Katy Perry - One Of The Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
pussy power said:
Kate Perry is a homophobic twunt who fuels knife crime culture.

That surely makes a lot of sense. Admitting she has questioned her sexuality is pretty homophobic!!

S

someboy0716

Isn't it kind of obvious at this point that this whole homosexuality-complex that she has seems entirely contrived? I doubt she's singing these songs as if they have any meaning behind them.

Well, you know, ultimately all these questions about her intentions and relative degree of homophobia/god-puppetness will only fuel record sells. Already I Kissed A Girl is in the Top 30 in US iTunes. Madonna plugged her and I have to say, there is some sort of similarity between the two, if only (for right now) on very minimal levels. The ability to stir controversy, good or bad, manipulated by record companies or not, is a cunning strategy, you can't deny.

S

someboy0716

That's somewhat true, controversy doesn't always translate into sales (Michael Jackson, Britney, but here's not the place for a discussion about them), but overall, I would agree with you.

I never knew about her Christian background, but I do remember an interview with her in Blender a few years ago about being the voice of the Matrix band. I was upset that project never materialized, it probably would have been quite good.

The whole campaign is off to a good start either way with this already debuting on the Hot 100 at #76 without promotion or a video, pretty impressive.

S

Sephi101

Well.. Its Finally Out, I Think... It Says It Premiered On Myspace Not Long Ago
Its Not The Next 'All The Things She Said' Video Wise, But It'll Do I Guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHCVXGTjyNI

It Reminds Me In Parts Of That Horrible Keeley (Or whatever her name is) Music Video Thats Knocking Around, But A Million Times Better, She Even Strokes Her Pussy At The Begining.

Isn't this song a few years too late? This lesbo-chic stuff was big in the late 90s and early 00s. In fact, there was another song called "I Kissed a Girl" http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=zpI7znS8Fuc from back then; a sort of folky-pop type song.

It's very girl-on-girl-for-straight-boys tripe. "Oh, look I'm sexy and avantgarde; I explore sexuality." Zzzzzz.

LOVE HER!!! LOVE HER!!! LOVE HER!!! LOVE HER!!!
All her songs I heard are quite adorable and I love the lyrics. I think she can be new Pink.
By the way Max Martin is one of the authors of Hot'n'Cold and I Kissed a Girl - that's why it reminds Cuz I Can a little. Can't wait for her album!

hidesebastian! said:
I hate that she wakes up with a man and she smiles relieved, then closes her eyes. Straight prudes.

I love the song, though.

But the whole song is like that! It might as well have been called 'I Kissed A Girl (But I'm Not A Big Scary Lesbian, I'm Actually Lovely And Normal And Straight)'

If I ignore the lyrics, I quite like the song. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do that though.

S

someboy0716

I like this girl less and less, and ironically, she's only becoming more successful, and I know I'll just cringe when I read reviews of her and they claim she's original and a pop princess of substance and such, can't you just them? Even Hot N' Cold has lost its effect that it had on me, and knowing what I do about her past isn't helping matters at all. People are going to love her though, this song is already in the iTunes top 10 in the States. I apologize for my countrymen!

S

someboy0716

I think Cuz I Can is the far better song, it has actual personality, at least P!nk can sound like she's singing with conviction. The video to this song just shows how ridiculous Miss Perry really is, I'm not sure she's really made for a pop career.

She's gone from quirky, sexually ambiguous, rock-pop, break-out singer to "UTTER SLUT!"

All her terribly forced sexy faces make me wince.

That video is so about "making out with girls to turn on blokes". Very patronising to actual gay or bi women.

Status
Not open for further replies.