Katy B - Peace and Offerings EP | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum

Katy B - Peace and Offerings EP

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Island, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Her vocals just glide!!

2. I vibe with her sense of melody.

The new track is how Aaliyah might sound in 2021. Very mid-tempo but If you speeded it up (which the remixes probably will) it could also be a house track.

3. Gorgeous. It's not a smash, but she does this sort of R&B-meets-Afrobeats warmth so well and her vocals sound even more lush than before.

4. Yeah, it doesn’t serve “comeback song” by any means, but it’s just nice to hear her again on something new.

mcuk, FridayNight, SiduousIII and 5 others like this.
  5. kal

kal

I relate to this very much.

mcuk and sesita like this.
  6. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This is fantastic! I think I was going to enjoy whatever she put out but this is highly boppable, ready for more!

7. She looks absolutely radiant in the video!

8. On first listen I was slightly underwhelmed.

But now on my fifth go around, I can confirm Kathleen did not miss.

mcuk and Mikey1701 like this.
  9. This is one of those deceitful ones that creep up on you, that "let you in" hook is now stuck in my brain! I now think she should totally collab with Jorja Smith.

mcuk, FINISH LINE, j267 and 1 other person like this.
  10. A Katy x Jorja collab would honestly fulfil all the fantasies.

11. This is exactly what I needed from her to come back with.

12. Not what I was expecting, but God, her voice is such a treat.

13. Agreed with all the comments. But it is nice to hear her voice on something new after a long time.

14. Good song. The chorus is great.

15. Island

Island Staff Member

Her vocals are so rich and she looks stunning in the video. The song isn’t too far off of what Mahalia has been releasing but it’s a nice reintroduction to Katy.

Vasilios, j267 and sesita like this.
  16. kal

kal

Does anyone else feel the volume of this song is a bit on the low side? Compared to other recent releases, I have to increase the volume on my speakers when listening to this.

Crisp X, FINISH LINE and Robert like this.
  17. Mmh...yes. This is is hitting all my pleasure spots.

Mr Blonde likes this.
  18. Uno

Uno

It's giving me Mutya Buena in the best way.

Wishlight, SiduousIII, sesita and 2 others like this.
  19. Mh I'm a bitsy underwhelmed. She sounds and looks amazing of course but the production is a bit too beige and Spotify-ready for my taste. A lead single it is not.

20. It's been bugging me all day what the oooh oohs reminded me of and I just realised it's Brandy's Best Friend. The part before 'cause I'm your sister' ('friends may come and go' in the Brandy track).

FINISH LINE, Mr Blonde and sesita like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.