Katy B - Little Red (Album) | Page 36 | The Popjustice Forum

Katy B - Little Red (Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Artemisia, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Oooooh, shiny.

2. Sampha sounds so fucking sexy on Play. I don't want to know what he looks like, I don't want to ruin this.

3. RJF

RJF

Give me that continuous mix. Now.

4. Sampha is flawless and so is Play.

5. Ahhh! That cover looks amazing. I hope the vinyl has the shimmer on it.

Island likes this.
  6. Does anyone else think Crying For No Reason is channeling some Robyn-ness?

7. Oh totally. That's how I made a lot of my friends listen to it.

Island likes this.
  8. The outro in Crying For a Reason gives me goosebumps.

9. It's giving me With every heartbeat-vibes. And that can only be a good thing.

10. That cover is damn well gorgeous and I need to order my physical soon.

What I love about Katy is that she doesn't chuck constant "hands in the air moments out", her music is much more about a steady pace and atmosphere and then you get the soaring heights of Katy On A Mission, the chorus in Witches Brew and the finale of Broken Record. She's amazing in a totally different way to a lot of female pop stars who're all about the chorus.

Island likes this.
  11. It reminds me, in many ways, of 'With Every Heartbeat' in the sense that both don't rely on chasing trends or hanging of the coattails of the artist's past success and do a damn-good job of selling themselves to the public on the strength of wonderful lyrics and an ability to capture something really universal. They also build and build in a similar fashion.

12. I have a hard time comparing anything except 'Broken Record' to 'Without Every Heartbeat' because they're structured so similarly. I suppose I can consider 'Crying For No Reason' comparable, too, given that all three are thematically similar and incredible.

13. = 10 pages of posts when it premiered.

14. It's out in Germany and I think Ireland, too.

The Katy B stans there better be at work uploading right now.

15. That cover looks gorgeous. The image itself and type could've been considerably better so the shine helps a lot.

16. This wait is unbearable. I have access to Australian iTunes but it doesn't get released there until the 14th. Sigh. I wanted to listen to this tonight.

17. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Get in, to Sampha.

[video=youtube;ArysgXoL_JI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArysgXoL_JI[/video]

18. Why aren't Germany and Ireland comin' through?

19. Just downloaded the album from Irish iTunes.

20. I'm sad a train hasn't showed up tonight and I'll most likely have to wait until end of day tomorrow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.