Kate Nash - GIRL TALK (Album) & Death Proof (Single) | The Popjustice Forum

Kate Nash - GIRL TALK (Album) & Death Proof (Single)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by inanotherlife, Nov 19, 2012.

1. It's nice to have her back. I was one of those people who hated her first album and loved her second one. Sadly, this new song does nothing for me.

2. Did the label drop her after her second album underperformed?

3. It's a bit like Blondie, if Blondie were monotone and talentless.

4. Yeah.

Not giving my money to this.

5. She bought herself out of her contract - she has been songwriting for others though, apparently she co-wrote a Willow Smith song.

6. Pledged towards the album, need some new Kate in my life.

7. Her second album was fucking terrible. Her first was fucking amazing. This sounds like it's in the same vein as the second, so no thanks.

8. RJF

RJF

Kate, baby, where did our love go?

9. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

10. It's an improvement, but not a very good song actually. Oh Kate, please come back to the bright side.

11. Her first album is still Godly. I was standing for Kate Nash before I even listened to music properly, and I was really let down by her second. I really wanted to appreciate it for its uncommercial and unique ways, but I just couldn't. Some of the songs are fantastic, but some are awful.

I'm really worried that she is trying to counteract the "Lily Allen lite" remark that she has been branded with, and it's all coming off a bit forced.

12. Not impressed with 3am.

Birds can fly so high and the can shit on your head... Come on Kate, more of that genius pls!

13. This is much better than the EP hope the album sounds more like this.

14. What happened to Kate? She looks like an amalgamation of Paloma Faith, Katy Perry and Marina Diamandis.

15. Yeah, "3 AM" is not all that at all. I agree that her second album was a bit trash, but it gave me the career highlight "Don't You Want to Share the Guilt?", so I'll take it.

16. Her second album could've done alright, if she had led with Paris. 3AM is better than Death Proof.

17. Wasn't it a b-side on one of the Made Of Bricks singles anyway? Haha.

18. This album would be ok if it didn't turn into a total brat-fest half way through every song. I mean, she's trying to be Courtney Love and she just isn't. I did like her second album, for the record.

I'll add 'Part Heart' to my Kate Nash playlist, I do really like that one.

19. Nothing I've heard from this project excites me. She needs the guidance of a record label to bring out the best in her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.