K-Telly | The Popjustice Forum

K-Telly

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by imnotshy, Jul 26, 2011.

1. K-Pop On The Telly

This is a thread to talk about K-Pop on television! So Variety Shows, Music Shows, Korean Dramas and anything else you can think of that has K-Pop On The Telly.

I will say Drama wise I loved Boys Over Flowers a lot. Idol show wise I loved Hello Baby with SHINee and 2PM's Wild Bunny. Favorite Variety Shows would probably be We Got Married, Running Man and Strong Heart.

2. Re: K-Pop On The Telly

I'm currently watching City Hunter - it finishes next week. Only 2 more episodes left. I started watching Boys Over Flowers 2 days ago and am 5 episodes in, it's so good. I love Lee Minho so much.

My favourite variety show is Star Golden Bell, but that ended! I mainly watched it for Jung Juri though because she's so funny.

3. Re: K-Pop On The Telly

I love Wild Bunny, I still pray we'll one day get the last episode haha. Jungle Fish 2 is an excellent drama based on the first 4 episodes I've seen.

Me too! She's my favourite Korean comedian.

Taeyang likes this.
  4. Re: K-Pop On The Telly

Who is that rather large old woman who is ALWAYS on variety/reality shows. She was in Invicible Youth with SNSD..

5. Re: K-Pop On The Telly

Kim Shinyoung? She's not old ha, she's like 27. I love her, she's always so funny with other idols and jokes with them. They're all so comfortable around her.

6. Re: K-Pop On The Telly

Oh really? She looked much older.. haha.

7. Re: K-Pop On The Telly

There's a small group of MC's/comedians that seem to be everywhere, I hardly ever see new ones appearing. Even the lesser jobs like hosting music shows are given to idols! haha

Taeyang likes this.
  8. Re: K-Pop On The Telly

I watched The Greatest Love/Best Love recently and it's really good! 5dolls made multiple cameos in the drama.

9. Re: K-Pop On The Telly

5dolls have really made it in the big time now! haha

10. Re: K-Pop On The Telly

Dream High was hilariously bad, but I couldn't stop watching it. They're talking about making a second season. I hope Wooyoung and IU are in it again.

Jung Juri and Shin Bong Sun are probably the most hilarious women I've ever seen.

11. Re: K-Pop On The Telly

I loved Heroes.

Seo In-Young, Kahi, Narsha, Nicole (KARA) & IU. Seriously star studden lineup!

SHIN BONG SUN is the most hilarious woman I've ever seen!

12. Re: K-Pop On The Telly

Haha! I'm probably the only one here that likes 5dolls' releases so far.

I couldn't even finish the first episode of Dream High, don't think I even made it to the halfway mark.

Shin Bong Sun and Park Myung Soo are my favourite Korean comedians.

13. Re: K-Pop On The Telly

I love Dream High for the Genie performance!

Wow, I thought she was a lot older!

I am really enjoying 2PM Show now and I have not watched City Hunter yet (I will get around to it eventually haha) but I love Lee Minho!

14. Re: K-Pop On The Telly

DREAM HIGH

15. Re: K-Pop On The Telly

Best Korean variety show was Family Outing Season 1. Nothing tops that. Cast was perfect, every single episode was hilarious!

From current show I love Running Man, Strong Heart ( minus those sob stories, I like juicy stuff) and Win Win. Star Golden Bell was hilarious. Jung Juri is amazing. Heroes was great too. From idol variety show I liked: MBLAQ's Idol Army and Sesame Player, 2NE1 TV, Infinite's Seame Player, SHINee's Hello Baby.

Best comedians for me are: Yoo Jae Suk (absolute genius), Park Myung So, Shin Bong Sun, Jung Juri.

As for dramas, well I'm not abig fan of them. I watched Secret Garden and it was enjoyable, but some moment were cringeworthy and unberable. I watched half of My Princess (there's Kikwang in pink pajamas!) but I couldn't bring myself to finishing it.

16. Re: K-Pop On The Telly

I agree. Running Man is great but some episodes were boring.

I wish there were dedicated subbing teams for Infinity Challenge and 1 Night 2 Days who would sub every single episode from the first but it will be impossible since these shows have been running for a few years now. I have seen a number of episodes and they were hilarious!

17. Pen Expers

Pen Expers Moderator

Re: K-Pop On The Telly

Running Man had some boring episodes through the first 15 or so, but now it's close to Family Outing levels at times. Love the cast & chemistry and when the challenges are a bit more creative than 'find the most expensive item'.

Also mandatory promotion of 'Jungle Fish 2', the greatest k-drama.

18. Re: K-Pop On The Telly

I've never seen the first Jungle Fish. Are they related to the point where I couldn't really follow Jungle Fish 2? I looked the synopsis for both up and they both seem to have interesting plots!

19. Re: K-Pop On The Telly

Oh there's one before Jungle Fish 2? I don't know why I didn't think of that haha well you can definitely just skip to 2 if you want because that's where I started and it's separate.

And the plot is really interesting, I'm not keen on Korean drama's but Expers strongly recommended it and I'm very happy he did! haha

Taeyang likes this.
  20. Re: K-Pop On The Telly

The only k-drama I've ever watched is "Full House" with Rain. It was funny and entertaining the first couple of episodes, but after a while every episode started to feel the same so I stopped watching.

I'm willing to give Korean dramas another go but I'm not sure where to start.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.