Kate Bush | Page 143 | The Popjustice Forum

Kate Bush

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by tommie, Jan 14, 2007.

1. I’ve never once thought of Running Up That Hill or Cloudbusting (or any others for that matter) as being too short! In fact, I like the 2012 version of RUTH with the 12” intro edited in. And the video version of Cloudbusting is much better than the shorter regular version.

However, I will say that some of the tracks on both Director’s Cut and 50 Words For Snow are too long. Wild Man is OK at that length but some of the others I get quite bored of. Snowflake just has the same few lines from Kate repeated, the rest is Bertie. And the Director’s Cut version of Deeper Understanding outstays its welcome at six and a half minutes.

RidesOnTheBreeze likes this.
  2. The only Kate track that really needs shortened is Shoedance. Shortened to oblivion, preferably.

YourLeadSinger and JonBcn like this.
  3. Much of what puts me of 50 Words For Snow, is the sheer overly long length. No need I think.

4. It's a shame she didn't let more out from the vault during the remasters era. I'm still desperate to hear the Never For Ever title track.

5. This. I've never been more desperate to hear anything.

6. Surprisingly It was recorded during Lionheart but held back. Apparently it was just Kate, the piano and orchestral strings. Andrew Powell says it was the best track he worked on but Kate hated her vocal on it. Guess all these years later she still does? Gutting.

7. They are fine for a 12" mix.

VivaForever likes this.
  8. From an interview with Big Boi this month: https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/big-bo...veals-3-killer-mike-features-news.137275.html

Apparently there’s also been a tweet from him that we’ll hear it “this year”.

9. Kate and OutKast are two of my all-time faves, so I'm really excited about the Big Boi duet. It has the potential to be absolutely incredible.

10. I wonder if she's asked him to wait because she'll arrive with new material herself around the same time? Just a feeling.

11. Well, it has been almost 10 years-so you never know!

12. I may be growing to enjoy ‘Director’s Cut’ more, as an overall listening experience, than the two albums it looks back on. Perhaps she made some points.

dodoriazarbon, Wigworld and andru like this.
  13. Am I alone in actually thinking Lionheart is a great album?

Blaahh likes this.
  14. When listening to it for the Kate Bush rate a few years ago, I didn't find it too bad as such, contains such delights as Wow and the forever bonkers but delightfully so Hammer Horror. Just such a difficult act to follow an debut album or any album for that matter like The Kick Inside.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  15. I agree. I think if you just listen to it in isolation and don't think about when it was released on compare it to her other records it's just a fun listen with some real gems that often get overlooked.

Trouble in Paradise and lob0to like this.
  16. ‘Lionheart’ is full of enchanting compositions and it’s unfairly maligned for effectively being a Side B to ‘The Kick Inside’.

lob0to likes this.
  17. No, I love it. It’s one of my Top 5 Kate albums.

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  18. Nice to see Lionheart getting some love.

19. I love "Lionheart" too. I'd put it in my top 3 with "The Dreaming" & "Hounds Of Love".

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  20. I think it's a stunning album cover too, with that embossed font.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.