Katy Perry - Smile | Page 416 | The Popjustice Forum

Katy Perry - Smile

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Oh I really enjoy this, it’s a sweet, easy listen. Someone remarked how what we’ve come to expect from Katy Perry the pop star is so necessary in this time, and I couldn’t agree more. For all the slack the forum (rightfully) gives her at times for pushing her shtick a little too far at moments in her career, her lightheartedness is unique to her as an artist, and I’m glad she’s moved to a place of being unapologetic about that.

mayhuee, ratedr and Crisp X like this.
  2. Oh I’m a dummy. I second guessed it because I thought it might be too morbid ddd.

It's a beautiful lyric.

inevitable, sesita, Island and 4 others like this.
  3. She's live on Amazon. She confirmed that the album is coming on August 14th.

Bobbyrae, stuaw, inevitable and 3 others like this.
  4. Don’t tell me there are actual promo opportunities right now?

stuaw likes this.
  5. This Amazon stream keeps cutting out and I want to scream. This "Never Really Over" performance sounds fantastic!

6. Island

Island Staff Member

I'm genuinely excited for the album. Daisies is exactly the lighthearted sentimental moment I wanted from her.

mayhuee likes this.
  7. She just said she's going to use AR/VR on the Idol performance. Chromatica teas!

[​IMG]

8. aux likes this.
  9. Well that... is what it means. Or more specifically "pushing up daisies" / the daisies growing from the ground that she's buried in rather than someone placing the flowers there.

joe_alouder and Mr Blonde like this.
  10. It feels like a very organic progression for an artist like Katy Perry in 2020. Like, something about this really makes me feel emotional. It’s kind of like a breath of fresh air in bad times, and honestly between this and Never Really Over I’ve never liked her more than I do now. Smashed it.

11. Walking On Air came on for me, the boppery.

12. I know iTunes doesn't mean much nowadays, but it's her first song to reach #1 in the US since Rise in 2016.

Joe., mayhuee and SlowBurn like this.
  13. RJF

RJF

Mr.Arroz, Rem, aaronhansome and 5 others like this.
  14. I think this is pretty wonderful for multiple reasons, particularly because one of Katy’s greatest strengths at her best moments is the sense of genuine joy that comes through in her music. Count me in the group feeling quite moved by this given the abundance of uncertainty surrounding everyone and everything right now.

15. First performance here. She sounds great as per.

16. Whatever she did to get her voice in shape for Witness onwards... keep doing it, Katy.

17. So had to run some errands and it’s one of those beautiful sunny days where you can just vibe with the windows down in the car and this is just a perfect song for the Spring I can’t even. They seriously got this so right this time.

xOJakeXo likes this.
  18. This is cute with its easy breezy sunny mood but lead single material it’s not. The daisies repetition part is not pleasant to listen to at all and it’s the only part of the song that is memorable. Harleys in Hawaii was a much stronger single and it wasn’t even a lead. I don’t know Katy has lost me with her single choices for some time now.

19. I like this. It's properly moody and pensive without being strained like all the "introspective" stuff on Witness.

Someboy likes this.
  20. BTG

BTG

Ugh. This is lovely. Her voice is only getting stronger and fuller as she's aged.

EnsnareTheSenses, Sam, mpl and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.