Katharine McPhee "Touch Me" (Single from Smash soundtrack) | The Popjustice Forum

Katharine McPhee "Touch Me" (Single from Smash soundtrack)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Mar 19, 2012.

1. It's fantastic. Is it actually a single though?

2. I read it's being used to promote the soundtrack. Not sure about a physical release or anything. I think it could do well on radio, though.

3. It is fantastic. I thought it was perhaps a bit generic "pop stomper" at first, but the production creeps up on you, and McPhee herself is phenomenal.

4. Absolutely love this! After hearing this I really wish those Ryan Tedder/Rihanna sessions would have worked out.

5. This reminds me of that atrocity "I Am Woman" by Jordin Sparks. Only this doesn't suck.

6. Love this. I saw this posted on another forum and instantly adored it. It's a shame thought that this single isn't being used as a cross-promotion for Smash (which I've never seen) as well as her solo work.

7. Thankfully I remember reports showing that the label that signed the rights to the Smash Soundtracks also signed Katharine (no doubt expecting it all to take off and not wanting other labels to get involved) so hopefully this is just a taste of things to come!

8. This is a bit brilliant! Will have to check the show out as well.

9. I had no idea that she even had a deal on the table; good on the producers though for being proactive and not pulling a "Glee Cast" for her or the show for that matter.

Agreed. I keep meaning to, but I haven't heard anything about it aside from this song obviously.

10. I absolutely love Katharine on Smash. Is her solo material any good?

11. Her first album had 'Neglected' which is amazing but the rest not so much. Her second album is very Colbie Caillat but had 'Unbroken,' 'How,' 'Say Goodbye,' and 'Had It All,' which is also amazing. Her best song is this one and a song called 'Loves Not A Leaver.'

12. Her first album was so good, i still listen to 'Over It' all the time

13. Her first album is pretty much flawless, but her second one has about two good songs on it, the better of which is Say Goodbye.

14. It's no 'Open Toes' but it's pretty great anyway.

15. One of my favorite song this year! It's on infinite repeat for the last two days.

The first album is pretty good as well as her second. But the second is weaker and music direction is completely different than it was on her debut album.

I recommend you listen to these songs:

Love Story
    Over It (my favorite from her debut album)
    Open Toes
    Lifetime (amazing song from her second album)

16. The first album is good in a generic throwaway sense. I adore "Unbroken". It's a far better album IMO, and only has one or two iffy songs. My favourite is Keep Drivin' but Unbroken and Say Goodbye are gorgeous also.

17. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Oh yes, had forgot about Keep Drivin' it's DIVINE.

18. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

I have been whoring this song all day.

19. 'Terrified' and 'How' were both great stuff to.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.