Kate Bush | Page 169 | The Popjustice Forum

Kate Bush

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by tommie, Jan 14, 2007.

1. NRJ in France is playing this remix at least 8 times a day.

2. It's everywhere right now - my neighbour arrived home with his teenage son yesterday and as they climbed out of the car it was blaring ridiculously loud.

I danced as I was emptying the recycling into the bin.

3. I need proof!!

4. [​IMG]

5. Hm, seems you swapped places with some girl then

6. Oh my. What a serve.

7. That’s a pretty terrible mix but I guess the blame can fall on the fact it’s a filtered acapella.

BUT it did remind me of Kate’s proper dance hit. Maybe it’s time for Utah Saints to give us “Something Good 2022” then

8. I think that Utah Saints on my brother’s holiday mixtape for camping in France was my introduction to Kate Bush. Not even mad about it.

9. I forgot how much I love Something Good ‘08 (even though I think the vocals were recorded by someone else?).

10. One of my brothers favourite songs from his child hood is Utah Saints - Something Good, last week I played Cloudbusting to him and he was so surprised it was Kate Bush, this new resurgence in Kate has got him listening to Something Good again as it's his go-to song, while his daughters are listening to Running Up That Hill ddd.

Andrew likes this.
  11. Sorry if I've missed it.. but is there a properly remastered version on streaming that has the volume corrected? My ocd can't cope with the volume disparity in my playlists lol

zephyr likes this.
  12. I am so glad i'm not the only one upset by this. I feel like the time is now to get like a remix EP out there in the world.

ElusiveChanteuse likes this.
  13. I've had to replace Kate Bush in my chart playlist with a dance remix version released by 'Bloc and crown', that came out today.

Correct volume in a playlist is LIFE.

14. Yeah, it's a real shame as it works in that style. I've learned to ignore the LQ filtering, especially as this was remixed about 15 years ago.

15. Yeah, the vocals was someone else for 08. It does go hard despite them not getting Kate back though, the extended mix is bliss.

16. that is Kate’s mastering choice I’m afraid. It won’t ever be “corrected”. It’s purposely mastered at that volume. When you play the CD or LP and crank it up LOUD, it sounds glorious. It’s the opposite of loud and compressed.
    Unfortunately the nature of streaming means compression works well in that format. But Kate prefers analogue masters and lower volumes (which is right if you’re listening on physical formats).

It frustrates me more that she’s replaced The Big Sky with the single mix on the remaster.

17. that is Kate’s mastering choice I’m afraid. It won’t ever be “corrected”. It’s purposely mastered at that volume. When you play the CD or LP and crank it up LOUD, it sounds glorious. It’s the opposite of loud and compressed.
    Unfortunately the nature of streaming means compression works well in that format. But Kate prefers analogue masters and lower volumes (which is right if you’re listening on physical formats)

18. This is honestly amazing, I’m so happy for her and also it’s also a really great time to be a fan.

Wishlight, Sam, Overdose and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.