Kacey Musgraves - star-crossed | Page 90 | The Popjustice Forum

Kacey Musgraves - star-crossed

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by KamikazeHeart, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Love this, the song is totally elevated live.

2. I just love listening to her voice live so much

That outfit though... it looked way better on the paparazzi shots with the jacket zipped down

lushLuck likes this.
  3. The burglar from Home Alone did not come to play with you girls.

4. She saw this ad and knew she needed to up her look game.

[​IMG]

Island, nbtsa, aaronhansome and 4 others like this.
  5. Isn’t she mocking the way Ruston dresses? Dddddd

6. She’s seemingly hesitant to drag him so I wouldn’t make that connection.

7. I thought so, too, but it’s just like…

It felt very on-the-nose to me, but I could be wrong!

8. Another perfect live performance. She's so consistent, and I love the 'Golden Hour' style rollout with different songs from the album being showcased across the promo schedule.

x

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    Island, nbtsa, johnny_tsunami and 6 others like this.
  9. Meanwhile, it’s also at #24 on Hot AC and #39 on Top 40!

10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Oh wow that still.

11. Clever idea to slowly roll out the videos from the 'Star-Crossed' film on her YouTube page rather than putting them up all at once.

x

RMK, wodny, Laurence and 3 others like this.
  12. They are unexpectedly good! I've never really cared for her songs but just last weekend, my housemate decided it was time for an intervention and made me watch the 'Star-Crossed' film and I was pleasantly surprised. It was cohesive, very beautifully shot and the songs were so good that I ordered her vinyl.

wodny, jojo335 and HairBodyFace like this.
  13. It’s kinda impossible to improve on “good in a glass, good on green, good when you’re putting your hands all over me”, huh.

14. Kacey has been nominated for 'Favorite Female Country Artist' at the American Music Awards, and for 'The Country Artist of 2021' and 'The Album of 2021' at the People's Choice Awards

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  15. Variety has confirmed that Kacey submitted Camera Roll to Song of the Year and Record of the Year at the Grammys (in addition to Country Song and Performance) instead of Justified which seems....odd.

wodny, aux, VivaForever and 2 others like this.
  16. RMK

RMK

camera roll really is that standout bop, and works well (I guess?) for the country categories. I don't think she's going to pull out a win for song of the year, but maybe being a frontrunner for country will get a general field nom.

heavymetalGAGA likes this.
  17. The following demos leaked:

18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This album is such a triumph - it was always going to be a tall order, but what a great follow-up to Golden Hour.

ItBeats, jbnd05, Bobbyrae and 14 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.