Kali Uchis - ORQUÍDEAS

After being disappointed with Red Moon In Venus
23360.jpg

Not as immediate on first listen as Red Moon or Sin Miedo were, which is fine because I know very well by Tomorrow night I’ll be utterly obsessed.

I just have to switch out No Hay Ley Parte 2. I’m sorry. It just doesn’t have that kunt punch the original has!

Another stellar LP! Full on Kuchi 4-lyfe!

Last edited:
I’ve had about 3 listens of this so far but ¿Como Así? is already hitting those signature Kuchi pleasure receptors in a big way. Adore it.

Seems on first impressions like yet another stellar release from her. I love stanning legends with impeccable quality control like Kali. I can already tell this will be on repeat all weekend.

Her Top 2 favorite songs on the album are Como Asi and Heladito. Twinning! Rare for an artist to have taste in their own music!

She describes the next album (which is done) as "soulful", "oldies-inspired", "her most existential and vulnerable" and that she "slows it down". She says she worked on it throughout her entire pregnancy, while grieving things that happened last year, and also trying to heal childhood wounds.

Her Top 2 favorite songs on the album are Como Asi and Heladito. Twinning! Rare for an artist to have taste in their own music!

She describes the next album (which is done) as "soulful", "oldies-inspired", "her most existential and vulnerable" and that she "slows it down". She says she worked on it throughout her entire pregnancy, while grieving things that happened last year, and also trying to heal childhood wounds.

An artist.

Reactions: X/S
Why am I still surprised to realize she never misses, whenever there’s a new album? She just doesn’t.

This is great! Me Pongo Loca and Igual Que Un Ángel are my favourites.

I've always enjoyed her but never really stanned but this is a really excellent record. Even the less captivating songs are a vibe and it starts and closes incredibly strongly.

Great start to the year for releases.