Kacey Musgraves - Golden Hour | Page 104 | The Popjustice Forum

Kacey Musgraves - Golden Hour

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Just woke up from a terrible nightmare where Kacey didnt win AOTY last night.

2. I am so freakin happy for her! I can't believe talent DID actually win this year. She deserved it so so much. Yeehaw.

andru likes this.
  3. Is it premature of me that I'm already wondering about what her next album is going to sound like? I wonder what her Grammy win will mean for her in terms of the progression of her sound, if anything. I'm so excited for her.

I knew I should have listened to Golden Hour when I was feeling sad last night.

4. That Mariah "I don't know her" gif needs banned from all social media platforms.

echoamelie, ohaimanabu and Reboot like this.
  5. Couldn't be happier for her. It's a fantastic album and she is a STAR!

andru, Staticboombox and SlowBurn like this.
  6. I hate posts like that. It's takes literally a couple of seconds to type Kacey's name into YouTube or Spotify and check her out if you don't know her.

zacagay, matthew. and nikkysan like this.
  7. I will never understand why people wear their ignorance like a badge of pride. The arrogance of thinking "I haven't heard of her so she must be undeserving".

phily693, Rem, Bangers&Bops and 27 others like this.
  8. So proud of her! Let me listen once again.

andru likes this.
  9. A genuine pop justice occurred today. It is such a deserving win - easily my favourite album of 2018. It sounds timeless.

x

mcuk, Firewalker, andru and 1 other person like this.
  10. YAAAATH!!! That’s my girl! I’m so pleased she won Album. Truly haven’t had an album click for me like this in years.

11. So well deserved! It’s amazing to see Queen Kacey getting the recognition that she has more than earned. “Rainbow” has me in a sobbing ball in the bottom of the tub as I shower this morning. Truly an incredible album.

RUNAWAY, Kuhleezi, andru and 3 others like this.
  12. I feel so proud of her. Those wins couldn’t have happened to a nicer, more deserving person.

andru and Smooth Criminal like this.
  13. Totally over the moon, I came to the album late last year but it grew to become one of my favourites and it's so deserving.

mcuk and andru like this.
  14. Golden Hour was instant love on release day and it easily became my AOTY and one of my all-time favorites, but listening to it this morning was like yet another epiphany. Legends only.

"You got me smiling with tears in my eyes"

15. Sometimes you cry over your morning coffee.

But let pop justice roll down like waters.

mcuk likes this.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Rem, RUNAWAY, aaronhansome and 17 others like this.
  17. Just coming in to echo everyone else's happiness at this winning Album of the Year. As with many others here, I feel like it's the first album in a long time that has connected with me on this level, and I feel it's a very special piece of work. I'm so glad I saw the praise for it in this thread earlier in the year and went to check it out.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  18. So so happy it swept the Grammys! Far and away the best album of last year, and I hope this keeps her star rising steadily in the future. What a woman.

19. Now that’s a pop justice!

andru likes this.
  20. My mother would be so happy if my face was constantly happy the way it was watching her trying to organise the 4 on her arms. I love her so much!

I'm so sad I wasn't on the Golden Hour train when she played in Ireland (I know, it's not that long ago!), but hopefully she comes back soon.

I didn't really realise how major this was, that she could have, now has album of the year, as in the biggest award of the night. So special. Gonna go home and spin this on vinyl later.

Also, the Rainbow video.

speedyboi, mcuk and andru like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.