Kacey Musgraves - Golden Hour | Page 118 | The Popjustice Forum

Kacey Musgraves - Golden Hour

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Dec 11, 2017.

1. I'm happy for her, if a little surprised that this was the song to do it.

2. It was the main song highlighted in the Grammy telethon.

3. Rainbow haters lost.

4. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

Despite what I previously thought, my good sis Wikipedia tells me that Pageant Material pretty much earned the same amount of accolades as Same Trailer Different Park... but the album didn't sell as well, and in general, I don't think it's too far-fetched to think that there was a moment in time (probably after Biscuits and Dime Store Cowgirl went nowhere while both Merry Go Round and Follow Your Arrow gained some traction) where it seemed like she'd eventually just be... over. At least, to me. Whatever that was supposed to mean at the time.

I don't think I'm ever going to stop feeling so completely proud of how she's managed to spin her entire career narrative around, without radio getting on her side like they should've, with an Album of the Year win under her belt, and now with her first chart entry in six years. She's so deserving of all of it.

5. Not that she wasn't always fully in control of her lyrics and sound, but I'm sure knowing that radio weren't going to play her regardless, gave her the confidence to do whatever the fuck she wanted on this album.

6. Judah & the Lion is hit and miss. But their peaks are great (see: Our Love, Hesitate, Forever Always, Suit and Jacket). They’re a folk band with alt and country leanings. Really glad to see they got Kacey on a track, it’s a great fit.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  7. The songwriting is a little suspect here but Kacey sounds bloody glorious, I would love to hear a solo Kacey version.

8. I listened to Golden Hour again this morning after a bit of a break from it and it's still one of the most soothing albums I know. It's such a healing listen, if that makes sense.

9. The ally we deserve.

andru, Andy French and lushLuck like this.
  10. Relatable.

11. Beautiful!

12. Perfection.

13. Is there anyone more gorgeous and talented?

Jwentz and 2014 like this.
  14. 2014

2014 Moderator

[​IMG]

my avatar stays winning x

15. Me.

Andy French, Heartthrob and Floppie like this.
  16. I used a first date as an opportunity to promote this tonight.

The little Musgraver jumped out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.