Katy B - Peace and Offerings EP | Page 16 | The Popjustice Forum

Katy B - Peace and Offerings EP

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Island, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Well I think Under My Skin is divine. Katy's voice is gorgeous on this (years of vocal rest paying off!! Sksksk), the vocal production is truly luxurious and makes this a pleasure to listen to. The melodies are giving classic rnb, I can hear Aaliyah, Brandy, Ashanti on this.

Honey is one of my favourite songs from her and this hits the same marks. I'm sure she's got some dance bangers up her sleeve though!

mcuk, Imagineitwasus, codecat and 6 others like this.
  2. 3Xs

3Xs

Her voice sounds just as good (maybe even better?) than I remember. The production is really top-notch. Bassy and slinky, heavy Aaliyah vibes. Instantly one of the best singles of this year for me.

3. This just isn’t doing IT for me. Her voice is flawless, it’s an alright track but for me it’s not the I’M BACK I wanted. I hoping the second single will thirst my quench.

4. Honestly, she's been away so long (Honey was 2016!) that she'll need to do some groundwork in terms of getting her streams/placements/profile back up again, so I presume there's going to be a couple of tracks like this to build up momentum before any kind of album rollout.

5. Unless she gets on some major playlist I think her days of charting singles are long gone.

Veeis and Creguk like this.
  6. She still comes across as quite a young artist to me so I don’t necessarily feel like the female/age/radio not touching her will come into play.

j267, kal and Uno like this.
  7. Island

Island Staff Member

Another single:

8. I'm glad that we're getting something new in short piece of time. I wonder if it will all lead to some kind of EP at least?

9. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I can't believe I missed tickets going up? Ugh.

10. SEE has some left!

2014 likes this.
  11. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Thaaaanks!!

12. Similar vibe to "Under My Skin". Missing a bit boppier side of Ms B, but it's still a lovely song.

andru, Karvel, sinner and 2 others like this.
  13. I love it! That lounge-y, jazzy vibe is lush, it reminds me of Hard to Get from her debut.

j267 and Crisp X like this.
  14. To quite Vanessa Hudgens:”I respect it.”

But where are the bops?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  15. This one sounds like a demo. If she's going R&B then I need it to be as lush and smooth as Under My Skin was, Open Wound have lovely melodies though.

And yeah, she's going R&B/Soul. Her new EP, Peace and Offerings, featuring 8 tracks is dropping on October 29th.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    andru, PopCrushed, Edu and 12 others like this.
  16. Just gimme one bop please babe. I have loved both these tracks too. Very vibey and been on repeat since release.

17. 8 songs…I’d say that was an album.

soratami likes this.
  18. Island

Island Staff Member

I think this is more or a reintroduction to her after awhile away. It’s clearly a little low key.

sesita and Veeis like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.