Katy Perry - Never Really Over + 5th Studio Album | Page 147 | The Popjustice Forum

Katy Perry - Never Really Over + 5th Studio Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 8, 2018.

1. I'm surprised its so high! I'm thrilled!

2. Heard this at two different bars last night. We had to stan!

Mikey1701 likes this.
  3. Like I said, the numbers are definitely solid - it could have done a lot worse. I know that this was always going to be an uphill battle given the last few singles, and the quality of the song is the first step in the right direction. I just assumed based on the push it'd be a bit higher, but it's a good start. I'm most interested to see how radio reacts to it in the next few weeks. That's what will really determine if it has any legs. The video views are very good, too.

4. [​IMG]

5. It's at 10 now anyway and left Miley behind. It deserves to smash. I rarely experienced such universal praise for Miss Perry.

thequinntessential likes this.
  6. J'adore ça! I have to admit I hadn’t know ‘Love You Like That’ and Dagny before Thursday (unforgivable, I know) so I got not only one but two amazing songs from this so let me give my coin to both these talented women. I can imagine I’m not the only one like this so it’s a win win situation.
    The pre-chorus is delicous but when the chorus kicks off it’s really something special.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  7. What do you mean 'it's at 10 now'? Spotify updates daily, not every 30 minutes.

8. Really hope they capitalize on this positive response and put the album out sooner rather than later.

9. Yeah this is amazing.

10. Katy really said GAY RIGHTS! with this one. We have to stan.

11. For those requesting...

The song is pure musical adderall.

Noir, speedyboi, stuaw and 3 others like this.
  12. This is kind of... Amazing

13. This is what poppers sound like.

drewsky, Milotic, stuaw and 1 other person like this.
  14. I checked the Global Spotify Top 50 and I can see her at 10. That's what I meant. I don't know how often that updates but for me it shows at 10.

15. Oh, I said she missed the top 10 on US Spotify. She debuted at #10 on the global chart. WW she placed ahead of both Miley (#14) and Cardi (#19), but in the US they both made the top 10 and Katy just missed.

Mikal likes this.
  16. Oh sorry I got this mixed up. But good to her she is not local yet I guess.

Surprised Miley beat her but I most likely because she is closer to the streaming demographic. Soccer moms will buy soon.

17. This song made me go about 85 on the highway today. A euphoric, life threatening bop.

18. As the two Popjustice posters who follow my Instagram and have heard my lo-fi demos know, I'm an amateur songwriter (though I do more alt R&B kind of stuff) and that soaring "Two years and just like that" pre-chorus bit is something I wish I had written. It's glorious.

19. This is absolutely sublime. I've lost count of how many times I've played it since yesterday morning, and the chorus still hits me with the same euphoric rush every time. I genuinely hope this is a Teenage Dream era level hit for Miss Hudson.

20. Seeing a lot of posters advertising the song all over Manchester!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.