Kate Bush | Page 176 | The Popjustice Forum

Kate Bush

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by tommie, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Ooh, Kick Inside, 50 Words and Red Shoes get more love from me. Sensual World still leaves me cold.

Andrew and bonnieetclyde like this.
  2. I can't believe we're getting a new interview tomorrow... almost like Christmas eve. I know she'll be elusive about future plans but surely they'll ask.

3. aux

aux

I adore The Sensual World. "Love and Anger" is up there as one of my favourite Kate songs ever.

I'm not sure how I'd rank her albums, but I'd definitely say my trinity of albums from her is Hounds of Love, Aerial and The Red Shoes. I don't think I need to explain myself for Hounds of Love, it's just one of the best albums ever. Aerial, to me, is such a calming listen. I adore the instrumentation. The Red Shoes has so many great songs, "Rubberband Girl", "Lily", "Top of the City"... The whole thing just works for me. I guess I can say similarly about The Sensual World, but I think The Red Shoes edges it by a smidge.

godspeed, 1991, bonnieetclyde and 5 others like this.
  4. The good Rudys know that Never for Ever is the true underrated moment in Kate's discography.

fancygreen, Los Ageless, 1991 and 4 others like this.
  5. Be fools if they don't, be such a waste.

6. She'll either say something along the lines of "we are always working on creative things..." or she'll actually announce an album.

Kate never does an interview unless there is real purpose behind it.

7. LTG

LTG

Shame this is with the “would you nationalise sausages”/referring to the women her dad was convicted of trafficking as his “whores” woman.

8. LTG

LTG

The Dreaming
    Hounds of Love
    Aerial
    The Sensual World
    The Kick Inside
    Never for Ever
    50 Words for Snow
    The Red Shoes
    Lionheart

maybe

10. My fave.

11. I might have said this before but as a Bulgarian I really appreciate her collaborations with Trio Bulgarka on The Sensual World. Never Be Mine is magnificent and it's absolutely surreal hearing singing in Bulgarian on her album.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  12. The trailer looks epic and that remix sounds utterly magnificent. At this stage, anything less than a Prince-esque A Deal With God Suite with a 45 minute version of Running Up That Hill will be a major letdown.

Humanracin likes this.
  13. Ooh, for today it's:

Hounds of Love
    The Sensual World
    The Dreaming
    Never for Ever
    The Kick Inside
    Aerial
    The Red Shoes
    50 Words for Snow
    Lionheart
    (lets pretend Directors Cut never happened)

Trouble in Paradise and ModeRed like this.
  14. I honestly can’t believe y’all are legitimately putting Lionheart below 50 Words… (and some of you are even putting Director’s Cut ahead of it too!).

I think it’s a great counterpart to her debut and I personally enjoyed it a lot. Plus it’s home to one of my Top 5 Kate singles: “Hammer Horror”.

15. Agree. Lionheart is in my top 3. When I see it down the bottom of a listing I don’t even look at the rest.

YourLeadSinger and Brother Louie like this.
  16. I can’t rank them any other way:

Hounds of Love
    The Dreaming / The Sensual World
    Aerial
    The Red Shoes / Never For Ever
    The Kick Inside
    Lionheart / 50 Words For Snow

but I love them all

17. Hounds of Love
    The Red Shoes
    Aerial
    The Kick Inside
    The Dreaming
    Lionheart / Never for Ever / The Sensual World
    50 Words for Snow

18. I’d go with:

Hounds of Love
    Aerial
    The Dreaming
    The Kick Inside
    The Red Shoes
    Never for Ever / Lionheart
    The Sensual World
    50 Words for Snow

No matter how much I try, and despite half a dozen amazing individual songs, I just don’t get very much out of The Sensual World as a whole.

The Red Shoes is a bit of a hot mess - a bit sprawling and dense. But my god, the strong songs hit hard and are incredibly useful for life’s more difficult moments!

And I’m in the camp of pretending Director’s Cut perhaps didn’t happen. Or maybe it’s like the Value Added Material or an Easter Egg on a DVD….

19. The Dreaming
    Hounds of Love
    The Kick Inside
    Lionheart (Personally I love this album!)
    Aerial
    Never for Ever
    The Sensual World
    The Red Shoes
    50 Words for Snow

20. Do you guys reckon ''The Dreaming'' could have followed the previous three albums and had more success in the UK, had the singles run been completely different?

lucasdc and JonBcn like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.