Katy Perry - Smile | Page 441 | The Popjustice Forum

Katy Perry - Smile

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 8, 2018.

1. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

The ‘Walking On Air’ part

[​IMG]

Sam, Mr.Arroz, HEARTCORE and 27 others like this.
  2. God, she’s just nailing it at the moment.

She started to become VERY grating but her recent aura is just so... likeable. A great mix of Authentic Katy and Komedy Katy and neither too annoying.

I am rooting for Katy Perry.

3. I second all of the above, that remix is insane.

She really embodies everything a pop star should be...and she’s doing all of it whilst that pregnant. Slay a little Katheryn.

4. I really am looking forward to this album, Covid has made some of these girls just be so creative with their promo opportunities and Katy is definitely one of them.

xOJakeXo likes this.
  5. The fact that she's clearly loving the process and having fun with everything this time around, rather than putting pressure on herself to make the song a smash, is so refreshing. Sis really said, "Oh y'all thought it's impossible to promote during a global pandemic?" It's a scream that this feels like one of the best pop promo campaigns of the last several years.

6. Katy continuing to deliver creative visuals despite the situation while being heavily pregnant AND a superb remix on top of that? Respect.

DoggySwami and MB like this.
  7. It’s a very cute video and the remix is a fun little gem. The remix just has a little bit of crappy mixing, but that should be easily fixed.

BeingNormal likes this.
  8. New interviews.

colouroffensive likes this.

9. Not Katy making me emotional today.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    enjoy, Push, Subspace88 and 4 others like this.
  10. The Pride megamix and its video are a perfect representation of why I love Katy Perry. She really seems liberated, unchained and full of life right now.

Sam, enjoy, Crisp X and 6 others like this.
  11. The remix/video is brilliant. The megamix portion was a great way to acknowledge her being in the industry for 10+ years.

12. Well that is a great and fun video, and a great megamix, executed with a very, very generic beat!

13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The Daisies remix is great, I would definitely use that more than the original.

14. It seems like Katy is finally in tune, and most of all, comfortable with who she is as a person and her place in the world. It’s been great to witness.

VicePresidentJocasta likes this.
  15. Walking On Air really is *that* missed opportunity. The Teenage Dream-level signature hit that should’ve been.

16. Prism should have had 8 singles and they should have been:

Roar
    Unconditionally
    Dark Horse
    Birthday (with a better video)
    This Is How We Do
    Legendary Lovers feat. Drake
    Walking On Air (gets a showcase during the Super Bowl performance)
    Ghost

Like I've said many times, they didn't get the singles wrong - all 5 that were singles were more than single worthy - but it was so jam packed with potential hits that they should have released more. I still can't believe Legendary Lovers feat. Drake is just rotting on someones hard drive.

aaronhansome, Jacques, D.Jay and 6 others like this.
  17. As much as I love Walking On Air, I don't think it will become a hit. The musical landscape in US at the time wasn't really that receptive towards house/house-influenced pop.

I still enjoy the Can't Cancel Pride megamix so much. It's just pure fun and delight. The transition from Swish Swish part back to Daisies again

[​IMG]

enjoy and bakerboy92 like this.
  18. Is this confirmed to exist?? That shit would’ve smashed in 2014. Why didn’t it get released?

19. Someone on her livestream just asked what the theme of the album was and she hummed the circus theme I-

She also confirmed signed CDs and songs called What Makes a Woman and Champagne Problems

Jacques and Sean_ius like this.
  20. Island

Island Staff Member

Songs called Champagne Problems always pop off. Perched, Miss Perry.

Mr.Arroz, LPMA and matthew. like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.