Kate Bush | Page 147 | The Popjustice Forum

Kate Bush

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by tommie, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Was this posted before?

Alan likes this.
  2. Tori Amos' new album threw me into an extended Kate & Tori weekend. I just put on 50 Words For Snow .... (I only play that in November & December). It is so, so good!!! I wish she's do a part II at some point

3. I may pop that on today. I didn't connect with it at the time but I do really enjoy it now, especially in this darker/colder weather.

4. My feelings exactly. Never quite connected with it much before to be honest.

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  5. I’ve only heard about three singles/tracks from Tori’s album but they all had me thinking ‘Kate’ as they played. Cue similar KB binge. Is the rest of the album in a similar vein?

6. Will there ever be a full new album from Kate I wonder??

7. I hope so. I have more interest in that than the new Abba album if I’m honest.

xOJakeXo likes this.
  8. I have no reason to think so, but I feel like we’ll get one more out of her.

ModeRed and andru like this.
  9. She's been recording new music on and off since 2015, so something is definitely arriving at some point. She ain't done, yet.

xOJakeXo, Sam, aux and 8 others like this.
  10. Yes, just a case of when not if I suppose.

ModeRed and Wild Man. like this.
  11. Very much so. It sounds more Kate than Tori to me.

12. With artists like Kate, Siouxsie and Grace, new music will always come as a surprise and a blessing.
    They've already given us so much but I really hope there's at least one more album in all of them.

Trouble in Paradise and lob0to like this.
  13. Yes! The opener gives me major Kate meets Divers Joanna Newsom and her vocals throughout have a similar warmth as Aerial Kate. It is firmly a Tori Amos album (the pronunciation, the piano, the outward grief) but probably the moment since “Cornflake Girl” that I most heard Kate in her music.

ModeRed likes this.
  14. If ABBA can release a new album I'm sure Kate can/will.

lob0to and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  15. Yes, not even Kate has left it as long as 40 years!

16. Yet.

lob0to and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  17. 3 more decades to go to match that!

Blaahh and iveivan like this.
  18. I do hope so. As an avid collector, with an attic full of useless Kate Bush merch, I'd love a new album to encourage me to get it all out again for a good look through!

19. the title track sounds like it’s straight off “Directors Cut”

ModeRed likes this.
  20. A new surprise Kate release would make this year in music perfect! So many of my favourite 80's and early 90's artists have released at least a new single this year

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.