Kacey Musgraves - Golden Hour | Page 105 | The Popjustice Forum

Kacey Musgraves - Golden Hour

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Remember when most of PopJustice were the people posting I don’t know her gifs? Time flies.

Rem, BeingBoring, eddy2375 and 31 others like this.
  2. The video for Rainbow turns an already emotional song up to eleven.

Wherever she goes next, it’s going to be one hell of a ride.

I’m wondering if the label will want a 1989? Something tells me she won’t do anything quite so ‘pop’, but I could see her doing something like Sheryl Crow’s self-titled album.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  3. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

The weekend we all stanned this album when it came out was the forum highlight of 2018. This feels like our win.

4. Fff let's live our hipster "we liked her before the rest of you did" fantasies sis x

While you listen to AOTY-winner Golden Hour, Go stream Same Trailer, Different Park and Pageant Material on your music platform of choice!

[​IMG]

5. I still can't believe she won. I'm so fucking happy for her.

[​IMG]

6. Golden Hour is obviously her best work, but Late To The Party remains THAT song.

7. R92

R92

Did anyone try the Die Fun? I thought the Die Fun was heart wrenching and warm and a supreme piece of songwriting.

8. Rainbow is a cute activist but Follow Your Arrow threw the first brick.

9. Discovering Miss Kacene thanks to some truly ahead of their time gays was one of the best things to come out of my Tumblr experience. Glad most everyone else has seen the light x

Rem, RUNAWAY, heavymetalGAGA and 10 others like this.
  10. I think I became a Mussy after Pitchfork reviewed Pageant Material. I remember my mate (who I would later meet her with this tour) and I kicking ourselves for not getting to see her in Glasgow, then I moved to Asia. It's been a journey!
    [​IMG]
    #promo

11. I fell in love with Kacey when she was plopped into the center-of-nowhere stage of the 2014 Grammys with her neon cacti and light-up cowgirl boots singing Follow Your Arrow. I was charmed by her performance, and then stanned when she defeated the Evil Overlord of Country (at the time) Taylor Swift for Best Country Album and Song. Downloaded the album for my drive home to Minnesota the next day and haven't looked back.

Seeing her winning last night, 5 years later but on the same stage, was the single most rewarding stan moment I've had since Gaga performed on her first Grammys. Talent TRULY won.

12. Not to alarm you guys but Golden Hour has dethroned Ariana’s new album and is sitting at #1 on iTunes right now.

13. LTG

LTG

Her singing that at the Grammys when I stayed up to watch Beyoncé plus Madonna blessing gay marriage made me a Muskrat

mcuk, RUNAWAY, lushLuck and 5 others like this.
  14. It would honestly be iconic if she snatched the #1 from Ari but it will never happen.

15. Rem, Hyrulian, RUNAWAY and 9 others like this.
  16. I will not be held responsible for the flops my country has been bringing since 2006

Rem, pop3blow2, andru and 2 others like this.
  17. I still remember my college roommate buying Same Trailer Different Park on release week after he heard Merry Go Round. That weekend we had a four hour car ride and spent most of that time pouring over the album; Silver Lining’s second chorus reduced my lonely bumpkin self to tears and I’ve stanned ever since. Seeing her win Album of the Year when I was certain she’d eventually be shut out of mainstream music completely will probably remain my favorite moment in music for 2019.

Rem, zacagay, RainOnFire and 32 others like this.
  18. 2014

2014 Moderator

What a fucking woman, what a perfect winner. This album is a true wonder and my God I'm so happy for her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.