Kacey Musgraves - star-crossed | Page 30 | The Popjustice Forum

Kacey Musgraves - star-crossed

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by KamikazeHeart, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Genuinely can’t believe someone OK’d that hideous album cover. The concept is fine, but the execution is just awful.

Loving the title track though. So excited for this to come out!

2. Oh my goddddd. I’m late to the party but this made my 2021. It’s going to be the perfect fall/winter album campaign isn’t it?

Andrew likes this.
  3. But why is the writing on the cassettes upside down?

4. According to an insider on Pulse, Justified is coming on Friday.

5. This release might be my most anticipated of the year so far? And it came out of nowhere??? I really love an album rollout where the album follows quick after the announcement and the promotion continues after the release. That most of these pop girls and labels are allergic to that kind of release strategy (when it clearly works in many many cases). I'm also so ready for new material to mend my broken heart and it's exciting not knowing the sonic journey she's about to take us on.

iRyan, heavymetalGAGA, Nigel and 5 others like this.
  6. I knew from the IG clips that I was gonna love this because I am a slut for ethereal choirs and the opening already had me in goosebumps. The outro had me tearing up. I have no idea what that Spacial Audio thingy Apple is doing is... but I just know this would sound amazing in it cause the guitar, the trumpet, the bass and those synths must feel like flying.

The trailer is giving me Kill Bill but make it CAMP.

What a way to come back.

7. ññññ sorry for the double post but

Kacey really said

[​IMG]

And Symone! The gaggerini is real.

rufus, bakerboy92, Sail On and 40 others like this.
  8. I can’t wait for this! Trailer is giving me Kill Bill/Baz Luhrmann’s R&J/Mean Girls. And the song… what an intro to the album.

9. I should have figured she'd find a way to weave humor, camp, and the gays into her divorce album, but the entire package (so far) has me smiling. I'm glad she seems to be in a good place, all things considered.

Gagging at her saying this in the Zane Lowe interview: "You saw my highlight reel with Golden Hour, and this is the other side of that. And there are beautiful parts of that, too."

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  10. The Haunting of Hill House/You actress rounding out that group is not something I would have expected.

Trinu 3.0 likes this.
  11. bfffffffff I didn't recognise her and now I remember her story and I'm crying

[​IMG]

Kacey really meant it with that FALL APART

Island, Alenko, R92 and 7 others like this.
  12. Me finding the title track relatable and almost starting to cry, even though I've never been in a proper two-sided relationship

[​IMG]

13. Signed CDs are up on Amazon UK. Just grabbed one.

mpl, LPMA, andru and 11 others like this.
  14. Must’ve missed them.

LPMA, wodny and bonnieetclyde like this.
  16. I literally locked the doors, turned the lights off, sat on the floor and put my headphones on to listen to star-crossed for the first time and, well…
    [​IMG]

17. Wasn't able to order one in NL, I'll try my UK huntie friends.

Any EU stores selling the half clear half lavender vinyl? That one would be nice.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  18. “No image available”

Amazon being sensible and not scaring off potential buyers.

19. Thank you! My friend from UK has ordered it for me and then he will send it to Poland. Yay. You made my day.

blaze_dave likes this.
  20. Imagine if it turns out as pretty as the What's Your Pleasure Platinum Pleasure slipcase. We could win.

[​IMG]

mpl, blaze_dave and spaceship like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.