Kali Uchis - Sin Miedo [2nd Album] | The Popjustice Forum

Kali Uchis - Sin Miedo [2nd Album]

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Noir, Feb 7, 2015.

1. No PJ love for Kali? She's sort of an Odd Future/OFWGKTA-fied soul singer from Colombia (!) who makes amazing pop music. This is what she looks like:

And that's the music video for one of her best songs, Know What I Want.

She's just dropped Por Vida, which is her first 'big' project/mixtape/EP/album. It features production by Tyler the Creator and it's incredible. And you can grab it for free! http://www.kaliuchis.com/porvida/

This is what Tyler had to say about Kali:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  2. Re: Kali Uchis - Por Vida (Free Download)

Based on Know What I Want she has a lot of promise. One to watch for sure.

3. Re: Kali Uchis - Por Vida (Free Download)

Oh I read the title too quickly and thought it was about Kali Mutsa (another amazing Latin hipster popstar...).

She looks uncannily like Xtina in the Your Body video in that pic.

edit: I love the "(Free Download)" in the title, so 2000-and-late vintage.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  4. Re: Kali Uchis - Por Vida (Free Download)

Speed's the only dud and everything else is flawless.

5. Re: Kali Uchis - Por Vida (Free Download)

This has been out for a while now, but I forgot to share it here. It's the music video for Rush, one of the best songs from Por Vida:

It's very Tarantino. And the song is amazing.

I'm currently obsessed with Kali Uchis. I think she's one of the most promising popstars out right now.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  6. Thanks Noir - I like it.

7. You're welcome!

Here's Kali performing an acoustic version of Loner, another brilliant song from Por Vida:

Don't sleep on this one, Popjustice! It's very, very good.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    TRAVVV likes this.
  8. Another killer music video by Kali via Dazed.

Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

Island and TRAVVV like this.
  9. Alright, it's just me talking to myself at this point, but Kali's re-recorded one of her tracks with DJ Dahi and now it's super pop: https://m.soundcloud.com/kaliuchis/ridin-round

This is going to be her next single and the music video is coming out very soon. I guess that's probably what I'm going to post next as part IV of my monologue.

10. Por Vida is very decent, I want a bit more uumph from her vocals to bring it to the next level but everything is pretty smooth so far. Rush and Know What I Want are clearly the two standouts.

11. And here's the video for the new version of Ridin Round:

It's AMAZING. Also, the track is out as a proper single, so it's on Spotify and stuff. Bop.

Jersey likes this.
  12. Damn, I love her. Is it too early to ask for new music?

13. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I didn't realize she had a thread! Team Kali.

Island and Noir like this.
  14. Thanks to @Noir 's stannage, I am now obsessed with Loner. How magical is that video? Very Criminal 2016.

Noir likes this.
  15. Nor did I! Hello, world.

ohnostalgia and Noir like this.
  16. She released a new song entitled "Only Girl" about a week ago. It's very, very nice! It was produced by Kaytranada.

17. And here's the video:

Amazing.

Kali is on VEVO now and is gearing up for debut album release (hopefully this year?).

Thoughts? Bop or not? @fancygreen @TRAVVV @Petty Mayonnaise @ohnostalgia @Jersey @backstreetjoe @Robinho#1 @Raisin Hell @DarkSacoura @Vasilios @imperialsteroid @anfunny2003 @Sanctuary @Mr.Arroz @Euphoria @Bobbyrae @strangekin @Lander (hopefully all this tagging isn't against the rules - I only included users that I believe might find this somewhat enjoyable based on other music they like sorry if this bothers any you).

Island, TRAVVV, Mr Blonde and 5 others like this.
  18. Never heard of her before

19. My gay soul wasn't ready!

*clutches pearls*

aleksssa and Noir like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.