Kacey Musgraves - star-crossed | Page 83 | The Popjustice Forum

Kacey Musgraves - star-crossed

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by KamikazeHeart, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Why does the Breadwinner video weirdly feel so much more personable than the movie.

2. You should be falling apart. You are doing it wrong.

RebelFingers, Stopremix and lushLuck like this.
  3. I’ve spent most of the last year (divorce) drunk and rolling around listening to break-up albums. Bih, I already fell apart.

4. 2014

2014 Staff Member

That Breadwinner video is full to the brim with star power! My top 3 keeps changing but right now it’s Simple Times, Breadwinner and There Is A Light.

5. Breadwinner reminds me so much of...Ariana? I think it's the strings and airy production. 34+35, positions, etc.

6. I deserve the worst because the strings at the start reminds me of Julia Michaels.

7. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

'Justified' has re-entered at #2 on the Bubbling Under and 'Simple Times' is new at #15 on the same chart.

I was hoping for a Hot 100 entry, but considering it took until a Grammy win for AOTY + performance for 'Rainbow' to even hit #98, these two tracks finding some success is exciting enough.

aaronhansome, Alenko, ItBeats and 6 others like this.
  8. Justified is also #43 on US Hot AC radio this week and continuing to see a substantial increase in adds and spins. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility to make a single from this hit for her, but the strategy will have to be a rather focused long con.

If they stick with pushing Justified, its video seeing her drive through all four seasons will look very smart in hindsight considering it could linger and peak anytime across the length of the campaign. Mind of a mastermind!

9. The album has a lot of radio friendly songs. Simple Times and Justified deserves a space on radio.

10. My split vinyl showed up today and it's stunnnninngggg.

Also, the hype sticker on the vinyl says there will be a "bring this vinyl to life" on AR, with kaceymusgraves.com/vinyl, but it's coming soon.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  11. I'm still convincing myself that violet pairs nicely with orange-y red?

12. RMK

RMK

Her man has great legs.

380A72F7-5A03-4733-9ACD-54CDBA6FCECB.jpeg

Alenko, Floppie, joe_alouder and 24 others like this.
  13. In case he ever needs to get on his high horse.

What a fine young mayn.

Txetxu likes this.
  14. Fall apart September legs.

mcuk and xOJakeXo like this.
  15. Ugh, he's perfection. Kacey is *winning*.

16. My Amazon UK order just turned up and they sent me an unsigned copy, and of course they're now sold-out. Ugh.

Edit: Oh wait is the signature inside the booklet/poster?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    KatesBush likes this.
  17. Are you sure - the signed part of the Amazon CD was a little fold out mini poster inside, rather than the cover, so I’d double check before returning it! It’s not obvious though when they show the mock-up as the cover signed on the website!

18. Yeah I just opened it and saw the signature, I was assuming the cover would be signed!

andru likes this.
  19. I find myself at random times of the day just wanting to scream "GOD HELP ME BE A GOOD WIFE!"
    [​IMG]

20. Am I the only one here who bought a Star Crossed lollipop?

We love an aggressively gay merch moment.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.