K-Popjustice Charts ֍ November 2020 Edition ֍ Complete Results | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts ֍ November 2020 Edition ֍ Complete Results

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

[​IMG]

THREE OF CUPS
    GFriend
    from the 回:Walpurgis Night album
    Source Music

30 points

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 26
    Months on Chart: 1

Voters:
    8 - @Aries
    6 - @codecat, @BEST FICTION
    4 - @ysev
    3 - @nikkysan
    2 - @askew
    1 - @savilizabeths

The next GFriend track to chart is the amazing Three of Cups. Totally deserving of a place in the top 30 tbh.

I don't think this is as city pop as we're used to but it definitely has a city pop vibe to it. In fact, I can just hear it next to some of the Soul Lady tracks. Love that the chorus is bombastic and subtle at the same time? It's weird, I know, but it sounds like that to me. God this album is just perfect huh. Can't wait for my physical copy to arrive already.

Sanctuary, ThighHighs, ysev and 31 others like this.
  2. Slice of Life

[​IMG]

I BELIEVE
    BoA
    from the I Believe single album
    SM Entertainment / Avex Entertainment

31 points

Peak Position: 25

Voters:
    9 - @Oleander
    8 - @RUNAWAY
    5 - @Love Deluxe, @clowezra
    4 - @Deja-Boo

BoA just squeaked her way into the top 25 with her new Japanese single, I Believe. Not bad for a single with no music video fffff. What's up with that though?

I Believe is a ballad which I know some of y'all are allergic to. And yeah, it does sound like your usual pop ballad. But I weirdly find it so great? BoA's vocals especially in the chorus just do things to me. Anyway, don't forget to vote for Better (the single and the album) in our December charts! And don't forget to vote in @Crisp X's BoA Discography Rate Part 1! #promo

Sanctuary, ThighHighs, ysev and 30 others like this.
  3. Slice of Life

[​IMG]

WHY NOT?
    LOONA
    from the [12:00] mini album
    BlockBerry Creative

33 points

Last Month's Position: 2
    Peak Position: 2
    Months on Chart: 2

Voters:
    10 - @Vixen
    9 - @Babyface
    6 - @evilsin
    5 - @PopZeitgeist
    3 - @aux

Even though some of the new Orbitches who voted last month didn't vote this time around, LOONA's Why Not? still managed to spend another month in the top 30. Talent!

This has grown on me so much. I still prefer Voice and Universe but Why Not? is just as great. She's a cute girl. Also congrats to the girls for selling so much physical albums! We love growth!

Sanctuary, ThighHighs, ysev and 33 others like this.
  4. Slice of Life

Last result for tonight... at least from me... because my back is killing me ffffff.

[​IMG]

LOVE SPELL
    GFriend
    from the 回:Walpurgis Night album
    Source Music

34 points

Peak Position: 23

Voters:
    9 - @thommyh
    5 - @ysev, @codecat, @nikkysan
    3 - @He
    2 - @Love Deluxe, @GeiPanda, @clowezra
    1 - @aux

@vague unnie choosing that photo of Yuju as the song art for Love Spell. I think gay rights! Everybody say thank you @vague sunbaenim!

God, I love Love Spell. I have finally decided that this is the second best song of the album (after Mago, of course). This sound is so fresh for GFriend and they suit it so well. It's rock, it's sexy, and it kinda sounds like a hot country song too????? Iconique. Yuju using her raspier vocals......... kween things. I love her so much. I really hope this isn't the last time we hear GFriend tackle this sound. This deserves a single treatment!

thommyh: straight-up one of the best b-sides of the year ffff. I LOVE this sound on them.

Sanctuary, ThighHighs, ysev and 32 others like this.
  5. I respectfully disagree, but we'll argue about that later.

vague and Slice of Life like this.
  6. I regret finding woo!ah! very late and vote it very low because this part :

has living in my head for days rent free

[​IMG]

ysev, junkos, ultraviolet and 9 others like this.
  7. Eh... it's grown on me a little. The choreo is kind of cool. And I'm not really a very good stan. I didn't vote for it.

Slice of Life likes this.
  8. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

They don’t so neither do I <3

ysev, Crisp X, Wills and 7 others like this.
  9. girlkind outcharting woo!ah's bad girl? The nugus are fightinggg

ysev, vague, ohnostalgia and 6 others like this.

10. I can't think of an eloquently worded segue but just imagine I said something cute here about witchcraft or something!

[​IMG]

SPELL
    Hyolyn
    from the Spell single album
    Bridʒ Entertainment

35 points

Peak Position: 22

Voters:
    10 - @eliminathan
    8 - @tea
    5 - @Crafty
    4 - @thommyh, @BEST FICTION
    3 - @OspreyQueen
    1 - @Monkey0

Hyolyn is back just three months after her SMASH HIT Say My Name was released. This time with a much more understated song, Spell, releasing with the OST for the movie "SWAG". Was a random OST the best choice for my 10 points in the same month where three of my ults came back? Yes! This song absolutely took me by surprise releasing so late into the month. I think it might even be better than Say My Name.

There's really not much to talk about here due to it not being an actual Hyolyn release, but she looks stunning in the video and I'm hoping this means she ditched whoever was styling her hair for Say My Name nn. Those wigs and extensions were busted! Please sis release this song on your next album as well, and you might as well add To Do List to that album since you didn't last time!

thommyh: When's an OST rate gonna happen?

Sanctuary, ThighHighs, ysev and 25 others like this.
  11. Slice of Life

[​IMG]

PSYCHO4U
    Girlkind
    from the Psycho4U single album
    Next Level Entertainment

36 points

Peak Position: 21

Voters:
    10 - @OspreyQueen
    6 - @thommyh
    4 - @Crisp X, @Cotton Park, @Empty Shoebox, @Shockbox, @soratami

We start tonight's reveal of results with your choice nugu girl group song of the month, Girlkind's Psycho4U. Apparently, this is already the girls' fourth single but I don't think they have placed on our charts before... but don't quote me on that ffffff. Anyway, welcome to the club, girlies!

I love how different Psycho4U sounds from the usual nugu release. It's much more understated which I think helps it stand out more so kudos to them! I'm not a huge fan of this (yet) but I have a lot of appreciation for that random-as-fuck dance break. It's so unexpected and it definitely caught me off guard. And the music video is such a scream too. That bathroom scene... iconique. There's one kween dancer who stole the show. Love that for him!

thommyh: this relaxed chill bop... that dance break with the "wub wub" laser gun sfx, shotgun locking noise, and then a katana sheen sound effect all in the span of like a second.

Empty Shoebox: Your hood unnies are back, and it seems they've got more budget this time, so yay.

Sanctuary, ThighHighs, ysev and 27 others like this.
  12. Slice of Life

[​IMG]

TEDDY BEAR
    Natty
    from the Teddy Bear single album
    Swing Entertainment

38 points

Peak Position: 20

Voters:
    7 - @Crisp X, @savilizabeths
    6 - @tea
    5 - @Cotton Park, @Empty Shoebox
    4 - @clowezra
    3 - @PopZeitgeist
    1 - @Wills

But finishing ahead of her nugu contemporaries is soloist Natty who debuts on our chart with her second single, Teddy Bear. Welcome to the club too, babes!

For the uninitiated, Natty was a former JYP Entertainment trainee who competed on Sixteen, the show that introduced Twice to the world. Obviously she didn't win a spot and she had to compete in another reality show, Idol School, the show that introduced fromis_9. Unfortunately for her, she still didn't get in. But Natty is no quitter so in 2020, she somehow made her debut as a soloist with her first single, Nineteen, which y'all ignored ffffff. But she's back with Teddy Bear and now she's kinda made it... at least here on our little subforum. Even though I liked Nineteen enough, Teddy Bear is definitely a much solid effort from Natty. Her ~unique~ vocals didn't quite work on Nineteen but I didn't mind them that much on Teddy Bear. The chorus is such an earworm too. Hopefully we get to hear more from Natty in the next year. We need more South East Asian kweens to slay!

Empty Shoebox: Bit odd, but it works so I'm not complaining. Much.

Sanctuary, ThighHighs, ysev and 28 others like this.
  13. Slice of Life

[​IMG]

NO MORE
    Dreamcatcher
    from the No More single album
    Dreamcatcher Company / Pony Canyon

43 points

Peak Position: 19

Voters:
    8 - @BeingNormal, @Oleander
    7 - @ohnostalgia
    6 - @Monkey0, @Kuhleezi
    4 - @Rem
    3 - @Ana Raquel
    1 - @Crisp X

Now here's one song that I expected to perform much, much better. What happened to our KPJ Insomnias??? Dreamcatcher has to settle with a nineteenth place finish with their new Japanese single, No More.

I'm gonna be honest, I'm kinda having a Dreamcatcher fatigue lately. It was probably due to the rate but I feel like I need a little break from listening to Dreamcatcher. That's why I'm not really feeling No More. It's not as good as Boca, let alone Scream, and I think Dreamcatcher's previous Japanese singles are much better too. But kudos to them for releasing so much content for their fans. We love our prolific kweens.

Sanctuary, ThighHighs, ysev and 29 others like this.
  14. How could you forget?

The subunit:

And the video filmed on an iphone:

[​IMG]

vague, Wills, Crisp X and 6 others like this.
  15. Slice of Life

[​IMG]

READY OR NOT
    Momoland
    from the Ready or Not single album
    MLD Entertainment

48 points

Peak Position: 18

Voters:
    9 - @codecat
    7 - @junkos, @Crafty
    4 - @Salami
    3 - @Kuhleezi
    2 - @ysev, @enjoy, @Aries, @Serg., @savilizabeths, @Joli Chat, @BEST FICTION, @Remorque
    1 - @thommyh, @FunkyButChic

I love that the subforum is slowly but surely falling for Momoland's charms again. After a couple of misses, Momoland are back with their best single in a while, Ready or Not. I can't believe I didn't like this on my first few listens. Flop Slicey!

I was one of the few who somehow loved Momoland's previous single, Starry Night, and I was hoping they'd release a single on that vein. But listening to Ready or Not right now, it's clear that it's the best single they can possibly produce right now. There are still the usual Momolandisms here but it's not quite as obvious and I love that. That pre-chorus + chorus combo is such a win. I also have to praise Momoland's new looks. I love their new Insta baddie cosplay. It seriously suits them. Jooe is a kween.

Sanctuary, ThighHighs, ysev and 30 others like this.
  16. Slice of Life

WaiT, yasssss I remember S.O.R.R.Y!!! An iconique flop bop!

vague, thommyh, Wills and 3 others like this.
  17. tea

tea

Russian Roulette <3

vague, thommyh, RUNAWAY and 2 others like this.
  18. This backhanded compliment ddd

vague, ryjm, thommyh and 10 others like this.
  19. 17

[​IMG]

ACCIO
    Berry Good
    from the Accio single album
    Asia Bridge Entertainment

49 points

Peak Position: 17

Voters:
    10 - @FunkyButChic
    8 - @Empty Shoebox
    7 - @BeingNormal
    6 - @Newbie Four
    5 - @Wills
    4 - @savilizabeths, @Island
    3 - @codecat
    2 - @Ultravioletvvvvv

So BerryGood have returned for the first time in a year and a half. Did you miss them? Probably not, because 'Oh Oh' did not chart and only made bubblimg umder, with only three of us voting for it.

Anyway, as you would expect with a comeback after so long, there has been a lineup change. Taeha's contract was not renewed, leaving Gowoon as the only original member.

Accio is a latin word which I don't understand because I only speak Germanic languages. However, the hangul title '함께 떠나요', translates approximately to 'Let’s Leave Together', which sounds nice. The song is a little nostalgic and has the author / performer thinking back to their first love and the rush of emotions and other shit that we've heard a thousand times before.

Nostalgia is probably a good word to associate with this song, as it sounds like it came from a previous generation of k-pop, and unlike most groups of today, the choreography plays a distinct second fiddle to the vocals. Gowoon's high notes are definitely proving popular with the audience. I'm not @Vixen, so go ask her whether the vocals are good or not.

So there you have it. If you're tired of 2020 K-Pop with it's 'fierce' concepts and 'powerful' choreo, toxic fans and the same sets used over and over again, give this a go. You may like it.

Newbie Four: BerryGood has one of my favorite K-pop visuals (Johyun) and it is interesting to watch sister of Seo Yu Na (Seoyul) and maybe see some similarities. Today we have this comeback, summer song in November, why not? Nice colorful MV, funny upbeat song. 0:16-0:18 me when I see YouTube views count

Empty Shoebox: I don't speak latin, so I'm lost here. Sounds nice though.

Sanctuary, ThighHighs, vague and 27 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.