Kacey Musgraves - star-crossed | The Popjustice Forum

Kacey Musgraves - star-crossed

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by KamikazeHeart, Feb 11, 2021.

1. This new article for the Rolling Stone seems like a good time to start talking about the follow-up to the album of our generation.

2. Been wondering when we'd hear word of a new album. Golden Hour remains incredible but I'm super eager for new material - it feels like a lifetime since it was released.

godspeed and boombazookajoe like this.
  3. Golden Hour is a masterpiece. So excited for this.

4. Hope Kacey explores the Neon Moon/Easy sound, her voice is gorgeous over synths.

5. I've been listening to Golden Hours constantly the last months. It's amazing I have listened to it so many times and I'm still not bored of it. I'm very excited for a new album though, she's just so talented.

6. Obsessed with that RS cover!

Can't wait for this album.

7. I'm ready. Bach is interesting since she has such an incredible knack for instruments and musicianship (I don't know what else to call it nn). Her live show was impeccably arranged.

8. Feed me, mama. I’m hungry!

2014 likes this.
  9. Glad to hear she's working with Daniel Tashain again who co-wrote/produced some of the best songs on Golden Hour (Slow Burn, Oh What A World, the title track, Happy & Sad, etc..)

10. That cover is... not good.

11. I’d love a Grecian tragedy themed album.

12. Most anticipated release this year, along with Lorde. She’s going to annihilate us all, and I can’t wait to thank her for doing so.

Heartthrob likes this.
  13. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

For some reason it doesn't feel like Golden Hour came out all that long ago, it low-key blows my mind that it came out early 2018 because it feels much more recent than that to me. That being said, I'm definitely not complaining about new music, and I can't wait for this.

14. I agree... To me, Golden Hour has a very timeless feel, which I think plays a huge part on what you just said...

lushLuck and xOJakeXo like this.
  15. Perched for Silver Lining.

I love the idea of "catharsis is a moving target", and how she admits she's in a "night period" after her golden hour, but is content in this space because she knows the light will eventually return.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  16. The Rolling Stone photoshoot my god

Attached Files:

nooniebao likes this.
  17. ADM

ADM

Golden Hour is one of my top albums ever, an absolute classic masterpiece. I hope she comes back to Ireland because I shamefully hadn’t discovered her last time she was here.

GH x Neon Moon + Easy sounds like heaven.

lushLuck likes this.
  18. Kacey talking about her picks as her biggest female icons and influences: Dolly Parton, Selena, Sade, and Cher

19. She spent my M&G talking about Greek cheese, so yes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.