K-Popjustice Charts - May 2018 Edition - COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts - May 2018 Edition - COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, May 23, 2018.

?

What should be the group name of the winning Mix Produce Uni+ trainees?

Poll closed Jun 2, 2018.
  1. Pink Twelvet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Rainbow Gâteau

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  3. (9) PSHs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Knotty Pine Juice

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. ΠOOΠΔ / POOPD

19 vote(s)
    65.5%
  6. (KPJ)I-DLE

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. BOMM

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  8. 3rdSTY

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. L-Gin-9

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  10. Ali9nmen-T

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Pingatip is iconique. The one GFriend song my anti-buddy snake of a BFF enjoys.

vague, Squashua, Oleander and 3 others like this.
  2. We don't know when the forum will decide to die again so let's go straight to the...

TOP 10

starting with...

[​IMG]

JUMP
    SHINee
    from the The Story of Light EP 1 mini album
    SM Entertainment

54 POINTS

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 10
    Months on Chart: 1

VOTERS:
    10 - @digitalkaiser
    9 - @eccentricsimply
    8 - @SophiaSophia, @karmarisma
    7 - @send photo, @Deja-Boo
    5 - @PopZeitgeist

We start our top 10 with another SHINee album track. This time, it's Jump, track number 4 of the new mini album. And that also means all five songs from The Story of Light EP 1 charted this month! This is also the first time that an artist has five songs in the main chart of KPJC. T A L E N T.

We deemed Jump as the best album track of The Story of Light EP 1 and I can't argue against that. Jump is stunnin'. First of all, I love the chillness of this which is a nice contrast to the craziness of Undercover. But chillness doesn't equate to basic production. That final chorus where the song suddenly goes eerily quiet... WIG.

Jump on me, oppars.

ECCENTRICSIMPLY'S CORNER:

eccentricsimply: From the moment the teaser of this song came out I knew it was going to be my favorite b-side and it really didn’t disappoint at all. I was expecting it to be more up-tempo, but I got a track that reminds me of the 1 of 1 b-side, Don’t Stop. The producer of this song said it was based on Michael Jackson’s Off The Wall and it still sounds inherently very SHINee. It’s what they do best, right here.

evilsin, ThisIsRogue, vague and 19 others like this.
  3. 9

RWA

[​IMG]

FROZEN
    yyxy
    from the beauty&thebeat mini album
    BlockBerryCreative

58 POINTS

Peak Position: 9

VOTERS:
    9 - @digitalkaiser, @Apricot
    8 - @Vixen
    6 - @Squashua, @eliminathan
    5 - @Empty Shoebox, @ryjm, @junglefish
    4 - @PopZeitgeist
    1 - @Island

AlbumTrackJustice strikes again!

frozen is the second song off yyxy's debut mini album, beauty&thebeat. And of course, the great team of MonoTree produced this. What can they not do? I hate them.

frozen is... dreamy. It's like a cousin of Oh My Girl's Closer which is probably the highest praise you can give to a song. The verses sound so delicate and work so well with the very dynamic chorus. I also can't praise that pre-chorus enough especially the second one where Chuu just goes for it. Ugh, I hate her.

Kween of the Krunch Go Won's spoken part is also such a nice and unexpected addition to the song. Everything just works here.

ryjm: This song is simply stunning and probably my favourite track from the mini. The track just builds and builds. For once the intern’s track description actually makes sense, this bop effortlessly glides between icy synth laden verses into a euphoric chorus and then catapults towards a shimmering middle 8 where Whitney Chuuston steals the show. I adore how the girl’s voices sound together on this. They did THAT!

Squashua: A curveball for not choosing Gee4Very I guess but Frozen is exactly the melodramatic 80's power ballad with endlessly bonkers spoken word interlude that the world needs right now. Chuu sounds phenomenal, the verses are such a glimmering thing of beauty (Wolfvia sounds so much better in a whispery, low tone) and Go Crunch is becoming the Momo or Sana of the group with her lines of mythical notoriety. I kinda wish they had kept this for the repack but fingers crossed single 2 is just as good, if not better. (SOL: I have no doubt in my mind that the repackage single will decimate all hair follicles. Bookmark me.)

Apricot: This reminds me so much of Britney’s Man on the Moon (and I absolutely adore that song) so kudos to yyxy. I think I’ll love it better than love4eva after some time, but we’ll see. (SOL: WAIT. Why, yes, Man on the Moon is frozen's cousin too.)

eliminathan: Help I love this song it's beautiful.

Vixen: What a fucking song. Although I don't necessarily agree that this should have been the title track instead of 'love4eva', I do agree that it is definitely strong enough to have been a title song on its own if they wanted to. Ugh, their minds! Also, again, can we talk about Chuuney Houston destroying a lung to offer us as much belts as she can. Bless her, we love a main vocalist, never stop giving it your all my little penguin xoxo (SOL: DDDDDDDDD I hate your descriptions so much. I always choke.)

4. Should have been #2, this is officially cancelled.

vague, Oleander, Serg. and 3 others like this.
  5. He

He

Destroying a lung!

I wheezed.

Frozen is lovely, yes. Chuu and Go Won middle 8 is amazing.

vague, Oleander, Serg. and 3 others like this.
  6. [​IMG]

evilsin, vague, Oleander and 7 others like this.
  7. Y'all did frozen dirty, it should've been higher. Watch the forum go down in protest of this error in judgement.

[​IMG]

vague, Sanctuary, Oleander and 6 others like this.
  8. Frozen is cute, I guess.

Slice of Life and He like this.
  9. He

He

Frozen is good but not stellar.

Cotton Park and Slice of Life like this.
  10. 8

[​IMG]

BINGLE BANGLE
    AOA
    from the Bingle Bangle mini album
    FNC Entertainment

71 POINTS

Peak Position: 8

VOTERS:
    10 - @Lego
    8 - @RUNAWAY
    7 - @vague, @Serg.
    6 - @Kuhleezi, @ThighHighs
    5 - @Aries, @GeiPanda
    4 - @junglefish, @Island, @eliminathan
    2 - @Coming Century, @sweetlikegrande
    1 - @Slice of Life

This is not the AOA comeback single we all prayed for huh. Well.

Bingle Bangle is the first single of AOA after main everything vocalist Choa left the group. And Choa's absence is evident here.

First of all, I don't think anyone asked for a cutie-sexy comeback from AOA but here we are. And honestly, after the initial shock and disappointment, I think this suits the girls too.

Bingle Bangle actually reminds me of Girls' Generation's wrongfully maligned single, Holiday. Both songs aren't the most mature singles ever but that doesn't mean they don't work. But while Holiday still felt very Girls' Generation, Bingle Bangle is leaps and bounds different from all of AOA's past singles.

We got so used to AOA and their Brave Brothers sexy singles and yeah, I'll choose those over Bingle Bangle in a heartbeat. But AOA also needed some reinvention of sorts after Choa's departure and the various scandals that hounded them these past few years. Maybe FNC Entertainment thought making the girls do a girls-next-door concept will do the trick? Seeing Bingle Bangle do moderately well on the charts - far better than Excuse Me - maybe FNC Entertainment did the right thing? Only time will tell.

All I'm saying is Bingle Bangle is a grower and isn't as bad as most of y'all think. Kekeke.

eliminathan: They have much better songs on the album but I doubt those songs will do as well as this one so get points SIS. The chorus is really the main part of this song I enjoy.

ThighHighs: This is so fun. I love a slut anthem as much as the next messy gay, but I also stanned Hwi Hwi to death, so there was really no way I wasn't going to love this. The video is adorable and so fun too. This is great. (SOL: Yeah, I forgot to mention that the video is iconic.)

Kuhleezi: I can't be the only one getting their absolute life to this can I? The 1 step 2 step pre-chorus is kinda undeniable and I'm not going to hear otherwise (SOL: Yathhhh, that's my second favourite part of the song, after Jimin's rap.)

Serg.: Some people will say this is a bad song and guess what? They're WRONG. (SOL: Tell em.)

evilsin, ThisIsRogue, vague and 18 others like this.
  11. I guess I’m the only real AOA stan here, some of y’all fake as fuck!

vague, eliminathan, Kuhleezi and 4 others like this.
  12. He

He

I had to delete that mini from my Spotify.

Slice of Life likes this.
  13. Some of us actually like songs meant for grownups like Likey dddd

vague, ryjm, RUNAWAY and 4 others like this.
  14. But Super Duper, Heat, Ladi Dadi, Dododo...

15. Don't try me.
    [​IMG]

NOT with my 5 for Bingle Bangle album and 10 for Ladi Dadi

vague, eliminathan, RUNAWAY and 6 others like this.
  16. Y’ALL. Never admit you don’t read the posts in the actual thread. Someone did this to me once and it was hurtful.

I’m so sorry @Slice of Life ,you deserved better.

ThisIsRogue, vague, RUNAWAY and 7 others like this.
  17. He

He

Oh, I read them! I'm just always late to it and miss the first couple of pages.

Mianhae, @Slice of Life!

18. The lead single for AOA's first comeback in a year and a half wasn't even SECOND on your ballot, consider yourself tried!

vague and Slice of Life like this.
  19. You can @ @send photo it's fine.

20. I'm an AOA stan but I stan them for their jams not mediocre kids bops.

He and Slice of Life like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.