K-Popjustice Charts ♕ September 2020 Edition ♕ Season Four Finale ♕ Complete Results | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Popjustice Charts ♕ September 2020 Edition ♕ Season Four Finale ♕ Complete Results

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Hmm.. not my super[sarang-salvation] shortlist for SOTY2020 just increasing more and more...
    Does anyone volunteer to save Diver? Please collude with me in PMs unnies...

ysev, Rem, vague and 8 others like this.
  2. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Wait I was going to post this earlier but I got sidetracked by your BETRAYAL. I definitely think the performance was what sold me the song the most, it's just so good?

The choreographer also did BTS' On and Blackpink's How You Like That which whatever opinions you have on those songs (I have....... a lot of negative ones for On), do make for entertaining performances. I saw a reactor who commented how the Back Door choreography thinks about the performance beyond the music video, so you rarely ever see someone not doing something. It's very dynamic and entertaining.

ysev, TéléDex, Salami and 2 others like this.
  3. I am supersaranging Diver in this end year rate. Ok, thanks

evilsin, ysev, Rem and 10 others like this.
  4. Easiest 10 ever.

ysev, vague, Slice of Life and 3 others like this.
  5. Y’all just don’t listen to the album tracks do you? Diver would’ve been in the Top 5 easily if it were the single.

ysev, Rem, thommyh and 2 others like this.
  6. GEUREONI HAN BEONDEO!

ysev, Rem, Kuhleezi and 7 others like this.
  7. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Abracadabra is the superior b-side to be honest. And by like... a wide margin.

ysev, ohnostalgia and Slice of Life like this.
  8. Diver was on my ballot before I kicked it (for a Stray Kids b-side that didn't even chart and I oop-) but in my defense I knew it would do well!

Despite not feeling like it, somehow September was stacked. I didn't even get to spare a point for Lovelyz. I'm praying for all of us when the October bloodbath unleashes itself.

ysev, Rem, vague and 6 others like this.
  9. 7

[​IMG]

LA LUNA
    HA:TFELT
    from the La Luna single album
    Amoeba Culture

83 points

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 7
    Months on Chart: 1

Voters:
    9 - @Oleander
    8 - @Cotton Park, @vague, @eliminathan
    6 - @RUNAWAY
    5 - @eccentricsimply, @thommyh, @Kuhleezi, @BEST FICTION, @ohnostalgia, @Sanctuary
    4 - @Empty Shoebox
    3 - @Serg., @aux
    2 - @GeiPanda
    1 - @Newbie Four, @TéléDex

Yeeun returning and outcharting both of the phenomenal singles from her last album, love that! Yes that's right, after only 5 months from the release of 1719 which is still the best album of this decade, HA:TFELT has made her return. I'm so happy she's back to semi-regularly working on music because her talent and self-expression is truly gorgeous.

HA:TFELT's newest single La Luna is another stunner, and on any other month this would be my 10 pointer but I had other more popular acts to rally behind. Even with the 8 she managed to get a top 10 place which honestly I wasn't expecting nn. The plums did THAT!

The song is great, I think the post-chorus instrumental is a bit underwhelming but all parts of the song where Yenny is showcasing her talent (the vocals and the lyrics) are brilliant. The video is bittersweet because she looks beautiful (on the single cover too) but why does there have to be a giant terrifying rabbit beast in the video...

Not to mention that the whole video interpretation of the song is based on running away to the moon with said rabbit partner and she released this on the 10th of September....sis. Imagine the TOPICALITY if she actually released this on October 1st during Chuseok, the festival where the moon rabbit came from originally. The September release just makes it look like sis is on a car ride with the furry from Pinkfantasy

thommyh: Excellent song.

Empty Shoebox: Pink Fantasy's rabbit member was absent last comeback. CO-INCIDENCE? Yes. I'm sure there's more than one bunny costume in RK.

Slice of Life: I highkey regret not voting for this as it's one of my faves of the month... but my flop boys need me more, Yenny unnie. I'm so sorry.

evilsin, Deja-Boo, ysev and 26 others like this.
  10. Oh did XUM not chart? Does that mean I can't post this?

ysev, vague, ultraviolet and 6 others like this.
  11. Eaux... I totally forgot to vote for La Luna.

ysev, vague and Slice of Life like this.
  12. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Thank you to our dear contributors @Empty Shoebox and @eliminathan for the great reviews. You continue to outdo yourselves. Iconique.

Today was such a looooong day for me so I can only reveal one result tonight. And then another unnie will reveal our number 5 song. And then we'll have the finale tomorrow night. I hope that's alright with y'all.

Anyway, just missing the top 5 is........

The most important song of the decade so far, I think.

[​IMG]

ARISONG
    cignature
    from the Listen and Speak mini album
    J9 Entertainment

118 points

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 6
    Months on Chart: 1

Voters:
    10 - @Crisp X, @He
    9 - @thommyh
    8 - @nikkysan, @GeiPanda, @enjoy, @OspreyQueen, @soratami
    7 - @BeingNormal, @Kuhleezi, @savilizabeths
    6 - @ryjm, @Slice of Life
    4 - @Crafty
    3 - @BEST FICTION, @ohnostalgia
    2 - @Empty Shoebox
    1 - @aux, @vague, @Oleander, @Vixen

That's right, it's wignature's new single, the demonic, the chaotic, the fantastic Arisong. I'm incredibly sad that it failed to capture a spot in the top 5 (thus failing to qualify for the KSOTY for now). But I can't argue with our top 5 tbh. September was really filled to the brim with quality releases huh.

Anyway, back to Arisong. I don't know what's with this song but I'm just... obsessed with it at the moment. After just three consecutive listens, my brain starts melting from the noise this song produces... but I keep on listening anyway. I can't stop. Maybe it really is demonic. That chorus is undeniable. But it's the even more chaotic middle 8 that truly drives the point home.

I said before that this sounds like the follow-up to Pristin's equally iconique We Like and I still stand by that observation. Both songs just have this energy that's impossible to contain. Honestly, if my extremely anxious brain has its official soundtrack, it would probably be Arisong or We Like. They just speak to me on a spiritual level.

Even the music video doesn't make fucking sense???

Like, what is that weird-ass orange tree and why does it look like that???
    [​IMG]

And why are the girls smiling so creepily?
    [​IMG]

This is high art. I don't understand shit but I love it.

thommyh: That "HUMMNNnnnnnnNGHHHHhhh;~~" is literally SO addictive. This entire song bops, as do all their other songs.

Empty Shoebox: 'Arisong means uncertain' - Ryu Sera (SOL: Wait, so that's really what arisong means??? Kween!)

evilsin, Deja-Boo, ysev and 29 others like this.
  13. He

He

Not even top5?

Tasteless, you all.

ysev, vague, nikkysan and 10 others like this.
  14. You guys deserve trop pop in the year of 2021

ysev, vague, nikkysan and 10 others like this.
  15. See for yourself:

But you only gave it six points?

ysev, Oleander, vague and 13 others like this.
  16. @Slice of Life is always commenting on how he loves this or that song/album so much and then not giving it any points (@berserkboi teas), so "only" 6 points isn't that bad nn

ysev, Oleander, vague and 10 others like this.
  17. evilsin, ysev, Oleander and 13 others like this.
  18. I have already reported them.

evilsin, ysev, Oleander and 8 others like this.
  19. Meoriga bingbing nunmuri pingping
    Sunganui seulpeum barami sallang neoEEE hyanggireul dama bureowa~

[​IMG]

ysev, Oleander, vague and 7 others like this.
  20. ARISONG
    HAAAEEEEEEEEEEEE
    [​IMG]

ysev, Oleander, OspreyQueen and 10 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.