Karen Harding - Say Something | The Popjustice Forum

Karen Harding - Say Something

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Queen Majesty, Aug 23, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

Say Something

The song is heavily influenced by 90's R&B and UK house. Karen has signed to Method Records, home to Disclosure and Friend Within. MNEK wrote and produced this gem, which is to be released on October 19.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  2. I love this. When it finally kicks in! The slow, synth and emptiness was a bit of a wait!

3. Video:
    [video=youtube;SiwgvQA8ksE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiwgvQA8ksE[/video]

Single's been pushed back to 14th December (hopefully radio will get on board?). Oh, and she was on The X Factor last year but got kicked out at boot camp (sacrificial lamb in the 'six chair challenge').

4. God damn it. I have been waiting for this since the PJSC, hopefully they can make it a hit.

Same tactic should have been done with Moko to be honest.

5. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

One of the greatest songs in recent memory.

6. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I loves it, can't wait to download it!!!

7. This is fucking great. It's diva yet very UK garage/Disclosure-ish.

Seems a bit faceless though.

8. Why are we not funding this?

And his her voice somehow autotuned? It sounds jerky.

9. I thought this was the SCD professional/judge....that's Karen Hardy isn't it! Ignore me.

10. Despite the low budget affair of the MV, it's still manages to capture the essence of the song.

11. This is bladdy brilliant.

12. She's in the studio with Tom Aspaul (of "Indiana" as covered by Kylie fame) and Red Triangle, who did some tracks on Cheryl's Only Human.

This is all very exciting.

13. Imagine my disappointment when I went to the iTunes Store to purchase "Say Something" only to find it's been pushed back to 25th January...

14. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

It keeps getting pushed back every month. November, December, January, etc.

15. I hope they'll start getting her performances, it's too good of a song to let it just flop. Same thing could be said with Moko's Your Love but most of us know how that ended up..

16. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Oooooh it's been added to Radio 1's playlist!

It's coming (finally!)

17. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

That is wonderful news. Hope it charts well.

18. Massive tune.

19. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Oooh it's currently top 10 on UK iTunes. PopJustice!!!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.