Kate Bush - General Mysteriousness Thread | Page 102 | The Popjustice Forum

Kate Bush - General Mysteriousness Thread

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by tommie, Jan 14, 2007.

1. I still can't get over the good reductions of these two sets to be honest.

andru and Eric Generic like this.
  2. I can't get over the fact if I'd have waited 6 months I could've saved £150 on the 4 vinyl boxsets!

3. Yes, that must be annoying, I give it that too!

Jacques and Eric Generic like this.
  4. I have the last vinyl box, but I just bought the albums separately and saved myself about £120!

Jacques, Eric Generic and aux like this.
  5. aux

aux

This is exactly what I did

P'NutButter likes this.
  6. So the Cloudbusting picture disc has been #1 on the vinyl and physical sales charts for two weeks now, nice!

There were rumoured to be only 750 copies, but I think we can safely discount that: I'm pretty sure I've seen more than 750 copies of it myself during trips to record shops in France and UK over the last fortnight (I've also seen it on sale here in Spain, and it wasn't supposed to even be on sale here...)

aux, Jacques, P'NutButter and 3 others like this.
  7. I think I may have to re watch Running Up The Hill: The Kate Bush Story again. Really is one of the best BBC music documentaries I think.

Eric Generic and andru like this.
  8. BBC4 get criticised for repeating all their old music docs, but I think it's great. No harm in making these available to watch on a regular basis, because there are so many absolute gems in the archives.

mcuk, WhatKindOfKylie? and Blaahh like this.
  9. Exactly, and if it helps bring new fans or at least admirers on board, it's a job well done.

Eric Generic likes this.

10. The launch of the Sky Channel back in 1983 (!), broadcasting to Swindon (?!!) with a special guest...

11. What a find! I will happily watch this.

12. I’m not gonna say the reductions pissed me off but....

The reductions have pissed me off. Less so for Pt.1 as I thought I got my money’s worth. It’s more about Pt. 2, which was only worth it for the rarities.

13. It JUST hit me today that the actual difference between them is a printing error on the glossy 'The Dreaming' cover. Her name 'Kate Bush' is barely visible! This has been corrected on the matte finished product and is probably the reason why there are 2 kinds of boxes.

biffy77, Eric Generic and andru like this.
  14. Are the Box 2's matte or glossy?

15. aux

aux

They all seem to be glossy.

biffy77 and Eric Generic like this.
  16. Faceintheleaves, andru, aux and 3 others like this.
  17. JonBcn likes this.
  18. Fuck, the shipping cost from FNAC is gross. Also, it's gonna be the remix of "Ne t'enfuis pas", right?

19. Really? They only charged me €3 to deliver to Spain, which I thought was great.

20. Non-EU resident, unfortunately. Last time I checked, it was €26... But let's try again.
    ~edit: Indeed, that was the cost once again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.