Kate Nash - Later On (3rd single from 'My Best Friend Is You')

Take the money for this single promo and give to Mini Viva or a zillion others who deserve a chance at an album.

And I used to like her~ I just do not like this new CD.

I don't understand what's so offensive about her; she has some fantastic songs, likes to challenge herself with her songwriting, artwork, touring, etc. as well as her listeners (see the reviews for this album saying it's 'rather daring' for a mainstream record). Perhaps it's that she's not very pop, perhaps because she gets to shag Ryan Jarman or perhaps because she's part of the 'indie' crowd with the Cribs et al? Who knows?

I know the new record dropped like a stone, but I don't think a self-penned album with just one producer (and only on the album tracks) that hit 62 in the US and went top 10 in Germany and the UK, as well as top 40 in a lot of other countries, with minimal effort and hardly any promo, will see her dropped anytime soon. She's already been negotiating her next album with them.

To be fair her last 2 single's were good, but if Xtina can't get away with a 4 year gap between album's Kate Nash definately can't get away with a 3 year gap.

I was hoping Paris would be the next single. This album really is atrocious but I still have a soft spot for her on account of Made Of Bricks being mostly awesome.

Ordon said:
I was hoping Paris would be the next single. This album really is atrocious but I still have a soft spot for her on account of Made Of Bricks being mostly awesome.

Indeed. I think my connection to her has waned with this record though. I like it just fine, but I haven't really listened to it since I got it.

"Little Red" will always be great.

Ordon said:

I'm with you on Paris, it's wonderful

euphoria. said:
Well, looks like Kate Nash has struck a nerve with the PJ crowd...

I can't remember many people liking her on here to begin with anyway. I've never ever rated her, as long term posters on here will remember, I was quite harsh about her songs when they first appeared. I just think her music is cringe to death material all the way back to Caroline's A Victim. I never understood how she managed to get away with it.

She needs to retitle the album My Best Friend Is The Dumper.

One of the better songs on the album, and one of the few with a little single potention. So I like the choice for this one.

Kate's in a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't position. If she made a Made of Bricks Part 2, people would be complaining it sounded too similar. So she did something else, and other people are complaining it's too different. Fortunately, I love both albums, so I'm a happy camper. I get to experience joy through Kate's music.