K-Popjustice Charts - September 2017 Edition - SEASON ONE FINALE! - COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts - September 2017 Edition - SEASON ONE FINALE! - COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Sep 22, 2017.

1. WAITING FOR A FEW MORE UNNIES PLEASE BEAR WITH MY INCOMPETENCE OKAY THANK YOU SARANGHAE CHINGU-DEUL! ♡♡♡

2. While we're waiting for a few more unnies who needed an extension (counting on you @ajmkv, @LA Hallucinations and @D is for Danger!)...

~FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION~

Y'all. The fact that this didn't even bubble under is a crime against Shaman Unnie. Spoiler alert: I'm giving this my 10 points even though it was released waaaay back in August but I. DO. NOT. CARE. It's quickly become one of my favourite songs of the year.

MY KINGS. HOW CAN THEY NOT GRACE MY BALLOT? If I was to be honest, this wasn't an instant love for me. But listening to it with the rest of the album made me love it, stan it, adore it, worship it, etc.

I know the Sik-K fangirls will love this because Sik-K is featuring on this but make no mistake: JEONG SEWOON AKA KOREAN PONYO IS THE TRUE HIGHLIGHT HERE. Why are these Broduce 101 cuties releasing the most awesome bawps though? I'm shqqk.

YATH MY BABIES I'M OKAY WITH THIS NOT CHARTING BUT Y'ALL BETTER VOTE FOR THEM ON NOVEMBER FOR THEIR SECOND FULL ALBUM OKAY THANK YOU

FINALLY A SONG WORTHY OF THESE BOYS' TALENT AND GOOD LOOKS. Hui is quickly rising as a songwriting idol fave. I wish he snatched Wanna One's iconic Energetic too. Kii.

ryan_riot92, send photo, Ceir and 3 others like this.
  3. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PLEASE WELCOME TO THE STAGE OUR 33 LOVELY VOTERS!!!

@ajmkv
    @Alouder98
    @Aries
    @BEST FICTION
    @Ceir
    @Cotton Park
    @D is for Danger!
    @Deja-Boo
    @eccentricsimply
    @GeiPanda
    @He
    @Island
    @JuanJose
    @junglefish
    @karmarisma
    @Kuhleezi
    @LA Hallucinations
    @LightningRider
    @Mikl C
    @mokimbird
    @Monkey0
    @ohnostalgia
    @Overdose
    @PopZeitgeist
    @R92
    @ryan_riot92
    @Sanctuary
    @send photo
    @Serg.
    @Slice of Life
    @Squashua
    @ThighHighs
    @Vesperly

THANK YOU, MY LOVES.

Results will be revealed as soon as I get back from work. Kekeke. Again, please bear with my incompetence.

Also if y'all didn't answer this question yet:

WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE MOMENT OF THE KPJC SO FAR?

Then you can still send me your answers. xoxo

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    Deja-Boo, ryan_riot92, Aries and 8 others like this.

4. jk take your time Slicey.

[​IMG]

Slice of Life and Kuhleezi like this.
  5. [​IMG]

~BUBBLING UNDER CHART~
    ALBUMS

[​IMG]

COLOR CRUSH
    Elris
    Hunus Entertainment

6 POINTS

VOTERS:
    5 - @Serg.
    1 - @LightningRider

---

[​IMG]

SCHXXL OUT
    Pristin
    Pledis Entertainment

6 POINTS

VOTERS:
    3 - @Kuhleezi
    2 - @GeiPanda
    1 - @D is for Danger!

---

[​IMG]

PREQUEL
    Dreamcatcher
    Happy Face Entertainment

7 POINTS

VOTERS:
    4 - @D is for Danger!
    3 - @Cotton Park

---

[​IMG]

UNMIX
    MXM
    Brand New Music

7 POINTS

VOTERS:
    5 - @karmarisma
    2 - @Sanctuary

---

[​IMG]

THE RED SUMMER
    Red Velvet
    SM Entertainment

7 POINTS

VOTERS:
    2 - @R92, @Overdose, @ajmkv
    1 - @ryan_riot92

ohnostalgia, Aries, Deja-Boo and 11 others like this.
  6. ~BUBBLING UNDER CHART~
    SONGS

WHERE ARE YOU
    CLC
    from the Free'sm mini album
    Cube Entertainment

18 POINTS

VOTERS:
    7 - @ajmkv
    6 - @ryan_riot92
    3 - @ThighHighs
    2 - @BEST FICTION

---

IFFY
    Sik-K (feat. pH-1, Jay Park)
    from the BOYCOLD mini album
    H1GHR MUSIC

19 POINTS

VOTERS:
    10 - @Sanctuary
    9 - @Ceir

---

PIED PIPER
    BTS
    from the Love Yourself: Her mini album
    Big Hit Entertainment

19 POINTS

VOTERS:
    7 - @eccentricsimply
    6 - @Cotton Park, @Serg.

---

WE LIKE
    Pristin
    from the Schxxl Out mini album
    Pledis Entertainment

19 POINTS

VOTERS:
    7 - @JuanJose
    6 - @Mikl C
    5 - @Kuhleezi
    1 - @PopZeitgeist

---

I'M SORRY I COULDN'T PROMOTE YOU MORE, PONYO-SSI~

JUST U
    Jeong Sewoon (feat. Sik-K)
    from the Ever mini album
    Starship Entertainment

20 POINTS

VOTERS:
    8 - @karmarisma
    7 - @Slice of Life
    5 - @Ceir

7. Slice of Life and Sanctuary like this.
  8. Hmm okay noted that Elris tanked.. Pied Paper is by far the best song on HER, shame it didn't chart.

9. And now we go to the relevant chart...

~MAIN CHART~
    ALBUMS

[​IMG]

ROLLIN'
    B1A4
    WM Entertainment

8 POINTS

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 10
    Months on Chart: 1

VOTERS:
    5 - @Slice of Life
    2 - @LightningRider
    1 - @junglefish

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MY KINGS ONLY COME BACK WHEN THEY ARE NOT DOING WORLD TOURS AND I'M SO HAPPY THEY'RE ON OUR CHART AGAIN.

Rollin' is the seventh mini album of the long-running once-upon-a-time nugu boys of B1A4. This album also marks their return to ~fun~ music after the rather somber vibe of their last few albums. Okay, ~fun~ may be a reach since the boys are still emoting their hearts out on this album but it's actually nice to hear them on a more vibrant level again.

I stan their quirkier music, okay? Don't @ me.

But back to the album.

Yes, yes, yes. Yes, I love it very much. Would I have liked a full album again? But of course. But the songs on this album will carry me through long, lonely nights when B1A4 decide to do a world tour again. Seriously, they tour every time. Get money, I guess, kings!

I only listened to this album twice so I can't really decide on my most favourite track yet. I truly love everything... well, maybe not that boring ballad tucked in the end. Kii.

COME BACK MORE TO US, BABES.

Also thank you for funding Oh My Girl's next three comebacks. Kekeke.

---

[​IMG]

BOYCOLD
    Sik-K
    H1GHR MUSIC

14 POINTS

Peak Position: 9

VOTERS:
    5 - @Sanctuary, @Ceir
    4 - @Squashua

The indie-leaning unnies of KPJ, Ceir and Squashua, tag-teamed with Sanctuary to bring Sik-K to the ninth spot. Congrats, gorls!

You know what, I'm actually perched to listen to this. The Sik-K songs that I've heard are all really nice so lemme give the boy some streaming coin. Kekeke.

Squashua unnie, KPSC is iconique. You don't have to explain yourself!

Whilst hosting KPSC is a blessing for me for a lot of reasons, one of my favourite things about it is discovering new music. So far I can thank y'all for making aware of classics like Bbi Ri Bba Bba, Sixth Sense, A, & Jumping but now, with the indie round, I have Sik-k (among others) to add to the discovery list. Smooth and perfect for these longer autumn nights, it's an expertly produced little mini and definitely pretty emblematic of the Sik-k sound. Your Night (obviously), Earphone and the bouncin' Jay Park feature h1gher gang are the highlights.

Indie ringleader Ceir unnie, take it away hussy!

Tunes upon tunes upon tunes. Iffy and Your Night are the absolute standouts. Earbuds and Ex are also very listenable. It goes from this melancholy soundscape that is Your Night and Earbuds to full on laid-back fun with Iffy.

---

[​IMG]

RAINBOW
    (Parallel repackage)
    GFriend
    Source Music

14 POINTS

Last Month's Position: 7
    Peak Position: 7
    Months on Chart: 2

VOTERS:
    5 - @junglefish, @GeiPanda
    2 - @BEST FICTION
    1 - @Cotton Park, @Vesperly

NOT THE HAIRY FRENCH OPPA AND HAIRY FRENCH OPPA DISCOVERER GANGING UP TO VOTE FOR YEOJA CHINGU.

A plot twist that I wholeheartedly approve.

Rainbow is the same as Parallel but with added two songs: Rainbow and single Summer Rain.

I remember enjoying Parallel so of course I will also enjoy this. The competition was just so fierce that this didn't made my ballot. I'm so sorry, Eunha bby.

Cotton Park unnie perfectly sums up my relationship with Yeoja Chingu.

I can't not love them.

10. 7

[​IMG]

RED DIARY (PAGE 1)
    Bolbbalgan4
    Shofar Music

16 POINTS

Peak Position: 7

VOTERS:
    5 - @Squashua
    4 - @Cotton Park
    3 - @Aries, @Vesperly
    1 - @R92

Current Korean Kweens of Music return on our chart with their latest mini album, Red Diary (Page 1). Ugh, I hate this kind of marketing. You know, Volume 1, Part 1, Version 1. Because 90% of the time, the second part does not relate to the first part. WHERE IS THE CONTINUITY? THE CONSISTENCY?

Okay, whoa, where did that rant come from? Dddddd.

I will admit that I haven't been checking for Bolbbalgan4. I'm a flop, I know. Even though I love their voices (or is there only one vocalist?), there is no drive in me to listen to their music. But I will really try to listen to one of their albums. I mean, if @Squashua unnie stans like ha life depended on it, the least I could do is listen.

Cotton Park unnie is sure that I will love this. I trust you, cyst.

This just got released so I hesitated to list it but I already fucking adore it. So will you, Slice-ssi.

Squashua unnie just has a way with words. I bet you're a player, unnie. xoxo

Their lack of presence on Spotify pains me because I adore Bolbbalgan and want to spin all of this & Red Planet (a.k.a. one of K-Pop's best albums of 2016) until eternity. They're the perfect balance between indie folk quirky and all out pop melodies and i'm so glad they've been Korea approved. Whilst the title of the EP could have done with not following the frustrating trend of long winded multi-entry faffery, everything else about this release is gorgeous. The cover art, each delicately uplifting track that manages to not get stale once and a voice that you probably won't hear anywhere else in K-pop. To My Youth is such an affecting piano power ballad in a league of its own, Blue bops along at a jaunty pace and i've already expressed my appreciation for the title track in the singles points. Don't sleep on them unnies.

hjalp this is so emotional

---

[​IMG]

THE POWER OF MUSIC
    (The War repackage)
    EXO
    SM Entertainment

18 POINTS

Last Month's Position: 11
    Peak Position: 4
    Months on Chart: 3

VOTERS:
    5 - @eccentricsimply
    4 - @Sanctuary
    3 - @BEST FICTION, @Serg.
    2 - @junglefish
    1 - @Aries

EXO just barely missed the top 5 goddammit. And it lost to BTS' new album as well.

1 point to the crazy ARMYs. Kekeke.

But this album has spent 3 months in the charts so who's winning really?

The Power of Music is The War but with three additional songs - Sweet Lies, Boomerang and the single, Power.

I... ugh... haven't listened to this yet. But I did enjoy my one listen of The War so I think it's safe to say I'll also enjoy this. I hope so.

Serg. stans and looks for a fight.

Well it has only 3 tracks so I won't put it above those other 2 girlies, but it's still solid as usual, haters I know will deny it but you know they stay winning, so yeah.

11. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Glad Bolbbalgan4 & Sik-K made it top 10.

12. Not me voting for Color Crush at #6 because I used the same template as last month's charts by mistake nn

[​IMG]
    @Cotton Park

Cotton Park and Slice of Life like this.
  13. The real question is do you actually love yourself?

14. [​IMG]

15. Not me being the first to criticise the album and also the highest scorer for one of the tracks, damn.

Serg. and Slice of Life like this.
  16. I voted for Your Night instead of iffy... @Ceir we're unsynchronized like SNSD.

He and Slice of Life like this.
  17. I voted for it too!

I just put it 7th...

You're the Jessica, I'm the Yuri.

Kuhleezi, Slice of Life and Monkey0 like this.
  18. Sik-k is so cute so I'm glad to help him climb the K-PJ charts.

I'm also glad EXO charted, but their fisting-themed album cover is so tacky in design.

19. 5

[​IMG]

HOLIDAY NIGHT
    Girls' Generation
    SM Entertainment

19 POINTS

Last Month's Position: 1
    Peak Position: 1

VOTERS:
    5 - @Alouder98, @Overdose
    3 - @GeiPanda
    2 - @Aries, @karmarisma, @Kuhleezi

That @Alouder98 I mean Soshi reign just won't let up.

Unless we're talking about the Gaon Charts kekeke.

Our former number 1 album is alive and kicking at the fifth spot this time around. And it's super well-deserved because I'm actually still getting my life to this every time it comes on shuffle.

Kweens.

Also, if you don't stan One Last Time then we are not friends. Okay thank you.

Fan has been a 10/10 since day 1, karmarisma unnie. Keep up!

With less slow songs, this album could've been a real GOAT. That said, it's very solid. Fan has been growing on me.

YATH REPACKAGE Overdose unnie!!! Praying to Shaman Unnie it happens before 2017 ends.

Funky queens. Bring on the repackage!

---

[​IMG]

LOVE YOURSELF: HER
    BTS
    Big Hit Entertainment

24 POINTS

Peak Position: 3

VOTERS:
    5 - @Cotton Park
    4 - @Monkey0, @Overdose
    3 - @eccentricsimply, @LA Hallucinations
    2 - @ryan_riot92
    1 - @Sanctuary, @Serg., @PopZeitgeist

Both this album and our third placer actually earned the same number of points but the later won due to having 11 voters as to the former's 9. Poor it.

BTS' grand return to the K-Pop scene - breaking records left and right, if I may add - didn't receive as much PJ love as I was anticipating but y'all still voted their new album as the fourth best so kudos!

Let me just say that even though I hate them (and Big Hit Entertainment) for their audacity to collaborate with The Chainsmokers, I actually understand their stance. Like, I know The Chainsmokers make the worst Trump-Pop music and they're just little shitty twats who needs to be swallowed by two blackholes but I also know that they are probably one of the biggest names in the world. And it would be downright dumb_dumb.mp3 if BTS didn't capitalize on that. Let's just be happy that their Chainsmokers collab wasn't the single because that would make me an anti.

I haven't fully listened to the album yet. I think I only listened to the first four tracks before my busy life took hold of me and never let go. What a binch. But judging from those four tracks, I can say that there is still a lot to enjoy here. First, lemme just commend the four vocalists (Jungkook, Jimin, V and King Jin) for sounding really good. I'm shockingly not in awe of the rap line this time around and I'm glad the vocalists are there to compensate.

Serg. unnie just can't with The Chainsmokers. I completely understand.

Sorry but I can't give an album that has Chainsmokers on it more than 1 point + DNA is awful. Other songs are quite alright or extremly good(those are in my song ballot)

Meanwhile, Cotton Park has been fighting the lonely fight by plugging BTS' new songs on the sub-forum by haself. *hugs*

This blindsided me. I usually want to hate any group that can suck in eleventy billion views on YouTube in minutes flat, but this is a killer album.

ohnostalgia, Sanctuary, Aries and 8 others like this.
  20. 3

[​IMG]

FOLLOWING
    HyunA
    Cube Entertainment

24 POINTS

Last Month's Position: 3
    Peak Position: 3

VOTERS:
    4 - @LightningRider, @ryan_riot92
    3 - @karmarisma, @He, @Island
    2 - @D is for Danger!
    1 - @BEST FICTION, @Kuhleezi, @eccentricsimply, @Slice of Life, @LA Hallucinations

NAWT MISS HYUNA STAYING AT THE TOP 3 FOR TWO STRAIGHT MONTHS.

TALENT.

Also, I finally listened to this! YATH.

There's a lot to enjoy here. My favourite aside from the single is easily Purple with Pentagon member, E'Dawn. There's an easiness to it that is cool and chic and me. Kekeke. Dart is also very, very good and I know y'all love this because y'all voted for it last month.

This is actually the first time I listened to a HyunA album in full after what seemed like forever. And I listened only because the single is great. A tip to K-Pop stars and producers: Make your single is as amazing as Shaman Unnie's trickery. I'm one of those people who only listen to an album if the single is amazing. The single is like foreplay. If I enjoy it then we can go to the next level. Kekeke.

Anyway, did y'all know that this also charted very high in the regular PJ Charts? We did that, unnies. Love you all. x

karmarisma is left kinda disappointed though but she still awarded the good sis HyunA some points.

Honestly, the album falls pretty far behind A'wesome, but I love Babe and Mirror

YATH RESTRAINT! He unnie, you are absolutely right.

Such a nice little mini, I’m quite impressed who restrained it all is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.