Katy Perry - Smile | Page 406 | The Popjustice Forum

Katy Perry - Smile

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 8, 2018.

1. This is great. Part of me wants to be controversial and say this is her most refreshing single since The One That Got Away and that she's actually the pop star most primed to make an actual authentic turn into AC material. Give me an emotional acoustic version like we're back in 2005, Kathryn.

2. I think its lovely in its own way. Good for her.

3. What a lovely surprise. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do.

Just behind "Never Really Over" as far as her recent singles go.

Blond, Lost Boy and xOJakeXo like this.
  4. She can just sit with her guitar and do this one, which makes this an excellent single to promote during quarantine.

5. Sorry for the flood posting

Melodically, I hear "Teenage Dream" in those low, warm synths underneath the verses. Also, each pre-chorus is soooo Taylor Swift! "I'm the small town / One in seven billion" she probably wants to duet on this part alone.

6. It's 'Unconditionally' all over for me. With the 'Never Really Over' sonic palette

Butterfly likes this.
  7. This is absolutely lovely and probably the first song that actually sounds like it comes from the same album as Never Really Over. Refreshing, heartfelt, and unabashedly earnest in a way that really works for her.

Blooms up, little Daisies!

8. It's cute. I don't think I'll return to it much, but it's pleasant.

9. It’s fine but bring back the wake up sheeple and deep house inflected oral sex bops teebs.

10. "When did we all stop believing in magic?
    Why did we put all our hopes in a box in the attic?"

And "Took those sticks and stones, showed them I could build a house"
    are great lyrics. Some of the other lines don't really work well for me. But overall it's a cute song.
    I hope she's got more Never Really Overs coming because that was my favorite Katy song in a long while.

11. Start getting watered, Daisies - new mech sprouted.

*EDIT* The signed yellow 7" are gone and I'm devastaed.

Jacques and Petty Mayonnaise like this.
  12. I hate to say it, but this is very "New Romantics," no? Still a great lyric, but it was the immediate reference I latched on to.

Ashling92 likes this.
  13. Nawt a bucket hat

14. It’s cute! Should’ve been the follow up to Never Really Over.

flowersandu likes this.
  15. I actually kind of want that enamel mug. I've been inside too long.

Lost Boy likes this.
  16. I need that cover me in daisies jumper!

Crisp X likes this.
  17. The merch saying it'll be shipped on June 22. Hopefully that means the June date for the album is correct after all.

18. [​IMG]

Future Lover and Sanctuary like this.
  19. Hmmm.

Maybe itzzz a grower.

20. It‘s not something fresh but oh so nice.

It can totally become a radio hit, lovely.

mayhuee likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.