Kali Uchis - Sin Miedo [2nd Album] | Page 29 | The Popjustice Forum

Kali Uchis - Sin Miedo [2nd Album]

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Noir, Feb 7, 2015.

1. I’m putting Aquí Yo Mando at the end and it’s a great album. It’s not a bad song but it doesn’t flow in the middle.

2. This is a gorgeous album. I think it’s the best she’s sounded vocally? I’m loving telepatia and via con dios the most.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  3. This is so good, I almost prefer it to Isolation on first listen?

4. Wait, why did this get released on a Wednesday?

Euphoria likes this.
  5. I love how cinematic parts of this album are. It sounds like a Pedro Almodóvar film

6. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Need to get into this! Her voice is just...something else.

7. Kali is such a gift.

I do wonder how the original album would have turned out when she said Solita was the lead back in December.

She also mentioned at that point it wouldn’t have any features as she wanted to stand on her own after putting a few collabs on Isolation.

Either way I’m very happy with it.

Trouble in Paradise and ysev like this.
  8. This is so, so good. I love how the whole album flows and how much thought there's been put in the tracklist order and how the songs pour onto each other. It's sexy, her voice sounds like honey, the run from 'Telepatía' to the end is absolutely bulletproof - the Tainy produced tracks are lit - and I love how early Lana del Rey 'vaya con dios' is. So, so good.

9. Yeah I'm with y'all in that this is immediately among her best work. I'm loving all of it but the back half in particular is just otherworldly.

10. This album is another masterpiece. Everything flows so well, the little details and subgenres are beautiful. Kali Uchis is a blessing for the world.

11. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

It’s actually clicked into place for me now, this is a knockout album.

12. Please let’s praise the thousand ways she is using her voice on this album.

tea, flowersandu, BreatheBox and 4 others like this.
  13. Her Diva Plavalaguna serve on 'fue mejor' :

take a little si̷͌p, take a little pu̷̾ff
    _o _
    don't want to think don’t want to talk, no
    _o __aa_
    is it enō̵̗ugh is it too mu̴͌ch, oh
    i’m not this i'm not done
    *_ethereal_car_screech_*

14. This is so good on first listen. I’m loving how she’s using her voice in so many different ways.

La luna enamorada, aguardente y limon, vaya con dios and telepatía are my favourites.

15. Now this, this is a great album. I love how she switches from Spanish and English with such ease and fluidity. Everything about this sounds like a sexy sunset.

tea and godspeed like this.
  16. That song has the best phrase on the entire album.

“There are things that get tattooed without ink” . It sounds better in Spanish.

Vitamin and askew like this.
  17. After spending the day slamming it to Shygirl and Megan, this felt like a hot shower after sex that steams up when he joins again. I couldn’t even tell you what songs are my favorite after two full play throughs cause it’s just so cohesive and so full

tea, Jonathan27, 2014 and 2 others like this.
  18. She's the only artist that makes reggaeton listenable. I'm enjoying this new album very much.

Arcadeblues_ likes this.
  19. Those vocal acrobatics when she’s adlibing “fue mejor”... Sweet Jesus.

20. Isolation is a masterpiece but this is her best body of work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.