Katy B - Little Red (Album) | Page 41 | The Popjustice Forum

Katy B - Little Red (Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Artemisia, Nov 1, 2013.

1. kal

kal

I agree with this so much. The last 1:30 minutes of Hot Like Fire lack the proper climax of the live version.

Probably someone at the label decided instead of Katy.

Stay Down is my jam right now. The conviction in her vocal delivery gets me every time.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  2. RJF

RJF

My physical copy arrived this morning; it's very pretty.

3. Her voice really is as bland as her hair is red. Shame, the music is good.

4. kal

kal

Is there a booklet with lyrics? I'm not in the UK so I got the iTunes version (because who would wait 2-3 weeks to hear it..) but I'm considering getting the physical as well.

5. Yes there's lyrics in the booklet, and it's so stunning. Only 1 new pic, but the deluxe version is well worth buying in physical, it just looks amazing.

6. RJF

RJF

Lyrics in the booklet, yes. The CD cover itself doesn't have the text on the front, but the lovely cardboard sleeve it comes in does.

7. Sapphire Blue is the latest one to strike me, and strike me hard.

Also, Aaliyah has been out for forever so why am I only learning to love it now?

8. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Is it a digipak? Glad for no text on the cover.

9. RJF

RJF

Nope! Bog standard jewel case with a cardboard sleeve.

10. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Thanks, RJF. I prefer the jewel case + sleeve combination.

Even more excited now!

11. I know everyone raves about digipacks but there's something flimsy about them that I don't really care for.

12. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I have never really liked digipaks. One they get damaged, you can't really replace them as well as you can with a jewel case.

13. What's happened to the vinyl? Still up for pre-order on Amazon.

14. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Doesn't it usually come released after the normal CD pressing? I remember PRISM and ARTPOP being released in the same manner.

15. Excellent review from Pitchfork; sums up a lot of my feelings about the album. I even agree, to an extent, with 'Next Thing' and '5 AM' being "perfectly adequate but hardly spectacular." Really, the only point at which I disagree with them would be regarding the brilliance of 'Sapphire Blue'.

Island likes this.
  16. A lot of the songs clicked faster with me thanks to the continuous mix. Funny what a tracklist reshuffle and some quick mixed transitions can accomplish.

17. The deluxe packaging is so beautiful. I spent ages trying to pull out the holder for the second disk, only to realise it was a sort of fold-out affair.

18. Actually a very good review, although I love that they compare Still to a Celine Dion song as if it's a bad thing.

19. I like it, from a first listen but I don't find there is anything as immediate as say 'Witches Brew' was.
    A few songs kind of sound very samey.
    I quite enjoyed the deluxe edition tracks more than some of the album ones too.
    Hopefully it's a grower.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
  20. I've never actually heard Witches Brew (or most of the debut), I should probably give it a try.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.