Kanye West - The Life of Pablo | Page 166 | The Popjustice Forum

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Anathema, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been on a Kanye trip today. I think he peaked with Dark Twisted Fantasy, but every album has something to offer. It's so rare for a hip hop act to make it to eight albums and to keep the quality high and to keep pushing forward with new sounds, I really appreciate that from him. I'd like a whole album in the vain of Lost In The World with that almost-disco vibe. Fell in love with Homecoming and Flashing Lights again too.

2. Not to be pedantic but...

Has any artist EVER managed 8 albums of such quality in a row? Genuinely. I can't think of a single one...

Kanye is under-appreciated even by his own fans, it seems!

3. I think Kanye is one of those artists that transcends genre - he blurs the traditional lines that exist and like he said at Glastonbury "I am the greatest rock star on the planet". I really think he was and will always be one of the greatest "rock stars" on the planet. The fact he raps is just his delivery, his choice of instrument and sonic aesthetic. He's a real artist.

Isobel, Mikal, Remyky22 and 2 others like this.
  4. This 8 albums in a row talk actually has me legitimately stumped, shocked, and about to delve back in and listen to all of them again. What a man.

Mikal, yoyobuffalo and Remyky22 like this.
  5. Can we get a fucking collab?

6. He's tweeting.

Secret likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.