K-Popjustice Charts - May 2018 Edition - COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts - May 2018 Edition - COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, May 23, 2018.

?

What should be the group name of the winning Mix Produce Uni+ trainees?

Poll closed Jun 2, 2018.
  1. Pink Twelvet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Rainbow Gâteau

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  3. (9) PSHs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Knotty Pine Juice

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. ΠOOΠΔ / POOPD

19 vote(s)
    65.5%
  6. (KPJ)I-DLE

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. BOMM

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  8. 3rdSTY

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. L-Gin-9

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  10. Ali9nmen-T

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. This month WAS competitive. I didn't vote for Fake Love, and I quite like it!

There's also another forum-fave for the month that shockingly (even to me) didn't get any points from me. I think this is the first time in 3-4 months that I've had a completely full ballot with 5 albums.

2. Pardon the delay, I was out scrambling over rocks all weekend, but I love y'all for liking Saay's album.

3. My Tiffany post is LITERALLY on the first page under Slicé’s. FLOPS.

Oleander, eliminathan, vague and 7 others like this.
  4. I have to thank the good sis @Ceir for fighting the good fight for SAAY here - I listened to Cold View and wow it was so so beautiful and heartfelt? Those underwater synths are perfect. Then, I thought that was an experience until I played Jaam, Vodka & Lemon Shot and Rainbow Car and I legit gasped!! RAINBOW FREAKING CAR! I wish I had my wig insured because I'm out here dead, broke and scalped to a TTTtttttt. I'm going to give her album a spin for sure.

Kuhleezi, Oleander, vague and 2 others like this.
  5. Dddd I’m a flop who forgot to read the first few posts/pages pre-results.

Seriously though, this month was full of so many great songs I really struggled. I could’ve easily listed multiple tracks from several releases but I figured I’d try and spread the love.

6. He

He

I never read the first few pages ddddd.

Kuhleezi, Oleander, vague and 4 others like this.
  7. Can we stan for BoA next month? Her Japanese album is incredible and should be shown more love.

Deja-Boo, Kuhleezi, Oleander and 3 others like this.
  8. I love y'all but y'all flops. x

ohnostalgia, Kuhleezi, ryjm and 9 others like this.
  9. Did anyone else vote for 'Eclipse' though or was I the only one ddddd

He, Oleander, vague and 3 others like this.
  11. DDDDD I JUST FORGOT STAHP... I LOVIE YUH OPPAH, LATATA xoxo

vague, Kuhleezi, ryjm and 2 others like this.
  12. If it makes you feel better, I actually read all your posts here, good people still exist

[​IMG]

13. BLINK supporting BLINK. ♡♡♡

14. In a world full of 9's... be a 10.

[​IMG]

evilsin, ThisIsRogue, vague and 9 others like this.
  15. Let's continue. Please don't die yet, @Popjustice. x

[​IMG]

YOU & I
    SHINee
    from the The Story of Light EP 1 mini album
    SM Entertainment

39 POINTS

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 14
    Months on Chart: 1

VOTERS:
    8 - @send photo, @Deja-Boo
    7 - @eccentricsimply, @SophiaSophia
    5 - @karmarisma
    4 - @ohnostalgia

DO NOT MAKE ME CRY, OPPARS. NEAUXXXXXX.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Okay, whoo,mp3.

You & I is the fifth and final song of SHINee's new album, The Story of Light EP 1. And it is a beautiful ballad written by Key.

UGH, MY JONGKEY HEART.

I really don't have anything else to say except that those annyeong's has truly shaken me to my core. And Onew's vocals in the chorus reminded me why I stan him so much. Thank goodness the song is pretty short or I'll truly lose it. Okay thank you.

ECCENTRICSIMPLY'S CORNER

eccentricsimply: Undoubtedly very bittersweet, this song was written by Key and it’s obvious what it is about. It’s a beautiful ballad, in very SHINee fashion once more and they all sound really fucking good.

16. 13

[​IMG]

UNDERCOVER
    SHINee
    from the The Story of Light EP 1 mini album
    SM Entertainment

45 POINTS

Peak Position: 13

VOTERS:
    9 - @SophiaSophia
    8 - @eccentricsimply, @PopZeitgeist
    6 - @Deja-Boo, @karmarisma
    5 - @send photo
    3 - @Overdose

AND THE SHINee SLAYAGE CONTINUES. This is their third song to chart. Will all of the songs from their new album chart??? Let's find out soon.

And thank god we're back to the Land of Bops. Kekeke.

Undercover is the third song off The Story of Light EP 1. And boy does this bop. This might actually be my fave next to Good Evening??? Yes, yes it is.

That playful production just does things to me. The suffocated-sounding first verse sung by Key is a mood. And the boys' falsetto... yath dads! And the whistles are actually an unexpected touch. I love them.

ECCENTRICSIMPLY'S CORNER

eccentricsimply: It’s so fucking slick ugh, I love talent and great production and distorted vocals.

evilsin, ThisIsRogue, vague and 16 others like this.
  17. 12

KINGS OF TALENT

[​IMG]

CALL CALL CALL!
    Seventeen
    from the We Make You mini album
    Pledis Entertainment

47 POINTS

Peak Position: 12

VOTERS:
    10 - @ThighHighs, @Overdose
    7 - @BEST FICTION, @Monkey0, @eliminathan
    6 - @Slice of Life

TALENT. IN JAPANESE.

The hardworking boys of Seventeen are back on our chart with their latest Japanese single, Call Call Call! And I believe this is their first original Japanese single. But don't quote me on that.

And this is another win for these talented cuties. They have truly upped their game. I barely recognize the aegyo-filled cuties from the Mansae era dddddd. These boys all look mature all of a sudden. I'm suddenly emotional.

But about the song... yes, this is another great Seventeen single and coupled with Thanks, Seventeen's other 2018 single, the boys have really snapped this year. I'm liking this new direction of music that they are taking.

Of course, Seventeen excel once again on the choreography front. And the visuals... praise Shaman Unnie. When did cutie Woozi look hot all of a sudden??? This is illegal.

Seventeen are only getting better and y'all need to join Team Talent before it's too late.

Monkey0: My babies conquering Japanese market and it’s just beautiful to watch.

Overdose: Kings of everything!

And the Wonwoo stannage begins here:

BEST FICTION: A FUQQIN BOP. WONWOO LOOKS LIKES A SNACK, BUT GIVE DK MORE SCREENTIME. (SOL: Yeah, I'm mad DK didn't get close-up shots.)

eliminathan: Seventeen have been really good lately huh? Their early career can't even hold a candle to what they've been making since Clap. TRING TRINNNNG. Wonwoo looks like a zamn snacc.

ThighHighs: My boys deliver bops like you wouldn't even believe. They have been on a fucking ROLL the last 2 years and haven't put out a bad title in that span. And the DIVERSITY in their sound is so ridiculous. WE LOVE TALENT! anyways, about this one, it's a fucking jam and as little as I know about Japanese, they seem to pull it off well. Wonwoo is secretly the star of the music video? I live. Really, everyone is looking a snack (except poor Minghao with that mullet) and the choreography is sickening. If you ain't stan them yet, idk what will do it for you. (SOL: YATHHHHH STAN UNNIE. <3)

evilsin, ThisIsRogue, vague and 16 others like this.
  18. And just missing the top 10 is...

[​IMG]

TIME FOR THE MOON NIGHT
    GFriend
    from the Time for the Moon Night mini album
    Source Music

51 POINTS

Last Month's Position: 8
    Peak Position: 8
    Months on Chart: 2

VOTERS:
    10 - @BEST FICTION, @Artemisia
    9 - @junglefish
    8 - @He, @ThighHighs
    6 - @GeiPanda

And the highest charting 'old' song is GFriend's stunning new *hit* single, Time for the Moon Night. And that means our Top 10 songs are all new releases for the first time in the history of KPJC. Yath.

But back to Time for the Moon Night... this is still on heavy repeat. I still love how sad this sounds even though I don't think the song is about sadness per se. And I'm so, so glad the Korean public acknowledges this song's amazingness too. A Gaon chart run of 9-6-2-2 is honestly super solid. Congrats girls! Gummy smiles always win!

I really hope we see another GFriend singles run reminiscent of Me Gustas Tu-Rough-Navillera this year. That would really be sweet.

ThighHighs: This song has grown on me so much over the last month. It's another classic from the queens of purity.Their success with this track has made me so happy after the doldrums of 2017. (SOL: Just to be clear, Fingertip is not part of the doldrums of 2017 okay thank you.)

evilsin, ThisIsRogue, vague and 19 others like this.
  19. evilsin, vague, Oleander and 11 others like this.
  20. Call Call Call! is really fun.

There's just something that's missing from me to love it though.

ThighHighs and Slice of Life like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.