K-Top Answer Game - Season 2: CONGRATS SLICE OF LIFE | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

K-Top Answer Game - Season 2: CONGRATS SLICE OF LIFE

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Serg., Jun 24, 2019.

1. To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Zimzalabim. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical listener’s head. There's also Seulgi’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation - her personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The Reveluvs understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these hooks, to realize that they're not just funny- they sing something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Zimzalabim truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Wendy’s existencial catchphrase "Are you ready for this? ZIMZALABIIIIIIIIM" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Red Velvet’s genius unfolds itself on their Melon apps. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Zimzalabim tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the oppas' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

2. Suddenly I want to be dumb.

3. This is a copy/paste from a BTS stan, isn't it? ....

4. [​IMG]
    *sponsored by Samantha Thavasa jeans

Round 3 - K-Pop goes to J-Pop

1 - Name a girl group with excellent Japanese discography, other than SNSD.
    2 - Name a group that is huge is Korea but their Japanese efforts didn't stick with Japanese GP.
    3 - Name a Japanese single by BoA that she never recorded in Korean.
    4 - Name SNSD's best Japanese album.
    5 - Name a group that only has one Japanese member.
    6 - Name a prestigious Japanese award a K-Pop group has gotten.
    7 - Name a group that has collabed with a Japanese artist for their single there.
    8 - Name a b-side from EXO's debut Japanese full album 'Countdown'.
    9 - Name a Japanese single by SNSD where Jessica has the most lines.
    10 - Name a nugu girl group that would have a successful career in Japan in an alternate universe because of the type of music they make.

Round 3 closes Sunday, July 7th at 3PM GMT

GeiPanda, ysev, ThighHighs and 15 others like this.
  5. @Serg.'s constant bias towards SNSD's best member, Jessica, always makes these rounds so much fun. xoxo

6. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

We're counting song lines now? Or is this because some deranged Jessica stan made a chart already?

ysev, Serg., evilsin and 9 others like this.
  7. Just @ me next time, binch!

8. I'm obliged to say that I love this round's questions.

Oleander, Vixen, ysev and 3 others like this.
  9. It's a copypasta from Reddit about Rick and Morty dddd

10. I'm a oppa. (And I'm still giggling. Like gigglefit giggling.)

Oleander, Serg., ysev and 4 others like this.
  11. Still giggling. Too funny.

Oleander, Serg., ysev and 4 others like this.
  12. What astonishes me the most though are two Russian references.

Oleander, Serg., soratami and 8 others like this.
  13. @nikkysan doing that subtle LANA promo.

Oleander, Serg., RUNAWAY and 4 others like this.
  14. Subliminal messages.

Oleander, nikkysan, Serg. and 4 others like this.
  15. I'm barely in the group and now I'm going to flop straight back out of it...

Oleander and Serg. like this.
  16. I’m finding this round harder than the last one...

By “their” do you mean the Kpop act or the Japanese act?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    Serg. and Oleander like this.
  17. Kpop

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.