Kacey Musgraves - star-crossed | Page 89 | The Popjustice Forum

Kacey Musgraves - star-crossed

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by KamikazeHeart, Feb 11, 2021.

1. TRAVVV, Wishlight, jojo335 and 3 others like this.
  2. This is getting a lot of traction... more than I was anticipating actually

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    lushLuck likes this.
  3. Hmmm. I’m not sure how I feel about this whole “genre” drama.

HippoSteaks and lushLuck like this.
  4. It should be eligible for country, this is ridiculous. The Shammys remain as dumb as ever.

5. Country Music™️ is so uncomfy.

6. If anything, this story getting this traction puts a spotlight on how corrupt and subject the nominee committees are, which to be honest I hadn't thought about how the members could be working to influence the success of artists they're associated with. Seems like a "duh" but I also haven't given the Grammys much thought lately.

Ultimately this will probably just give her a streaming boost in itself with people either curious about which genre it falls within, or rushing to scream about how uncountry it is.

lushLuck likes this.
  7. This is NOT a country album BUT if this is getting judged by that standard more than half of what you hear on country radio and gets nominated isn’t even “country” anymore so they really need to classify what exactly constitutes the genre, be transparent with the rules please Ms Shammys.

8. Country is basically Pop now-a-days so the shut out is a little baffling unless they don’t want to give her awards.

lushLuck likes this.
  9. Yay, new performance this week!

inevitable, ALEX, Alenko and 11 others like this.
  10. My vinyl finally arrived and fuck, it’s so beautiful. I still wish the streaming cover was the back/insert picture instead of the front but it works so well on vinyl. The split record is beautiful but the sound quality isn’t blowing me away.

Still one of the best albums of the year for me.

lushLuck and Lapras like this.
  11. 2014

2014 Staff Member

nbtsa, Andy French, wodny and 3 others like this.

13. Tune in! The $ emoji has me thinking she's performing 'breadwinner'.

lushLuck, Euphoria and inevitable like this.
  14. It was a bunch of photos of her performing with country icons.

15. Absolutely!

Lapras, JXCK94, Guyhawke! and 13 others like this.
  16. Great performance but that jacket and hat need to go.

17. "if this was a movie.." has to be the next performance!

18. Serving East 17, yes Kacey.

nbtsa, lushLuck and wodny like this.
  19. cherry blossom or good wife for next perf, s'il vous plaît!

20. I've spent a lot of time with this album lately and I kind of see it as the evermore to Golden Hour's folklore - the highs don't reach as high, but it's really strong front to back. And these days I'm really here for a super solid, no-skip affair.

If nitpicking I would say she could/should have left off what doesn't kill me, which is inessential and interrupts the more upbeat closing section after that lengthy run of ballads from camera roll to hookup scene. But a great record, honestly. I'm really curious to see how she keeps the campaign alive for a full year or so.

Come&GetIt24 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.