Katy Perry - Never Really Over + 5th Studio Album | Page 200 | The Popjustice Forum

Katy Perry - Never Really Over + 5th Studio Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 8, 2018.

1. I went running yesterday and 'Never Really Over' comes on shuffle and the second wind effect is real. Still such a song.

2. I don't suffer from it.

LP, Vixen, Meathook and 26 others like this.
  4. I know we hate ZEDD now, and for a reason, but his ghost producers did a great job with 365. It bawps!
    By the way I hated that uninspired twat ever since "Clarity". There's receipts.

5. RJF

RJF

I... don't think "Never Really Over" is anywhere to close to perfect, but I'll take 8.5/10 from someone who could barely get above a 4/10 on her last album.

"365" was just... there. But I'm sure we'll find out where everyone stands during Big Pop Girls 2019 at the end of the year, won't we?

6. Thought we kissed goodbye
    Thought we meant this time was the last but
    I guess it's never really over
    [​IMG]

Thought we drew the line
    Right through you and I
    Can't keep going back
    [​IMG]

I guess it's never really ooohveeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    [​IMG]

That double chorus that only kicks in after the second chorus is a masterpiece and earns it a 10/10 alone.

7. Does this mean that this year's album-less singles that didn't crack the US/UK top10 are gonna be included in the rate?

Mirwais Ahmadzaï likes this.
  8. Never Really Over played at the bar I was at in Hell's Kitchen this weekend. Seeing a room full of gays using all available lung capacity to sing the chorus was a moment
    [​IMG]

9. I went to a Spongebob themed pop up bar (because Millenials) and a girl behind me started singing the Campfire Song Song and I got the image of Katy as Patrick attempting to keep up with playback and now I can’t get the image out of my head.

WhenTheSunGoesDown likes this.
  10. She has such a lovely head voice.

JMRGBY88, stuaw, AllGagaLike and 9 others like this.
  12. I...don't think she sounded great there but imma blame the bathroom acoustics.

dirtypony, ALEX and nomoresadsongs like this.
  13. Rem

Rem

I thought she sounded great?

14. I thought she sounded decent too!

stuaw and Robsolete like this.
  15. She sounds terrific.

16. Yeah she sounded great, I really liked it.

*big breath*

17. "Big breath!" before repeating the post chorus made me choke. I love this song so much.

18. Performances from the comfort of your bathroom really sounds like something Xtina should have pioneered ages ago.

GimmeWork, stuaw, Beginner and 7 others like this.
  19. I kept bracing myself and tensing up at certain points for something vocally bad to happen but they never did and so I'm kind of exhausted after watching that but overall it was a pleasant experience.

miss anthropop and Leader Beans like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.