Katie Waissel | Page 42 | The Popjustice Forum

Katie Waissel

Discussion in 'The X Factor' started by Mikl C, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Sex on Fire was the worst performance of the night and possibly the whole series. At least Wagner knows he's a joke and runs with it. Katie claims she a real artist but gave a performance that you would expect to see at a holiday camp.

Shouting "Woo" & "come on everybody" during a Kings of Leon song proved why she should not have been saved the last 4 times.

2. The Sex On Fire performance was woeful. Yet the audience ate it up -- I think that was more to do with the song than Katie and her performance of it. She lacked any sense of stage presence last night.

3. Call me sceptical but I think there were a few extra Katie fans planted in the audience. For reasons that escape me, Simon is doing everything in his power to keep her in this competition.

4. I think your right, the audience went deathly quiet on her 2nd song. I'd like to see her make it through this week though and leave next week

And Dannii gets it right again: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a290235/minogue-waissel-is-hit-or-miss.html

5. I've read a couple of times on other forums that the first couple of rows in the audience are shown signs by a stage hand when to boo, cheer etc. It's the only explanation that makes sense after that horrendous performance.

6. Really? But if I myself was the in the first few rows I would boo and cheer who I wanted regardless of picture they want to paint.

7. There was actually a shot of the guy doing that last night right at the beginning of The Xtra Factor. You could see him getting the audience to cheer Konnie onto the stage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_J-QxUt-lc - got to 27 seconds mark

8. Her Sex On Fire performance was amazing you lot are all bitter.

9. That will be the floor manager then...

Countdown has one of those too.

10. ... Yeah because he's always on the stage during performances indicating the crowd to cheer. It's just he's got an invisibility cloak to cameras during the main show.

Only by standing on the stage could the whole crowd see him.
    Or people are slowly getting over their irrational hate?

Nah, I normally like her performances, but that one was a bit rubbish.

11. The crowd loved her!! Who cares if it was because of the song or someone telling them to cheer.

12. I thought her second song was really good, Sex On Fire not so much, she doesn't really have the voice to sing that song.

13. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

The crowd has never booed Katie, yet she had a 4 week stint in the bottom two. They always boo Wagner, but he hasn't been in the bottom two yet. Thus, the audience cannot be trusted with anything, nor can you perceive anything valid from the audience.

14. She was booed against Aidan and a few other times...

15. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

She was a bit, I remember when she got through for the third time the boo's were thunderous.

Watching this back properly Simon was fully right in what he said about Everybody Hurts, it doesn't work in this format at all.

16. I'd agree with this. Wasn't Wagner cheered for his first performance last night and then booed ahead of his second? Their reactions seem completely random.

17. I don't know the legitimacy of this but I've read numerous times that Simon Cowell or SyCo paid to release her from her American contracts so that she could compete in the competition. He has a vested interest in her winning already having spent money on her.

18. I'm really surprised at all the hate for Sex on Fire. I thought it was her most credible performance to date.

19. I really liked Sex on Fire, watching it back, the irony of it all helped also.

Everybody Hurts was a bit too chopped up and a bit rubbish- It wasn't horrid though.

20. I've never agreed with Simon more than I have about that awful Everybody Hurts arrangement. The 'money shot' in that song is all about the 'everybody hurts -sometime' bit, and I don't think I heard that once!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.