Katy Perry - 6th Album | The Popjustice Forum

Katy Perry - 6th Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Nov 30, 2021.

1. She's dropping a new single soon, so I figured we'll start fresh now that Smile is officially dead.

Snippet:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    Music Is Death, Maki, Serg. and 7 others like this.
  2. Oh I didn’t realise that was a snippet! Sounds great.

3. It's giving Galantis collaboration. Tentatively bopping?

4. It's an Alesso collab.

Phloo, inevitable, Bobbyrae and 3 others like this.
  5. Why is she launching in December? All the Hot AC/AC stations where she's likely to get the most support now are programming Christmas.

6. Because her residency starts on the 29th. It's probably a decent time to release at the very end of December.

GimmeWork likes this.
  7. Oh yeah. Well if it's just to promote the residency I guess that's cool. Hopefully a proper first single will come a bit later and we don't get stuck in that weird limbo again like with Smile.

8. Sounds like background music for a cosmetics commercial. I didn’t even notice the music when I clicked play on the video ddd. Umm??

GimmeWork likes this.
  9. The video is major.

wodny and nooniebao like this.
  10. Ok but if Katy x Alesso serves this level of quality, I'll be smitten.

Digital_Fossil and thefaceofyou like this.
  11. 00:00 on Smile's release day:

12. Hope it's great. I've enjoyed everything Katy has put out for the most part, but I do agree with what @Joe. said about she and her team needing to be a bit more discerning about what she puts out. I'd be more into an actual lead single for an album than a DJ collaboration, but this works.

She is working on an album, I assume. Hence the sessions with Benny Blanco.

nooniebao likes this.
  13. Sounds like a David Audé remix from 2010... a bop!

14. Per @swim in the Vegas thread, it appears the single with Alesso is called When I'm Gone.

nooniebao likes this.
  15. Let's get HYPED

16. A snippet leaked and it sounds like a bop.

17. Oh yeah this sounds like a BOP

18. Do you think we'll get another album soon? I could see her just chucking out songs randomly for a while.

19. Smile left me cold outside of career highlights Never Really Over and Harleys In Hawaii (that both should’ve been #1 for weeks). The rest felt basic, overwrought and thin. She’s never been someone whose albums I stanned in full but she almost always had more killer than filler. Therefore I’m hoping she’s got more up her sleeve this cycle because when she’s on she’s a bloody brilliant popstar.

20. Just noticed the Cozy Little Christmas merch on her site, now talk about a Christmas bop.

mayhuee likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.