sea of boring Korean ballads released in June. And I just love how ZGZG is packaged as a whole. It makes you want to be SAAY.

ThighHighs: She's just... so cool.

Kuhleezi: Shaman unnie knows she needs all the points she can get.

Empty Shoebox: If it wasn't for the post chorus, this would have been My Number One. (SOL: HSDHF That's my favourite part. We truly are polar opposites when it comes to music, my unnie.)

19. I'm surprised and heartened it even charted, let alone threatened to bother Top 10. I've seen quite a bit of buzz from your usual lawful-good YT K-pop channels (all misnaming it as her debut single dd Muffy sis the Googling skills) but at least I hope it can generate some goodwill for her next move. She definitely deserves it.

Oh and @Slice of Life is 100% spot on. CLAASSIC is the best K-pop album of last year. Yes even better than Red Velvet's repackage yeah you heard it. Go listen if you haven't already x

Oleander, Empty Shoebox, ysev and 4 others like this.
  20. 10

[​IMG]

FUN!
    fromis_9
    from the Fun Factory single album
    Off The Record Entertainment

59 points

Peak Position: 10

Voters:
    9 - @ryan_riot92
    8 - @ohnostalgia
    7 - @codecat, @savilizabeths
    6 - @Reboot, @ryjm, @Rem
    4 - @Coming Century, @OspreyQueen
    2 - @Love Deluxe

Oh how the mighty has fallen. FUN!, fromis_9's follow-up to KPJ fave Love Bomb, just barely made the top 10. What happened here?

FUN! is the title track of fromis_9's first single album, Fun Factory. And like Love Bomb, FUN! is another high octane bawperoo. Seriously, this song is so loud??? There is no doubt that this is a summer single.

And yes, like most people, I was also kinda disappointed this wasn't as good as Love Bomb. Even though Love Bomb was also in-your-face, it also had some parts that were more subdued. That middle 8 comes to mind. FUN! is an assault from the get-go up to the finish line. I don't hate it but I also can't listen to it for a long period of time.

The music video is a scream and a half though. Kweens of Endorsements! I want that FROMI SWEAT drink, dammit. BOMB NOODLES also looked rather delicious.

I have a question for the fromis_9 stans though and this has bothered me for, like, a week now dddd. Why is Gyuri pushed as the center of the group when she didn't rank first on Idol School? She actually ranked 9th and there are only 9 members in fromis_9... I ask this not because I hate Gyuri. I cannot hate a friend of Chuu. I'm just truly baffled. While Gyuri is booked and busy for dramas and shows, the other girls get none. There must be a reason and I need answers! So hit me up with some theories.

Anyway, FUN! is still cute. I'm gonna use it for a while but I don't think it'll have the longevity of Love Bomb.

codecat: Video of the year! Buy FROMI SWEAT now!!

ryan_riot92: Seriously though … one of my favorites since the beginning of the month.

savilizabeths: After my adoration of 'LOVE BOMB', I was disappointed when I first heard this. It's a LOT right off the bat in a similar way to the previous song but arguably it doesn't work as well as that did. However, this grew on me pretty fast. It really is quite fun once you get used to it. And it's damn earworm-y. The pre-chorus is really nice and the Ariana Grande line is cute as hell. I have a feeling this isn't going to go down very well here, so I gave it my number four in the hopes that I can help it.

ryjm: Ok this is not Love Bomb 2.0, yes, we’re all devastated they didn’t deliver another earth-shattering emotive bop, but you can’t deny that this track is super FUN! It’s a high octane and gloriously camp megabop. That’s a crazy amount of weird production flourishes and vocal takes that it’s hard to keep track of what the actual fuck is going on, but boy is it an enjoyable sugar rush.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.