Katy Perry - Harleys In Hawaii + 5th Book | Page 323 | The Popjustice Forum

Katy Perry - Harleys In Hawaii + 5th Book

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 8, 2018.

1. It was just playing in Greggs. Smash incoming!

2. Oh, I want to take a ride as well! But not on a Harley.

lushLuck likes this.
  3. [​IMG]

Ban it.

lushLuck and mayhuee like this.
  4. Queen of baked goods.

[​IMG]

Joe. likes this.
  5. Same

6. The flavour!
    [​IMG]

7. Harleys is the best single of the campaign. Love the laid back vibes.

XXX, Vixen, DoggySwami and 1 other person like this.
  8. Yeah, not liking this breezy mega-bop just because of Puth makes absolutely zero sense!

This feels 100% Katy from the innuendo in the lyrics to the vocal production....you can barely tell Puth has any involvement,.... you know as opposed to a lot of his collabs where the end product is indistinguishable from his solo songs (See "Easier" by 5SOS).

I'm by no means a Puth fan, but this is an example that a Puth collab can work successfully when his imprint on the track doesn't overpower the artist. *something something rants about the Sia syndrome something something*

9. I do like all three singles. Is there any sign of an album?

10. No.

11. wow these two posts are a 2019 pop girl mood

12. That “I’ll be your baby” melody is very Puth, in a good way.

13. I'm obsessed with this song in the way a lot of you were for NRO.

So of course it's already being called a flop. I think in this era of...lets say not exactly dominance...by big pop girls, stans and especially record labels need to get used to the fact that not everything is going to fly to the top right away. There needs to be more effort than just dropping a video, and then things need some time to grow.

14. This is rather nice. Much much better than Small Talk.

Maki likes this.
  15. Harleys In Hawaii is gorgeous and the video is unexpectedly great.

stuaw, Maki, Ashling92 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Loving all 3 songs from this era!

stuaw likes this.
  17. I think it’s rather lovely and incredibly addictive. Not at all what I expected but I’m pleasantly surprised. The video along with all those catchy hooks really sold me from the first listen. Like many of you, I’ve had the wolf-like “aaawwwwooooooooh” crooning stuck in my head all day.

stuaw, Maki and Digital_Fossil like this.
  18. How is this doing?

19. It peaked at #6 on iTunes and sadly is falling. Capitol didn't get it a radio deal and hasn't even sent it to radio yet via promo. No adds date is set up either.

Don't forget it also was removed from iTunes for 6 hours and didn't show up on Apple Music until 10 hours after release.

Capitol is really dropping the ball.

20. There might be a chance they aren't gonna make it an official single. It came out on a Wednesday, she didn't do the big tease rolling up to it the last 2 got, it hasn't gone to radio yet. This might just be a "well we have this one done, might as well throw it out". I hope it's a single, I think it's strong enough to be. But who knows what their game plan is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.